Tiger Lager Beer Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McTarnamins

Reaction score
Anyone have a clone recipe for Tiger Lager Beer? I spend a lot of time in Singapore/Malaysia and I always enjoy this sweet, refreshing lager. It's not dry like the japanese lagers (kirin, sapporo, etc.); it is sweet for the tropical climate. I know it uses rice, but I'm not sure how to get it sweet except for mashing at a higher temperature. I'm thinking about using a Mexican Lager yeast for less attenuation also. Any ideas or recipes would be a big help. This would be a fun one to for for the hot St. Louis summers which are similar to the Rainy Season in S.E. Asia.

Thanks!

Need Recipe. It's the only mass quantity beer I can stand. Goes best in tropical climate.

Tiger2.jpg

Terima kasih for the memories.

I've had quite a few Tigers myself wile in Miri, Sarawak. The restaurant we frequented had the glass bombers for 8 ringgit, or 3 cans for 10.

Sorry I don't have a recipe for you.

Minum!

I know it uses rice, but I'm not sure how to get it sweet except for mashing at a higher temperature. I'm thinking about using a Mexican Lager yeast for less attenuation also. Any ideas or recipes would be a big help.

That seems like a pretty good plan if you want something macro-ish but sweeter. It is very hard to replicate a very clean beer because it comes down to subtle things like the brand of malt, yeast strain, fermentation regime etc... It should get you close, and then you can tweak and re-brew if need be.

look on page 17 of beer captured by tess and mark szamatulski

Their recipes generally seem pretty far off the mark from what I have seen.

Terima kasih for the memories.

I've had quite a few Tigers myself wile in Miri, Sarawak. The restaurant we frequented had the glass bombers for 8 ringgit, or 3 cans for 10.

Sorry I don't have a recipe for you.

Minum!

Tidak Masala (No Problem),

A couple more pics from my recent trip to Kuching, Sarawak. I spent some time on the coast and a lot of time eating and drinking Tigers at the food stall shown.

IMG_06721.jpg

IMG_07961.JPG

IMG_07982.JPG

IMG_08392.JPG

look on page 17 of beer captured by tess and mark szamatulski

Without plagerizing the book can you give me a rundown of the malts, adjuncts and yeasts and temperatures? I'm assuming a single hop addition and IBU of about 10-15.

Thanks,

Back