Throwing a bunch of different things together...mix-mash wine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cottonwoodks

Reaction score
I am wanting to make plum wine, but don't have quite enough plums. Any reason not to mix them with what I have in my freezer, which is dandelion flowers (again, not quite enough on their own) and/or elderberries from last summer????

Every December I clean out my freezer and make "Freezer Punch" wine. This year's turned out a very nice blush. Light red and just sweet enough to say it's sweet.

Freezer Punch.jpg

Every December I clean out my freezer and make "Freezer Punch" wine. This year's turned out a very nice blush. Light red and just sweet enough to say it's sweet.

What a lovely idea! I think I'm going to adopt it (though maybe not waiting until December). I also have some frozen buffalo currants and....gooseberries, maybe?

I had some raspberries that when by themselves made a bit too tart wine, so mixed the last quart bags with blackberries and strawberries. Definitely milded out the tartness a bit.

I have a bag of frozen 'tropical' fruit mix (pineapple, dragon fruit, passion fruit) that I want to try with dried mangoes as well for a very different flavor.

I only make 1 gallon batches just so I can try more varieties/mixes.

Back