Three very large beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neonsilver

Reaction score
I'm looking to do three very large beers next because I'm now at a point in my pipeline that I can let a few fermentors sit for a year. I need to come up with extract w/steeping grain recipes for all three as I'd like to do them relatively soon. I'm also looking for comments on anything I should do to make sure they turn out very good and any recipes will be considered. The three that I'm looking to brew are a Russian imperial stout, a Barleywine and a Belgian Tripel.

make huge yeast starters for all of them... check in our recipe database for good recipes... check out brewing classic styles also, you can't go wrong with those recipes and there is extract versions of all of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I was planning on some huge starters, what would you guys recommend? Also, the only one I was really wanting to stick to perfect style with is the Tripel, the others I want to go extremely big with (10% or more on the stout and a little higher yet on the BW).:ban: I'm still searching the forum for the perfct recipes for this much aging so any ideas from you guys would be appreciated.

Back