Threads on 50L Euro Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LayMeister

Reaction score
I am hoping to find a fitting to adapt the standard tap connector on a 50L Euro keg to those used on an electric water heater element. Any ides what size the threads are or where to find such a fitting?

Thanks,
Paul

You want to put a heating element where the coupler goes in the top of the keg?
One concern is the element needs to be immersed so usually they are placed though the side, horizontally, so that even smaller liquid volumes cover the element.
Another is that the coupler fitting is most likely not going to fit any kind of heater element. You could remove the spear assembly and attach a tri-clamp fitting with 1"NPT threads, or drill and tap those threads into a triclamp blank cap.

Actually I'd be turning the Keg upside down and the heater will be a the bottom.

You want to put a heating element where the coupler goes in the top of the keg?
One concern is the element needs to be immersed so usually they are placed though the side, horizontally, so that even smaller liquid volumes cover the element.
Another is that the coupler fitting is most likely not going to fit any kind of heater element. You could remove the spear assembly and attach a tri-clamp fitting with 1"NPT threads, or drill and tap those threads into a triclamp blank cap.

Actually I'd be turning the Keg upside down and the heater will be a the bottom.

I was thinking of doing exactly that. But in a pot not a keg.

Some one mentioned to me that the chances were high that sooner or later I'd have the element projecting from the fluid and that would pretty quickly kill the element. I forget who it was, but I'm glad for the course correction.

Back