Thread Moving

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boston Brew Guy

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, why are threads about extract kits being moved? Aren't those related to brewing with extracts? I'm just wondering because thats where I would post one.

Pretty sure its because the people are asking for recipe information or suggestions. Not just general talk on extract brewing. I could be wrong though, but I noticed it also.

Yes.

If it's about a recipe rather than technique it belongs in the recipe forum. Same for All grain.
Looking for a recipe, a critique or recipe help then it should be asked in the recipe section.
If you have a question relating specifically to extract brewing then this is the forum for it.

There should be a lot less post in this forum than there is.

I posted my question about an extract-only kit here since there is no all-grain/partial mash option for that kit. The recipe forum is usually about tweaks and additions, not kit opinions. I would really like to see my thread moved back here, or maybe some additional forums added.

I don't see the point of the recipe forum if extract brewers are posting recipe questions here.

Am I missing something.Is there a reason Why can all grain and extract users can't share the recipe-ingredients forum?

I don't see the point of the recipe forum if extract brewers are posting recipe questions here.

Am I missing something.Is there a reason Why can all grain and extract users can't share the recipe-ingredients forum?

I guess I always thought of the recipe/ingredient forum as a place to go if you're making up your own recipe (or considering tweaking a kit) and need advice, or if you have a question about a specific ingredient. Unless I'm asking about tweaking a kit, I would like to post kit questions in the forum that attracts brewers who have maybe used the kit before (in my specific case: extract kit -> extract forum).

I see your point, and I agree - "If it ain't broke..."

Is there a possibility of seeing a "Ingredient kit reviews" forum in the near future? (one forum is fine for extract/partial-mash/all-grain) Maybe use the header option like in the sales forums?

Don't you think we have too many sub forums already? Many people ignore what forum they're posting in because there are many of them. Adding more is, most likely, only gonna make it worse.

I've had a hard time even sitting down to answer posts lately because there have been so many in the completely wrong forum, or else are repeat after repeat. It's a mess and I don't envy the mods for having to clean it up. I guess it's just "that time of year" again, and it'll probably be fine in a month.

I'm gonna go RDW a little.

I agree that we dont need anymore sub forums. If it were up to me though, I would leave all the extract kit questions in the extract forum. I agree that it is more likely to be seen by other extract brewers.

Back