thoughts on a pomegranate beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebid

Reaction score
so my wife asked if i could make a pomegranate beer for her i was thinking of using light dry extract and cscade hops and pomegranate juice but am not sure of the hop boil times what would you do and what yeast should i use she would like the beer to come out fruity but not overpowering and sweeter rather than tart

I would go very easy on the hops, say 15 IBUs near the start of the boil (hop doesn't matter much). Use a low attenuating strain (1968 or Windsor maybe) to leave extra sweetness. Not sure on the amount of juice to add (2 quarts is probably about right to start), but I would add it after primary fermentation dies down.

Try adding the seeds from fresh pomegranates and the juice that u gather while retrieving the seeds to the secondary. Easy way is to cut the poms in half and with your finger u can pull all the seeds into a bowl and a lot of juice will come with the seeds.

Back