Thoughts on a couple IPA Recipes...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Upthewazzu

Reaction score
1st one I'm going for a citrus flavor with a floral aroma:

11lb 2-row
1lb white wheat
1lb marris otter
.5lb munich 20L

60 min: 1oz Magnum
15 min: 1oz Citra
05 min: 1oz Palisades
01 min: 1oz Palisades
Dry Hop: 1oz Amarillo + 1oz Centennial

Yeast: Wyeast 1056 American Ale w/1.5L starter

IBU's are mid-60's and ABV is ~6.2% per Beersmith

2nd one is an all fuggles pale/bitter, honestly have no idea how this one will turn out:

9.5lb 2-row
.75lb crystal 15
.75lb Brown malt

60 min: 1.25oz Fuggles
30 min: 1.25oz Fuggles
05 min: 1.25oz Fuggles
Dry Hop: 1oz Fuggles (this is a maybe)

Yeast: White Labs WLP008 East Coast Ale w/1.5L starter

IBU's are mid-40's and ABV is ~5% per Beersmith

Any thoughts? I've already mixed the grains, gotten the starters going, and bought the hops so I'm not gonna change anything, just wondering if anyone has any idea how these will turn out.

Brewed these up this past weekend, with mostly successful results. Came in pretty low on the efficiency with the Fuggles IPA though.

Thinking about dry hopping both. For the first one, my thoughts are to go with 1oz each of centennial, amirillo, and palisades. Should lend to a citrus/floral aroma. For the Fuggles IPA, I'm not sure. I have .25 oz of both Fuggle and Willamette left over that I will throw in there for sure, but not sure if adding another oz of Fuggles or even EKG would make or break the batch.

Those sounds like pretty solid IPAs. From my experience I always under estimate the hops. It certainly won't break the batch, just need to decide who much aroma you want. Cheers.

Latest posts

Back