Those of you using a Gormann-Rupp pump...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samuelpeter

Reaction score
What models do you have? What are your thoughts on them? Any issues? I don't think they deal with threaded in/out at all, any problem with that?

I know there are a few of you out there, and I'm sure a few of us remain that are interested in a $50 March pump alternative. Thanks in advance, all.

I'm not hooked up yet - but the specs on that $50 one that was in the gen-x aquarium pump thread is only rated to 203 degrees. I know we use a lot of stuff for other than how it was intended though.

-OCD

I also noticed that. Though there seems to be some faithful users.

In my assumption, it's a matter of being able to run 203*F through the pump all day without fail. 212*F for 20 minutes may(hopefully) be a different thing.

The guys who died from leached toxic chemicals can't very well come back and tell you about it now, can they?!?!

;)

-OCD

Though the dialogue between beerocd and I, I'm sure, has been thoroughly entertaining, I also know that there are people out there that have dealt with these pumps.

a.k.a. bump

I'm getting antsy and may end up blindly buying one. Who has an idea on connections or controlling the flow rate considering the head is only barbed on both sides.

I was going to suggest we just start PM'ing since its just us. :)
Although if we really chat it up - we can postwhore here and run our stats into the thousands. No one would know cuz apparently no one is looking at this thread.

Your follow up questions like controlling flow shouldn't be any different than the march with a ball valve after the output, and the pressure wouldn't be that high so normal hose clamps should be fine.

It's $50, worst case this is your sparge pump when you go to upgrade to the High Temp, High Powered March for your 2 pump system.

-OCD

Or just not care anymore about Chinese chemicals from Chinese chemicals.
(My stats just went up by one semi-legitimately.)

There is zero mention of them being self-priming, and with that being a selling point for pump, I think they're similar/the same in design as the March. Self-priming would be nice though.

Just hose clamp a small piece of sil. tube at the pump to a barb on the back of the ball valve?

There is zero mention of them being self-priming, and with that being a selling point for pump, I think they're similar/the same in design as the March. Self-priming would be nice though.
QUOTE]

There is specifically a do not run dry warning - so it can't be self priming.

-OCD

Back