This seems fishy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knowing precious little about yeast in general and even less about such exotic strains that fall under the topic, I confess I'm left wondering what types of saccharides can they handle - and why? Seems evident monosaccharides are in their wheel house, but wouldn't it be ironic if they are efficient at processing maltotriose which seems to evade a large proportion of "brewing yeast strains" - and then wonder why that is?

Yeah, weird. Probably best not contemplated at length...

Cheers! ;)

Knowing precious little about yeast in general and even less about such exotic strains that fall under the topic, I confess I'm left wondering what types of saccharides can they handle - and why? Seems evident monosaccharides are in their wheel house, but wouldn't it be ironic if they are efficient at processing maltotriose which seems to evade a large proportion of "brewing yeast strains" - and then wonder why that is?

Yeah, weird. Probably best not contemplated at length...

Cheers! ;)
The article title is misleading: "a gynecologist collects the vaginal smear, which is then transported to a laboratory where the lactobacillus bacteria is isolated". So no yeast (infection) 🙃

Latest posts

Back