This is what everyone here has been waitin for!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrZaius

Reaction score
My first brew pics.

Here are just a couple of crappy pics from my first couple of brews. In the first set of pics I am kegging a Pale Ale that I did. This was my very first brew. Alcohol is just about 6%. It tasted very good If I might say. I bottled only 4 bottles just to try and then I kegged the rest. i should have took more pictures of my brewing processes but I am a retard and did not think of it. I am not the biggest fan of Pale Ale's but it was an easy partial mash that I thought would be easy for my very first brew.

The second set of pics is where my heart truly lies. Porters and Stouts. This is going to be a Bourbon Porter. The recipe from the db here. This was a pretty heavy grain bill for only my second brew, 17lbs. This is also my first ALL GRAIN brew as well. This beer is very very smooth and malty. The tasting last night was amazing and I wanted to drink even more than I did. In the pics we are simply racking to the 2nd fermenter. This brew I have high expectations and i will be bottling this entire batch to further condition it. I cannot wait until this batch is finished.

I will do better pictures in the future. I have a honey Brown that I am doing tomorrow or Tuesday and I will try to pic it better to catch the brewing steps.

Talk to you guys later and hopefully we will meet up.

The guy you see in the pictures is my friend Craig. I am behind the camera.

Pale Ale
DSC07242.jpg

DSC07243.jpg

DSC07246.jpg

DSC07249.jpg

Porter
DSC07231.jpg

DSC07235.jpg

DSC07236.jpg

This actually tasted pretty decent.
DSC07238.jpg

DSC07239.jpg

DSC07241.jpg

Peace

Stop by for a cold one next time you are near Stone Mountain. :mug: I just filled a keg with some really dark stout. It was filled and force carbed a couple weeks ago and it has only been on the gas since tuesday. It is not really ready yet, but still pretty tasty. Glad to see that I am not the only one brewing dark beers in the summer.

In that pic, the krausen film/ring looks like you dragged a finger through it. Then you commented that it actually tasted pretty good. Did you actually EAT the krausen ring?

In that pic, the krausen film/ring looks like you dragged a finger through it. Then you commented that it actually tasted pretty good. Did you actually EAT the krausen ring?

I did! It was not something I am NOT looking to do more in the future, but as a new brewer I was curious what it tasted like. It did not hurt or even better, give me the runs...:)

So pretty. I am bottling my frist batch this afternoon and after seeing this, I must document it!

BTW, I really love the "Clean" sign on the dish washer. I used to use the same method.

Stop by for a cold one next time you are near Stone Mountain. :mug: I just filled a keg with some really dark stout. It was filled and force carbed a couple weeks ago and it has only been on the gas since tuesday. It is not really ready yet, but still pretty tasty. Glad to see that I am not the only one brewing dark beers in the summer.

I would love to swing by sometime but it probably won't be until October when my work schedule changes. Right now I work weekends, but I do have Mon, Tue, and Wed off if one of those days work. As far as dark brews is concerned I can brew them all year round and be happy happy happy.
:tank:

I did! It was not something I am NOT looking to do more in the future, but as a new brewer I was curious what it tasted like. It did not hurt or even better, give me the runs...:)

You sir are a brave man! I could not bring myself to do that. :)

Back