Third All-grain batch, first to dump?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qeelin

Reaction score
Ok, I've read the threads about how to never dump a beer but I think this one is the exception. I brewed an all-grain cherry wheat ale from a kit Midwest puts together. It's a straight forward simple kit that you add cherry extract to when you keg. I did everything the same as I always do when it comes to sanitation but this beer smells and tastes like dirty dish water. More specifically like an old sponge. It's been sitting in the keg for a couple months with no noticeable change. The only thing I did different this time around is I aerated the wort before pitching. I used a 2 micron stone with an air pump and an in-line filter. Could I have contaminated the wort? Will this thing ever become drinkable or should I toss it?

Thanks

I used water filtered with a 2 stage, under sink, water filter.

So what was the occasion that you first drank dirty dishwater.....:D........+1 on dumping

Somehow I knew someone would say something like that, lol. I'm thinking that the "dishwater" smell can only mean bacterial infection and unless I'm wrong, it can't be fixed.

Latest posts

Back