Thinking of building a cheap fermentation chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_ale_scale

Reaction score
I'm looking to build a chamber as cheap as I can. I recently got a fermentation heater wrap with probe and controller. What I was wondering is how can I control the cold i.e. reducing the heat? I was thinking using aquarium fans but that won't really cool the chamber. Any help or ideas? Thank you.

And yes I thumbed through the threads on here and looked at tons of threads on Google

I'm looking to build a chamber as cheap as I can. I recently got a fermentation heater wrap with probe and controller. What I was wondering is how can I control the cold i.e. reducing the heat? on

You need: "son of fermentation chamber"

(there are several versions of this on you tube)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YG4v4exhxQ[/ame]

It depends on what you are looking for. You have two main routes though, a fridge/freezer or a "son of ferm chiller".

I built a custom son of fermentation chiller due to my specific circumstances but if you have the space for a fridge/freezer setup, I would recommend that. I have been extremely happy with my chiller and it really is a viable route that you can take that offers many benefits:

- Light, small, and easy to move and store (I live in an apartment so this was important to me)
- Excellent for smaller batches (3G or less) but still works very well for bigger batches (you just need to change the ice a little more often)
- realllllly fun to build if you are into diy because it is highly customizable (I changed the layout of the traditional SOFC completely and subbed a temp controller for the thermostat)

Good luck!

WP_20151109_003.jpg

WP_20151109_005.jpg

WP_20151008_001.jpg

WP_20151109_002.jpg

Latest posts

Back