thinking about tackling a white grape peach

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

regulatedhobbyist

Reaction score
As I wrote in the title... I'm trying to figure out any improvement upon Jack Keller's white grape peach wine from concentrate. He calls for 2 cans per gallon and 1 1/4 #s sugar. If I wanted to change it up to 3 cans of concentrate, how do I calculate the sugar needed to bring up to the desired og? And would someone be willing to give me an idea about what their similar recipes are?

I make a mean white grape peach wine that seems well received from friends and other forum members. My recipe focuses on all concentrate and no sugar to help keep the body and mouthfeel up and less alcohol hot. It makes for a great young wine that is good dry or sweet.

1 gallon

(4) 11.5 oz frozen cans of Welch's white grape peach
1tbs favorite black tea leaves (I like Earl grey)
1tsp pectic enzyme
1tsp yeast nutrient
1/2 tsp yeast energizer
water to 1 gallon
Yeast (Lalvin 71b is the best yeast for this IMO)

The resulting must should have a gravity of about 1.080. When finished fermenting should be at about 11% - 11.5% ABV. Just mix it all up lack the yeast, shake it super well in the jug to aerate well. Siphon off a bit into a 12oz plastic bottle and place that in the fridge. That gives you some headroom for the initial violent fermentation. Pitch the dry yeast on top and then shake it up super well again. Let is ferment under airlock and about day 2 or 3 you can top up with what you siphoned off before. Let it go till dry. Should be no longer than a couple weeks. Place it in the fridge and let all sediments drop out. After week 3 or 4 you can bottle right off the yeast cake which is usually rock solid and easy to bottle without sucking sediment. Or rack to a new jug and add sulfites/sorbate and back sweeten to taste after about 12 hours. Then bottle in a few days once all clear again.

Latest posts

Back