Think I need a new dip tube? Pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

italarican

Reaction score
I have a leak beneath the In post of one of my kegs. I got this one used a while back and never switched out anything. I took out the dip tube, and it's a cheap looking orange plastic tube. What confuses me is that the hole for the dip tube is smaller than for my other corny keg. This cheapo dip tube actually fits inside my regular corny dip tube.

Below are pics of the tube and tighter opening of this keg. I don't know what to order since a regular corny dip tube won't fit in that hole. Like I said I got this keg used a while back.
IMG_6498.jpg
IMG_6499.jpg
IMG_6500.jpg
IMG_6501.JPG

I have one keg like that. I cut the gas tube down to ~1/2" like all my metal gas tubes. As long as the flanged section is intact there's really no need to replace the one pictured. All you really need is enough flange to seal the O-ring to the top of the threaded keg riser and provide enough "squish" to bulge the same ring outwards to seal the inside of the gas post.

Anyway, you can get replacements here, at least...

Cheers!

I have one keg like that. I cut the gas tube down to ~1/2" like all my metal gas tubes. As long as the flanged section is intact there's really no need to replace the one pictured. All you really need is enough flange to seal the O-ring to the top of the threaded keg riser and provide enough "squish" to bulge the same ring outwards to seal the inside of the gas post.

Anyway, you can get replacements here, at least...

Cheers!

Perfect, thanks! The flange rim is pretty warped looking. I'd think the O-ring could seal it, but a 3.99 piece is probably worth checking out. I don't know what'd cause the leak otherwise (have a nice new O-ring).

Latest posts

Back