Things that remind you that you're getting old...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I go to the grocery store and see the sign that reads "If you were born after today's date in 1995 you can not purchase tobacco.

This and the 4 gray hairs that I recently discovered.

Having just 4 grays would be a blessing.

I went to my buddys 43rd birthday party.Instead of a 3 foot party hero they had sandwiches on a croissant.I told my buddy"You know your gettin old when your 3 ft hero is on a croissant"

^^^!!! Exactly why does hair NOT grow on the top of my head, but it DOES GROW in my ears, nose and eyebrows??? Maybe this is the original crop rotation?

glenn514:mug:

DromJohn said:
So I'm watching the original broadcast of an early NCIS episode with my family. It's the first episode that features Donald "Ducky" Mallard. Immediately before the first commercial break:
DiNozzo: What was Ducky like when he was younger?
Gibbs: Illya Kuriakin.
[Break]

I spit out my beer with a guffaw.

And all four of my family turned to me, and one voiced their unified thought:
What's so funny?

I loved "Man from U.N.C.L.E.". Lately I've been watching old '70s shows on Netflix. I was watching the Rockford files and saw a sweet '69 Camero then it hit me. That was only a 5-6 year old car when the show was filmed. What makes me feel old is seeing things that were new and amazing being fazed out. Watching 8-tracks being over taken by cassettes and those being pushed out by CDs and those being killed off by digital down loads..... I still have a turn table and a stack of wax to play...

Im 33 at the end of the month... no excuse for me to be this bald. I'm one of the many who gave up and got my head all but Mr. Clean, and I too caught the barber using the clippers on my ears.

I tell ya, its a good thing I got married, bc I'm just not the manly real estate I once was.

Ahhh, my dear James -
I have great sympathy for your 50's...
if you're clipping them in your early 30s, your ears will probably be

images

happy birthday soon, btw

I know these things have already been mentioned, but the fivehead (soon to be sixhead) and grays in the beard are the best visual indicators. I'm only 31.
I actually kind of like the grays (bring 'em on!) and don't mind a bit of a receding hairline, but at the rate it's going now, I expect to be pretty thin in a few years. At least in front. Totally not fair as my dad and his brother both have full heads of hair, and my younger brother hasn't shown any signs of hairloss yet (though he's only 25, so maybe that will come in a few more years).
I also can't do sleep deprivation like I used to. Now when I get only 6 hours a few nights in a row, I can barely get out of bed!

I'll be 31 in a couple months. Ever since I turned 30 this whole age thing has me thinking.

I meet folks and when I find out that they are 30,31,32 I often find myself wondering if I look as old as they do.

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to spend a few hours at VT. I found myself walking around campus with a beer belly, aviator glasses, and obviously not dressed the part.

As I strolled around campus glancing at a plethora of tight young bodies that I will never get to experience every again in this life, it struck me...

I am "that guy". You know, the creepy old guy that ogles the porcelain skin beauties as they walk by.

I'll be 31 in a couple months. Ever since I turned 30 this whole age thing has me thinking.

I meet folks and when I find out that they are 30,31,32 I often find myself wondering if I look as old as they do.

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to spend a few hours at VT. I found myself walking around campus with a beer belly, aviator glasses, and obviously not dressed the part.

As I strolled around campus glancing at a plethora of tight young bodies that I will never get to experience every again in this life, it struck me...

I am "that guy". You know, the creepy old guy that ogles the porcelain skin beauties as they walk by.

I hear that man. This aging thing def works. Not to mention sucks out loud.

Reading every complaint in this thread registered by folks who start out with "I just turned 31 ..." And I just turned 52. Realistically though, I only recognize my age when I look in a mirror. The rest of the time I am 25.

Reading every complaint in this thread registered by folks who start out with "I just turned 31 ..." And I just turned 52. Realistically though, I only recognize my age when I look in a mirror. The rest of the time I am 25.

Ah yes, the mirror and also every time you reach for the little blue pill. Just kidding!

When lifting nearly full BK's & buckets of wort or beer is getting to be a bit much. Especially when you have to walk with a cane & carry it.

For the love of god man, there's one of those tight young bodies that's got daddy issues to reslove.

Help her resolve those issues. :ban:

They say the first 50 years of childhood are the hardest. :D

On the mince pies I just have to throw in this cultural tidbit. My family is from Scotland-right off the boat as they say. Anyway we had mince pie at Christmas made with raisins and currents and candied orange rind, not my favorite either but they also made these small pies more like a large deep tart and filled with minced beef or pork in a rich thick gravy with a few carrots and peas diced small included. YUM!

Sounds like a variation on a pasty.
Regards, GF.

When my lies about my age become more and more far-fetched as the years go by.

I no longer celebrate my birthday. Instead, I celebrate the ANNIVERSARY of my Twenty-Ninth Birthday! This October, therefore, I will celebrate the Thirty-Eighth Anniversary of my Twenty-Ninth Birthday.

glenn514:mug:

An hour and a half to two hour nap every day has been replaced by a T shot every two weeks, but I still have two pill cases one for morning and one for dinner time.

My dad went to a high school reunion a few years ago and came back excited that everyone but 2 were still alive. That's why I don't go to mine.

When you're going to be 57 in a month & you realize that your heyday was in the highschoolzoic era. That you're an aging hypster from the glory days of that description. When pot was 5 bucks an ounce,quarts of beer were $1.50, & a tank of gas was about 7 bucks. And when brewing beer makes more sense than making wine 'cause you're pretty sure you'll live to enjoy it.

Back