Things I need to do in the brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeybeer

Reaction score
I figured I'd start a thread about things I need to do, feel free to add your to do lists to the bottom.. I've been looking forward to all my chores but have been out of town for over a week and they're piling up !

1) Dry hop that IPA - the competition is 2 weeks away and I've got to get it on gas ASAP

2) drink as much "Yellow Bucket Light" as possible, I need that keg to move the brown ale into, to free up a fermenter, so I can BREW ! (may have to enlist my sister & her boyfriend to help with this, but the keg will probably kick as soon as they get here and they'll drink all my good stuff :)

3) Wash kegs.

4) Move brown ale into kegs, with pressure from the pressurized fermentation (It's still in the fermenter, but at least it's 34F and carbonated!)

5) Wash NeoBrittania yeast from brown ale

6) Clean fermenter

7) Measure and crush 10G SNAP IPA recipe

8) Finally BREW !!!

Thanks for the post. I have a lot of beer maintenance stuff to do...but after reading your list/rant, I feel great. Nothing like hearing what others have to do to make yourself feel better...LMAO. :tank:

dry hop my CDA
make starter with 1098 for next brew
step up starter of Bell's yeast for following brew
go to midwest supply to pick up my first kit in the All Ale of the Month Membership:ban:
brew a northern english brown
brew an IPA
brew an American Strong Ale

tough life, eh?! :mug:

1. Wait.

Have 4 batches fermenting right now, none of them are going to be ready to bottle for another 3 weeks at least.

I need to build a second fermentation chamber so I can brew. waiting 2-3 weeks between brew day isnt cutting it. Built a SOFC and love it but I just need more space!!

This thread kicked my butt into gear. Cleaned 3 kegs and kegged an american pale ale.

To do:
work on electric brewery layout
write up brew workflow to determine parts list.
Assemble jockey box.

Brewed today, kegged, and cleaned 3 kegs.

Need to: build gas manifold, mount plate chiller, get and install water filter, install all hoses, finish hoses on kegerator

1. Clean 2 Kegs.
2. Clean Lines.
3. Keg Simcoe IPA, Honey Pale Ale and Oyster Stout.
4. Brew Christmas In Belgium for a friend who is having a baby.
5. Brew 15 gallons of RIS for my wedding.

I am having a ridiculously busy week, good thing i got 3 days off :)!

Back