Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked my supervisor for my last few years of performance reviews (a few weeks ago) and she ended up giving me my full tenure. Then asked "who's hiring"? I asked why, and she said, "I may want to follow"... MY who purpose (aside from doubling my salary) of switching job was to get away from YOU (her)

Went to the men's room & saw this:

0719150811.jpg

My boss emailed me to say that nobody can hear her on her phone, so I call her and sure enough, she's barely audible.

So I go down and check the volume and it's up all the way and then I grab the handset to swap cords and I see that someone placed some tape over her mouthpiece.

Pretty good joke. I asked the young CFO about it and he didn't know about it. But he thought his brother was the culprit. I can see this kind of thing making the rounds around here.

Time to buy an Annoy-a-Tron!

Well, it is the men's room :p

I was under the impression they install themselves. I've been assembling them this way for years. Place it as shown, return at a later time and it is in the correct position.

At home at least.. I avoid public restrooms whenever possible.

Oldest son worked a couple of restaurant and said that in both cases the men's was routinely less disgusting to clean than the lady's. When pressed for details he was vague other than to say there was blood involved and in places you would not expect to find it.

As somebody who's worked retail and had to clean the bathrooms regularly, I can confirm this with disgusting details.

As somebody who's worked retail and had to clean the bathrooms regularly, I can confirm this with disgusting details.

+1

Ladies, please - don't hover above the toilet! If it looks clean, it probably is cleaned regularly.

:eek:

My boss is very anti-micromanagement and puts a lot of trust in us to self-monitor and just get done whatever work we have to do. We have one co-worker that I am now convinced literally makes service tickets up just to get onto the road and out of the office. Or at the very least he is overly willing to forego remote support when that is clearly an option that will save the client the cost of our travel (some of them are over an hour away). He is subsequently gone for the majority of the day. Then when he records his hours and work, his five-hour road trip has magically boiled down to maybe 90 minutes of on-premise billable work.

Yesterday he was supposed to accompany me to a job around noon where the extra hands would have been very helpful. At 9am he leaves the office saying "I'm headed out" and refuses to say where, nor is there anything scheduled in his calendar. 45 minutes later I get a call from him saying he's got to go to a client to address a major issue and won't be able to help me. Sure enough this morning I look at his logs and his major issue was a video card driver update and a laptop with wireless issues, even though the laptop literally never leaves its hard-wired dock.

Sorry for the long post, but I've officially had it with his BS.

My most troublesome employee came into my office asking if she could adjust her hours to be 6 am to 2. Our core testing hours are 10-2:30ish. I told her 7-3 is the earliest I am comfortable with. She questioned my decision multiple ways and said she didn't understand why if someone else was around to finish up. Then told me she would like to go over my head. Good luck fn b.

My most troublesome employee came into my office asking if she could adjust her hours to be 6 am to 2. Our core testing hours are 10-2:30ish. I told her 7-3 is the earliest I am comfortable with. She questioned my decision multiple ways and said she didn't understand why if someone else was around to finish up. Then told me she would like to go over my head. Good luck fn b.

At least she had the decency to tell you she was going above your head.

Worst case scenario: She's boning your boss and she gets everything she wants. In which case you merely refer all subsequent requests to your boss and let him explain why Suzy is different.

Best case scenario: Your boss fires her for going over your head.

Win/Win either way...

Thats nasty. (In family guy cleveland voice). No chance of boning. Just stupid. Came in today and complained b/c she overheard her coworker say to someone else that she was told to receive our samples b/c she wasn't doing anything. Which may have been true. I swear I'm head babysitter.

I have 2 "in-boxes" to drop off mail & paperwork at my office. One is outside my door, in case it is closed, the other is on my desk. There is one guy in my office who insists on walking into my office every time he has something for me, be it mail or a fax, and standing there holding it out in front of me until I take it. If I am holding my phone or don't acknowledge him, he literally puts it right in front of me, sometimes on top of something else I am looking at.

I have 2 "in-boxes" to drop off mail & paperwork at my office. One is outside my door, in case it is closed, the other is on my desk. There is one guy in my office who insists on walking into my office every time he has something for me, be it mail or a fax, and standing there holding it out in front of me until I take it. If I am holding my phone or don't acknowledge him, he literally puts it right in front of me, sometimes on top of something else I am looking at.
I had an engineer that would do that to me - no matter what I was working on, he'd bring in his redline drawings and set them on top of my pile, or worse, on top of my keyboard. After the first several instances, I'd pick it up, look him dead in the eyes, and put it at the bottom of my pile of drawings.

He couldn't understand why I would drop whatever I was doing to help my boss out with a job, and put anything and everything I could in front of one of his jobs. He even asked my boss about it one day, how he could work with me. Boss replied, "Because I treat him like he works WITH me, not FOR me." Dude never got it.

One of my coworkers, an older lady, is walking around the office singing the Oscar Meyer Wiener song. I've no idea why. But it is highly out of character for her, and highly annoying.

I suspect drugs.

I was the annoying one today (and every other day!). I was singing along to the first four Give 'Em the Boot comps, the first two Punk-O-Rama comps, and a street punk comp. sometimes it's reggae, ska, Hank III, Wayne Hancock, Six Feet Under, or Acid Bath. I like to diversify my days to confuse the people around me. going from Acid Bath to Bad Manners is fun!

One of my sometimes-coworkers likes to sing along to the radio, but it seems he only knows the last word out of every 2 or 3 lines.

Even then he doesn't always get them right.

:cross:

The guy that comes into the office and takes a cup of coffee before it is finished brewing-usually when the pot is about a third full-and ruins the rest of the pot of coffee.

I was the annoying one today (and every other day!). I was singing along to the first four Give 'Em the Boot comps, the first two Punk-O-Rama comps, and a street punk comp. sometimes it's reggae, ska, Hank III, Wayne Hancock, Six Feet Under, or Acid Bath. I like to diversify my days to confuse the people around me. going from Acid Bath to Bad Manners is fun!

Punk-O-Rama 3 & 4 were great.

The guy that comes into the office and takes a cup of coffee before it is finished brewing-usually when the pot is about a third full-and ruins the rest of the pot of coffee.

yeah, that would be me, because it's the best part of the pot

full disclosure: I'm the only one drinking the coffee

Video review of you sinking a cellared Mikes Raspberry and singing Code Blue. Do it.

I am the guy that fills a coffee cup when the machine starts then puts the pot in place.

I am the guy that fills a coffee cup when the machine starts then puts the pot in place.

I do that too. I call it first runnings.

I used to work with lady that liked to put half a pack of coffee in the machine with the regular amount of water. Ugh. Not only do you have terrible coffee, you also have these little folded over half packs of coffee that gather in a drawer.

I'd kick you all out of the office. When I make a pot of coffee, I plan on every cup tasting the same, not the first cup strong and the rest watered down. When you take the "first runnings" you are messing with the order of the universe.

I'd kick you all out of the office. When I make a pot of coffee, I plan on every cup tasting the same, not the first cup strong and the rest watered down. When you take the "first runnings" you are messing with the order of the universe.

Furreal. I just yelled at a dude for that.

At my office, some toolbag took an entire stick of my butter. I used it on Monday to butter some toast and set it on my carton of eggs in the fridge. Yesterday, gone. Like nothing in the garbage either. Why go to the store when you can just steal from your coworkers? Someone is gonna get a throat punch.:mad:

Well, I'm usually so twitchy after the first runnings I can't taste the rest of the pot. Plus I hate my coworkers so eff em. There wouldn't be coffee if I didn't make it. :cheers:

My boss asked me to design a form and a system for capturing new client information in one place. I did it, I submitted it, it was accepted, and worked beautifully while I was running it. He refuses to use the system correctly and taught our new employee how to use it wrong, and now I am expected to go back and fix a year of mistakes because he constantly changes his mind about how he wants the information presented.

I hate him with a burning fire.

Back