Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meetings...stupid, pointless meetings to make someone feel important for an hour.

Same goes for anything "team building" related. Kill. Me. Now. And. Fast.

Yeah, but the flipside of your photo is the issues that have 50 emails going back and forth arguing about something in a group for an entire day, and nobody has the balls to call a meeting to actually sit down and hash it out.

It seems people these days are terrified to pick up the phone or actually see someone in a conference room, so they half-answer questions on email instead.

Yeah, but the flipside of your photo is the issues that have 50 emails going back and forth arguing about something in a group for an entire day, and nobody has the balls to call a meeting to actually sit down and hash it out.

It seems people these days are terrified to pick up the phone or actually see someone in a conference room, so they half-answer questions on email instead.

I feel ya, but our clients are self-employed, rich, private "developers." They love meetings; it gives them something to do and somewhere to go.

Productive and necessary meetings? Sure.

Nice lady next to me has been doing this job since I thought girls were "icky" and yet asks me how to do this that or the other thing CONSTANTLY all day long (when she isnt making eating noises). When she asked if something she was working on was "going to be be in her in internet" I had no idea how to answer... what does that even mean?

Fortunately the coworker in question sits on the other side of the office from me, but I can still hear him:

1) constantly making personal calls to his "roommate." For some reason he shares with everyone that he and his wife don't get along anymore or even live in the same state, but are still married. He refers to the girl he is currently with and living with as his roommate. He will call her to tell her to take medicine, or advise her that she needs to get a colonoscopy before her health insurance runs out. Oh, and constantly arguing with her about what her boss should or shouldn't be telling her to do at work.

2) streaming political tv shows using the company's internet and either laughing loudly or bursting out randomly with phrases like "OH YEAH RIGHT!"

He is a consultant that should be gone in a couple weeks at least.

We were instructed to change out letterhead and email signature.
I took care of all the letter head for the entire office.
I changed my email signature, no problem.
My coworker who complains that everyone he deals with is an "idiot"
took near 30 minutes, grumbling and trying to change his outlook signature.
Complaining that it looked like hell and the "stupid computer" made it way too difficult!

(it was not a computer issues, more of a user issue)

Nice lady next to me has been doing this job since I thought girls were "icky" and yet asks me how to do this that or the other thing CONSTANTLY all day long (when she isnt making eating noises). When she asked if something she was working on was "going to be be in her in internet" I had no idea how to answer... what does that even mean?

my MIL thinks there is a psychic bond between a person and their computer and between the computer and their internet.my in-laws got a new Dell and she created a new FB because she couldn't suss the username/password ideology involved. she claimed that FB didn't know it was her yet since she got a new computer.:pipe:

and I constantly have to tell guys that have been welding almost as long as I've been alive how to weld certain things in certain areas that are no different than the things they have been welding for decades.:smack:

My coworker has done nothing all day but surf CNN and bark out headlines.

I am a program admin, as is he. We have our work come from field staff, so things can slow down.
I have spent my time (when not on this sight lol) revamping material for our website, revising and updating our training material and publication material.
He just sits there yawning loudly.
And management does not want to spend the time or effort to go through the process of removing him!
:drunk:

This is the norm at my employer. Someone hires a ******, they obviously suck and or are worthless, but not hazardous. Easier to leave them be and let everyone else take the slack. What's great is, in my current department they are hiring (completely new positions) people under the ******'s to actually do the job.

When my coworker microwaves his leftover fish at 8:15 in the morning and stinks up the whole office.

When my coworker microwaves his leftover fish at 8:15 in the morning and stinks up the whole office.

Years ago we had a women cook a Lean Cuisine in the science oven for 30 minutes.
She accidentally hit an extra zero on her 3min and walked way.
She was a dingbat to begin with so she did not comeback until 15 min into the cook, at which time it had exploded and covered the science oven in grease. She refused to clean it up because she was convinced it was not her fault.

It funny when you work in a professional environment and you have to have managers & directors dictate that someone clean up after themselves.

This is the norm at my employer. Someone hires a ******, they obviously suck and or are worthless, but not hazardous. Easier to leave them be and let everyone else take the slack. What's great is, in my current department they are hiring (completely new positions) people under the ******'s to actually do the job.

How does one obtain a "******" position? I might need to know how to get such a position when I'm old & decrepit.
Regards, GF. :D

I work with folks that grew up in small towns. When something happens they don't actually witness, they create an entire hypothetical situation surrounding the event. It is usually completely wrong, involves the wrong people, and is more often than not laughable. Since 90% of them know each other they pass these stories around like the absolute truth.

A few of us "outsiders" have caught on and now have a BS pool. We bet on how long, considering a given injection point, the BS story will take to become plant truth. Ocassionally it's under the 2 day mark, which is amazing considering we work 4-day shifts.

Personally, I turn shifts with this guy who is retiring soon. I honestly like the guy, but he has one very annoying trait. He finishes my sentences incorrectly. I've known sentence finishers, I can handle that. When he's wrong it's so awkward to have to correct him, for flarging up what I was about to say.

I work with folks that grew up in small towns. When something happens they don't actually witness, they create an entire hypothetical situation surrounding the event. It is usually completely wrong, involves the wrong people, and is more often than not laughable. Since 90% of them know each other they pass these stories around like the absolute truth.

A few of us "outsiders" have caught on and now have a BS pool. We bet on how long, considering a given injection point, the BS story will take to become plant truth. Ocassionally it's under the 2 day mark, which is amazing considering we work 4-day shifts.

Personally, I turn shifts with this guy who is retiring soon. I honestly like the guy, but he has one very annoying trait. He finishes my sentences incorrectly. I've known sentence finishers, I can handle that. When he's wrong it's so awkward to have to correct him, for flarging up what I was about to say.

I find it so hard not to finish certain people's sentences. I'm not a "sentence finisher" but if someone is rambling on and talking really slow, it is like I have an itch in my shoe...I need to make it stop.

When something happens they don't actually witness, they create an entire hypothetical situation surrounding the event. It is usually completely wrong, involves the wrong people, and is more often than not laughable. Since 90% of them know each other they pass these stories around like the absolute truth.

I get that kind of crap all the time. One of our office gremlins found out that one of our new-hires had spent some time in the pen. So what, big deal; we work in the restaurant industry, and at least half our kitchen staff has a record. We don't care as long as they come to work sober and don't stab anyone while they're there.

Somehow she extrapolated from that mere fact that the guy was a pedophile, liked to prey on teenage girls, etc., and began spreading this rumor because she was "concerned for the safety of our underage employees". Besides, he was "totally creepy looking".

Even when I looked him up in the Sex Offender registry and came up with nothing, she was not convinced. Finally took a call to his parole officer to get her to shut up. Turned out it was just a possession charge or something minor like that. We've got a ton of those guys. Whatever.

She should've been fired for that one....

Dab some of this
http://www.basspro.com/Tinks-10-Skunk-Scent/product/1109100501061/
on a cotton ball & tuck it into the air vents on his car.
Regards, GF.
The air intakes for your air conditioner/heater are along the front edge of the windshield, below the wipers.

Just sayin'

(Back in HS, we once TP'd a friend of mine's car about this time of year. TP, fake snow on the side windows, twisted oreos in half, licked the stuffing and stuck to the windshield - it freezes, and you have to use an ice scraper to get the frosting off - and a buddy drizzled maple syrup over the windshield as well. The syrup ran down into the air intakes before it froze, and her car smelled like maple syrup for MONTHS.)

The air intakes for your air conditioner/heater are along the front edge of the windshield, below the wipers.

Just sayin'

(Back in HS, we once TP'd a friend of mine's car about this time of year. TP, fake snow on the side windows, twisted oreos in half, licked the stuffing and stuck to the windshield - it freezes, and you have to use an ice scraper to get the frosting off - and a buddy drizzled maple syrup over the windshield as well. The syrup ran down into the air intakes before it froze, and her car smelled like maple syrup for MONTHS.)

A single anchovy on the air intake, for similar results. Mayonnaise under the door handle. Vaseline on the wiper blades is awesome if you live in a dry climate...really a slow burn prank in TX in the summer. Vehicular pranking was something of a specialty in my town. If you left your car unlocked, you were starting your car to everything on full blast pretty often. If you drove a Jeep, forget about it, it might not start until you reconnect the distributor.

How does one obtain a "******" position? I might need to know how to get such a position when I'm old & decrepit.
Regards, GF. :D

A lot of arse kissing, taking credit for things you have no claim to just becuase you were first to the boss, shouting out orders to people you have no business supervising because they are your peers....

I find it so hard not to finish certain people's sentences. I'm not a "sentence finisher" but if someone is rambling on and talking really slow, it is like I have an itch in my shoe...I need to make it stop.

Like I said, I'm great with it when it speeds up the conversation. He's just to stupid to actually understand what anyone is getting at before they get there.

A single anchovy on the air intake, for similar results. Mayonnaise under the door handle. Vaseline on the wiper blades is awesome if you live in a dry climate...really a slow burn prank in TX in the summer. Vehicular pranking was something of a specialty in my town. If you left your car unlocked, you were starting your car to everything on full blast pretty often. If you drove a Jeep, forget about it, it might not start until you reconnect the distributor.

I grew up in the burbs where no one locked their door at night.
Many a person started the day with everything on full blast.

When I was unable to get in a car and needed revenge, I would pour a bottle of patchouli (which for those of you non-hippies is a smelly oil) into the air intake, right by the wipers.

I am glad no one ever found out it was me!

I grew up in the burbs where no one locked their door at night.
Many a person started the day with everything on full blast.

When I was unable to get in a car and needed revenge, I would pour a bottle of patchouli (which for those of you non-hippies is a smelly oil) into the air intake, right by the wipers.

I am glad no one ever found out it was me!

We went camping once in highschool (not work related) and one of the guys (a macho type that was a friend of a friend and no one else liked him much) got wasted and ended up pissing inside the tent and all over our food. So my mate gets on top of his car bonnet and pisses in the air vents - I was so glad I had my own car to get home!

Back to annoying co-workers...

Putting dirty filth covered dishes directly into the drain rack full of squeaky clean ones. What the hell?

The crazy crapper. For over a year, someone was crapping in crazy places. There'd be a pile of crap in the middle of a floor in a pump station or some other out building. Maybe on a stair step. EE would go to service an AC unit on a roof and find a pile or two of poop. On top of a cable tray. An air handler run. On top of a large pipe. Just anywhere. Usually some place conspicuous, but sometimes an out of the way place where it wasn't found until long after the crazy crapping stopped.

At first, people blamed night shift. They had the best opportunity. Later on, we figured it was tall Mike. There hasn't been a crazy crap since he left, and he was a floccing weirdo.

Now we just have wicked whizzers. Look, everybody has peed down a floor drain or into a basin or tank of some kind. It's sewage anyway. I once crapped in a garbage can because I had an attack of the bubble guts and didn't think I'd make it back to Control, but damn, I took out the trash immediately. Whoever is peeing all over the place is peeing all over the place. It's nasty. I blame night shift.

A lot of arse kissing, taking credit for things you have no claim to just becuase you were first to the boss, shouting out orders to people you have no business supervising because they are your peers....

Figues; I can't do any of those things. I'm not even qualified to be a ******. Think I'll go pout now. :D
Regards, GF.

I took a personal day on Friday to recuperate and recharge. Of course I come back buried, nobody did anything while I was gone.

I don't have coworkers, so I let my customers annoy me

customer: I'm trying to run a report . I'm trying to find those with a status of "Active" who live in Missouri. The filter I'm using says "Include Status Equals Active" OR "Include State Equals MO." it's not working

me: were you one of those students who complained you would never use whatever math was being taught, once you were out of high school?

I work at a chemical plant. Basically everything is more flammable than gas. On top of the hydrogen and acetylene reactions that are run. Anywho, had a guy decide that walking outside the fence to smoke was really far. So he decided that the roof would be the place to smoke. The roof where all the relief devices that would vent hot flammable explosive gases. They installed some camera's and he was promptly fired.

I work at a chemical plant. Basically everything is more flammable than gas. On top of the hydrogen and acetylene reactions that are run. Anywho, had a guy decide that walking outside the fence to smoke was really far. So he decided that the roof would be the place to smoke. The roof where all the relief devices that would vent hot flammable explosive gases. They installed some camera's and he was promptly fired.

there was a roustabout (green hand) in NE Wyoming thought the work truck would be a safe place to smoke on location. there was just enough methane in the cab to create an explosive atmosphere. I believe he lived, but I can't recall.

Did the customer reply: What's maths hot to do with it?

foundational system of mathematics called Set Theory

she's looking for the intersection of two groups

A = Active Status
B = Live in Missouri.

she wants people who are A AND B, she was using a filter that was A OR B

Kiwi schools not teach this stuff?

here's something that might blow your mind: when you count money, you're using ALGEBRA

I wished I had paid more attention in highschool, I ended up graduating highschool and coasting through college with a 10th grade math educations.
Now I spend all day making formulas for spreadsheets. I figure it all out and I get through the day, I just wish I had learned it the first time.

I have an office mate, who declares any project I undertake to be pointless and a waste of time. I guess reading CNN is far better use of our time than trying to determine our customer base statewide?

Never understood the venting to the roof approach. A company within my company's complex uses benzene and used to have fires on the roof all the time. Good thing nobody was there smoking.

When the engineers get yelled at by the chief engineer so bad that they get angry and come to me, violently requesting drawings or changes to drawings that they originally messed up. It is like they are trying to take it out on me, but there is nothing to take out on me. They just kind of ask, in an extremely angry tone.

I get a lot of laughs on the inside, then just slip it to the bottom of the pile.

A = Active Status
B = Live in Missouri.

here's something that might blow your mind: when you count money, you're using ALGEBRA

I hate when people say, in a snarky way, "hell, how often do you use the math you learned in school?"

My answer is, "between 50-100 times a day, depending on what I'm doing".

We learned "the math we learned in school" so that a few of us could go on to be pros in science and technology fields. If we hadn't learned it, none of us would have been eligible to go into those fields.

In other words, all that crazy math gave us options.

there was a roustabout (green hand) in NE Wyoming thought the work truck would be a safe place to smoke on location. there was just enough methane in the cab to create an explosive atmosphere. I believe he lived, but I can't recall.

Luckily I've never been injured touching off methane with cutting/welding slag but created some excitement from time to time before all of those safety rules were implemented.

A = Active Status
B = Live in Missouri.

Did they teach reading comprehension in U.S. schools? (don't retaliate with my poor spelling in the original post) :D - smiley face to show I'm joking
I was just meaning to a lot of people maths = numbers, and that is frustrating (as you pointed out)!
We learned "the math we learned in school" so that a few of us could go on to be pros in science and technology fields. If we hadn't learned it, none of us would have been eligible to go into those fields.

In other words, all that crazy math gave us options.

We also were taught it so we can all be functioning members of society and do stuff like pay our bills, keep score in a game, tell the time and organise things

Back