Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not sensitive to this but-
How about coworkers who douse themselves w perfume/cologne?
I have a coworker who, upon entry of the building, I can immediately smell if they’re in office. It’s not a bad smell, just heavy perfume.

Again, I don’t mind but I can see how others would be offended.

I work from home, the company is just me & the boss owner, so no co-workers, I post about my annoying customers.

customer: thank you for helping with that!
me: you're welcome

customer: ok, have a good day
me (thinking): SAY GOODBYE!
me (out loud): you too

customer: seeya
me (out loud): yes, seeya

customer: thanks again
me (out loud): you're welcome

customer: OK
me (out loud): OK

repeat

I work from home, the company is just me & the boss owner, so no co-workers, I post about my annoying customers.

customer: thank you for helping with that!
me: you're welcome

customer: ok, have a good day
me (out loud): you too

customer: seeya
me (out loud): yes, seeya

customer: thanks again
me (out loud): you're welcome

customer: OK
me (out loud): OK

repeat

no lie, the first music albums I bought with my own money were Jackson 5.

newly released J5 records.

my very first:

1698506332858.png

IT guy, recommending our customer upgrade his quickbooks: "no 5 year old program will work & no company will support it after 5 years."

me: yeah... ours does. we do.

IT guy, recommending our customer upgrade his quickbooks: "no 5 year old program will work & no company will support it after 5 years."

me: yeah... ours does. we do.
Pfsh.
5 years is nothing. As a former IT guy, I spent the majority of my career constantly trying to figure how to make newer OSs keep the "NeverCanItBeUnDoneNorChanged" programs running. Had to keep an old AT PC for the EISA bus cuz they wouldn't take the time (or $) to upgrade controllers on the mixing floor.
5 years.
Make me laugh.

Have a co-worker, who works in another office upstairs, but is down in my office 10 times a day. Each time, she smells like she just smoked a pack of cigarettes and doused herself in the cheapest perfume the Dollar Store sells to cover the cigarette smell. It does not work. But that's not even the worst part. She's a human vampire, she sucks you in to everything. She will come down with say an invoice that our office has to pay, then ask how your weekend was. I usually respond in one word answers without looking at her...but if I answer that with "good"....she then decides that she needs to tell me about her weekend, what her kids, who are grown ass adults now, did this weekend, what TV shows she watched, what she's doing for lunch...and twenty minutes later when she finally gets the F out of my office, you are left there dazed and confused and hacking up her smell. My old boss had a name for it, it's called "getting Nanced" with Nanced being a play on her name. She traveled to Europe once, for the first time in her life, when her daughter did a semester overseas....so now when anyone is going anywhere in Europe, she acts like she's freaking Rick Steves writing a travel book. Just went to Germany for Oktoberfest and she's telling me about turning dollars into Euros...no **** Sherlock. Latest is now she is a NYC pizza expert because she went to NYC for a weekend and probably ate at a freaking Sbarro's in Time Square. Hello, you're talking to someone who grew up in New Haven, CT, the pizza capital of the US...don't be telling me about pizza!

My old boss had a name for it, it's called "getting Nanced" with Nanced being a play on her name.

My sister-in-law has tennis girlfriends who have coined a term about what happens with her. They call it "getting <ourlastname>'d".

Essentially if you end up at my SIL's house after tennis, chances are about 6 hours later you're calling your husband to pick you up because you're no longer capable of driving a car or operating heavy machinery. The sauvignon blanc be flowin' over there...

That said, sounds a lot more entertaining than "getting Nanced".

Colin Robinson. Energy Vampire

1699392999987.png

Have a co-worker, who works in another office upstairs, but is down in my office 10 times a day. Each time, she smells like she just smoked a pack of cigarettes and doused herself in the cheapest perfume the Dollar Store sells to cover the cigarette smell. It does not work. But that's not even the worst part. She's a human vampire, she sucks you in to everything. She will come down with say an invoice that our office has to pay, then ask how your weekend was. I usually respond in one word answers without looking at her...but if I answer that with "good"....she then decides that she needs to tell me about her weekend, what her kids, who are grown ass adults now, did this weekend, what TV shows she watched, what she's doing for lunch...and twenty minutes later when she finally gets the F out of my office, you are left there dazed and confused and hacking up her smell. My old boss had a name for it, it's called "getting Nanced" with Nanced being a play on her name. She traveled to Europe once, for the first time in her life, when her daughter did a semester overseas....so now when anyone is going anywhere in Europe, she acts like she's freaking Rick Steves writing a travel book. Just went to Germany for Oktoberfest and she's telling me about turning dollars into Euros...no **** Sherlock. Latest is now she is a NYC pizza expert because she went to NYC for a weekend and probably ate at a freaking Sbarro's in Time Square. Hello, you're talking to someone who grew up in New Haven, CT, the pizza capital of the US...don't be telling me about pizza!

In the 90s I worked with a gal that liked to wear her clothes tight. Like 5lbs of toothpaste crammed into an 8oz tube tight. Each button on her blouse was accompanied by a series of stretch wrinkles so alarming that we took to putting on our sunglasses when she came around because the joke was you needed eye protection in case she popped one.

As an essential federal government employee who will be working, including overtime, without pay in a few days it's very annoying that what you could call my distant fellow coworkers will be involved in a pissing match while still receiving their pay.

In the 90s I worked with a gal that liked to wear her clothes tight. Like 5lbs of toothpaste crammed into an 8oz tube tight. Each button on her blouse was accompanied by a series of stretch wrinkles so alarming that we took to putting on our sunglasses when she came around because the joke was you needed eye protection in case she popped one.
All good fun until someone loses an eye?

All good fun until someone loses an eye?
Yeah. It was considered a workplace hazard. I guess she could have been considered hot in a rope swing kind of way. The annoying part was just being embarrassed for someone who needed to outgrow more than just her clothes

Last edited:
Back