Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of those icy piles ripped my bumper off

Too bad there aren't lines on the ground to help in defining the proper space required for parking and opening one's door. Then all one should have to do is park in middle of one of these marked spots (not on the line or askew in the spot), and everyone could live in an orderly manner.
On a side note, I personally find it quite amusing when snow is on the lot and line are covered-oh the chaos. Better yet is after the lot is cleared and the one set get a pile on the one side and then some person will try to park on it... sometimes it works out ok, some times the vehicle sinks into the pile.

I love the hidden guard posts, covered in snow piles, silently waiting for the selfish parkers who know one should not park where the signs say don't park, and quietly lure them in, chum in the parking waters to the predatory selfish parkers circling their elusive prey, and then as Mr Expensive Car Who Can't Be Bothered To Walk Too Far SWOOPS IN FOR THE KILL...and **CRUNCH**

It's hard to capture, like lightning pictures on film, but the satisfaction is orgasmic.

One of those icy piles ripped my bumper off
Sorry to hear about that one. Those one's at the end of every spot can suck.

I was referring more to the ones that may encroach on the lateral side of a spot. At our facility one guy (a real a$$) thought that his 4 wheel drive was meaner than old man winter and backed into a spot with the 2 passenger tires up on the pile. When he came out after his shift he found the the tires sank 1/3 to 1/2 way into it and the temperature dropped turning the slushy pile into ice.

Rather than pay for a wrecker to pull him out he let it sit for a week until it melted enough to drive out.

...also, hopefully, you don't have to take your kids out a couple times a day so they don't poop on your carpets.
Funny if it wasn't true.
2.5 kids still in diapers. The .5 is the one that is potty training now. For the past week we have been setting a timer to run him in to the bathroom to avoid such incidents but those things will occur.

I'm about to make some enemies.

I always roll my eyes when I hear coworkers say "I don't have any kids. My dogs are my kids!"

No. You are not going to pay a fortune to send your dog to college, and I'm not going to have my kid put down if he gets sick.

tenor.png

/We don't have kids, but we don't talk about it to coworkers.
//None of their damn business, anyway.
///Got work to do.

we're sold, and shutting down the oracle databases in January, been in process since October announcement

today, at about T-minus 10 days, get the emails -- "where are you storing the data so we can go back if we need to?"

The, um, database is go bye-bye. There is no storage without it, it ceases to exist, it's shuffling off this mortal coil, joining the bleedin choir eternal, pushin up daisies, bereft of life

"Yeah, haha, monty python, but seriously, where can I go to get it?"

<Blink> <Blink>

So how did the shutdown go?

There's got to be a good story about someone who was given months of notice and many warnings being surprised when it was gone...

So how did the shutdown go?

There's got to be a good story about someone who was given months of notice and many warnings being surprised when it was gone...

Did get a couple HR questions, but I'd saved several tables on a sql server because I knew these folks so well.

I am sure in the greater spectacle of life in this universe, my foresight and planning are being well-appreciated, but not by the idjits I used to work for.

I always roll my eyes when I hear coworkers say "I don't have any kids. My dogs are my kids!"

No. You are not going to pay a fortune to send your dog to college, and I'm not going to have my kid put down if he gets sick.

I have 4 kids... Three human, one furry. Guess which one is the favorite lol 😂

My new job (3 months in) is wonderful, love what I do and my coworkers (all three of them) are amazing; however there are some quirks that annoy me. My boss, a great guy, has his office around the corner from mine; not much stuff in our office so every sound echoes. He's constantly telling me things I need to know but all I hear is the adult sounds from Peanuts (squawk squawk squawk). He knows he does it and I can kid him about it. My other co-worker (a lady about my age) however, is something else. She's very nice, works her tail off, but she's one of those people that has home issues (in this case, her husband's kids moved back in and are lazy, no-good, messy, etc), and every day I have to hear the new things they did that irritate her. I've asked why she doesn't just tell them to shape up or ship out, but she ALSO has issues with her husband and she's afraid of what might happen if she yells at "his" kids. Annoys the hell out of me. Cannot stand martyrs no matter the situation.

Lazy co workers really chap my keister, ones that ask you to cover for them regularly, ones that are late, ones that call in sick often, ones that complain, ones that dont put any effort and love money but hate working those kinds

Lazy co workers really chap my keister, ones that ask you to cover for them regularly, ones that are late, ones that call in sick often, ones that complain, ones that dont put any effort and love money but hate working those kinds

wait. the only reason i clicked this thread was to say that..

especialy the calling in sick...but i'm a light hearted person most of the time, so i laugh to myself..think about how i must be SOOO blessed to be the healthiest man alive, and i only let them call ME in on my days off enough to where i can say 'NO' i'm drinking....and i swear in the fight, it comes in waves!

why would i pay a fortune to pay for my imaginary kid to go to college? it's free...
My dog isn't my child or anything, but she is my favourite :D

As for co-workers annoying me, i've got a new trainee that likes to hover right behind me when he needs to ask something instead of just approaching from the front and opening his freaking mouth...he's gonna get an elbow in his ribs if he does it one more time...

spent 40 minutes trying to get a customer's email going thru our app, couldn't figure it out. boss pointed out my brain fart, so I went & corrected it.

tested by sending a support request to our support email account & received it. then we sent the email the customer originally couldn't send & it did send.

bounced right back "no such user"

trying to connect remotely to customer. she gives me the Teamviewer id.

i put it in -> "your partner does not have teamviewer running"

I confirm. 2x. 3x. 4x

then she says, "there's a 1 in front, does that matter?"

trying to connect remotely to customer. she gives me the Teamviewer id.

i put it in -> "your partner does not have teamviewer running"

I confirm. 2x. 3x. 4x

then she says, "there's a 1 in front, does that matter?"
She must've not seen it well; maybe it was Unicode instead of ASCII.

I don't have co-workers, but I have plenty of IT people out there who annoy me

just now... my customer's IT guy, recommending my customer upgrade his quickbooks: "no 5 year old program will work & no company will support it after 5 years.

me: yeah... ours does. we do.

fire your IT

People who feel they need the messaging app (pick one) to chime every time a new message arrives, even while they are actively messaging with the app. At least turn the volume down!

just about any noise other peoples' phones make annoys me

turn it down/off, or get headphones/earbuds.

the rest of us don't want to hear your ****

I have the sound of an actual warship sonar (it ain't the weak anemic 'ping' you hear in movies. I'd recommend a volume check before you even try that link) on my phone, blast it at opportune times. "annoying, isn't it?"

Reply All’ers. I don’t need 17 emails responding to an effin birthday?

Or when someone forwards you a chain email without any context,
just a “see below”.
LOL! I've spent all morning deleting replies to an email which informed us that since the banks are closed Friday, we will be getting paper checks instead of direct deposit this week.

Just had one of our newly hired cashiers have a meltdown in the breakroom after their shift because they didnt think they would have to deal with the pressures of handling money. I think I just stared at them incredulously for 5 minutes before suggesting this is not the right job for them. And then on the flip side there are people who've worked her as long as I have yet refuse to learn where things are so they dont have to help the customer to the products. I hate laziness, or lack of ambition.

Just had one of our newly hired cashiers have a meltdown in the breakroom after their shift because they didnt think they would have to deal with the pressures of handling money. I think I just stared at them incredulously for 5 minutes before suggesting this is not the right job for them. And then on the flip side there are people who've worked her as long as I have yet refuse to learn where things are so they dont have to help the customer to the products. I hate laziness, or lack of ambition.
Aren't those the same people who expect more pay, while also not having to deal with adversity or any type of responsibility?

I just started a new job back in June. Team of 5, 4 of which have been hired in 2022. All within the same 3 month time period. Myself and dept head are remote. Longest tenured team member has been there for 1.5 years.

He is ALWAYS finding a way to tell everybody in every damn interaction (MS Teams, Meetings, Email, etc.) that he is sooo busy, and is struggling to get stuff done.

Then I visit HQ for a week, and see that his incessant need to be a social butterfly along with accompanying his technician on every damn offsite visit (there are 5 buildings all within 10 minutes of each other) are what contribute to his being busy all the time.

Yes..you may be busy. But you sure as 💩 are not productive and that annoys the <adjective> out of me.

Just had one of our newly hired cashiers have a meltdown in the breakroom after their shift because they didnt think they would have to deal with the pressures of handling money.
And they probably can't count back change based on the amount tendered either... :(

I've been thru that a few times... I will ask, 'you have someone you can escalate to right?'

the error all users at one customer's office are getting on all pcs trying to change any info in either of our programs says "disk full"
(disks fill up. it happens, but when I look there's >80 Gigabytes available. time to use the ol' noodle)

customer: our IT company added a user, the problems started after that

me: yeah... your IT guy changed permissions to our program to READ ONLY

**Fast Forward 1 hour**

customer's IT guy: yeah, they're fixed

me (already knowing the answer): what was the issue?

IT Idiot: oh, I don't know. my colleague worked on it

me: yeah. right.

I don't know where else to put this:

me to the CHAT idiot at verizon, thru their website: my wifi is down, & I can't access router, but I still have wired internet access.

idiot at Verizon: can you access the internet?

me: what the **** did I just say, to you, right now, thru the chat window on your website?

it doesn't get better from there

CHAT idiot at verizon: While I am troubleshooting here I can see an option to lower down your bill.

Me: I'm considering options to lower my bill to exactly $ZERO

&
CHAT idiot at verizon: "so sorry this is happening, let me help you resolve this problem"

me: shut the **** up with that blowing smoke up my ass ****. if it ain't a troubleshooting question or isn't helpful to fix my problem, shut the **** up about it

CHAT idiot at verizon: "sorry you feel that way"

oh, for ****s sake, just stop

Latest posts

Back