Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1) fish in the microwave

2) sitting by the bathroom with paper thin walls

3) sick co worker that turns a fan on blowing over him and right on me

4) angry people, all the time how can you be pissed off 100% of the time it's annoying

1) fish in the microwave

2) sitting by the bathroom with paper thin walls

3) sick co worker that turns a fan on blowing over him and right on me

4) angry people, all the time how can you be pissed off 100% of the time it's annoying

1. I have a guy that does broccoli, shrimp, fish, Apple cider vinegar, you name it. Anything that smells horrible.

4. That's why Metallica isn't big anymore. You can only be pissed for so long.

4. That's why Metallica isn't big anymore. You can only be pissed for so long.

This is my point with Eminem. Mofo, fabric that costs less than $150 hasnt touched your balls for 10 years now... what in the name of all things pink and gently boinkable are you mad at now??

This is my point with Eminem. Mofo, fabric that costs less than $150 hasnt touched your balls for 10 years now... what in the name of all things pink and gently boinkable are you mad at now??

Hahaha. That's great. I don't understand it. I'd make all my money, then tell the world they could eat a dick, and buy an island somewhere.

we've heard that one in our shop. I told my boss, "No, we just want them to work at night."

Boom!

And yes.

Oh. We had a pump shutdown.
Oh. Poor babies. We shutdown the whole plant, and brought it back up.

But we have the grab.
But we had the grab for over 10 years, and we had to do it twice. Once for us, and then again at the lab.

We don't get the lunch truck and all the special goodies like yall do.
Mofo, I can see by the garbage can, all the sauce packs around here, and the increasing size of your control room operator, that yall are quite well fed.

But we work nights.
Well. Kind of. When all of you show up. And show up is about all yall do.

Still though, I don't want that shift.

Boom!

And yes.

Oh. We had a pump shutdown.

Oh. Poor babies. We shutdown the whole plant, and brought it back up.

But we have the grab.

But we had the grab for over 10 years, and we had to do it twice. Once for us, and then again at the lab.

We don't get the lunch truck and all the special goodies like yall do.

Mofo, I can see by the garbage can, all the sauce packs around here, and the increasing size of your control room operator, that yall are quite well fed.

But we work nights.

Well. Kind of. When all of you show up. And show up is about all yall do.

Still though, I don't want that shift.

What kind of plant do you work at?

Im in an office setting, in my department there are 6 positions like mine and a manager. 1 person out of these 7 total had today scheduled off. There are 2 of us here today.

Bunch of pansies that can't booze properly apparently.

I share an office with two people, and they BOTH say "fustrating" It's very frustrating every time I hear it.

My wife often says "fustrating", usually in reference to something I'm doing. I refuse to acknowledge her frustration until she says the word correctly. She doesn't find it as funny as I do.

The big boss spent 30 minutes today explaining to me, slowly and in great detail, something that I've been doing every day for the last 6.5 years.

After my third, "Yes I know how to do this" I gave up and let him whinge on about it until he was done.

Im in an office setting, in my department there are 6 positions like mine and a manager. 1 person out of these 7 total had today scheduled off. There are 2 of us here today.

Bunch of pansies that can't booze properly apparently.

So I'm guessing the one scheduled person was the manager?

My coworker ranting about some San Antonio-based charity group that made the news recently for raising over a million dollars for starving children in Africa:

Her: "Oh yeah, that's great and all, but what about the MILLIONS of starving children right here in San Antonio?"

Heard another good one from the same lady this morning.
She was ranting and raving about the supposed measles outbreak in AZ, anti-vaxers, etc. Then she said this:

Her: You know, after my grandson was born, his doctor flat out refused to give him a smallpox vaccine! I demanded he get one, but that quack doctor wouldn't listen.

Me: Why are you worried about smallpox?

Her: Because smallpox is literally running rampant in Mexico right now! And we are so close to the border! What if one of those Mexican children at his daycare gives him smallpox!

Me: Uhmmm... I'm fairly certain smallpox was eradicated in the seventies.

Her: Well, it's better to be safe than sorry! The doctor should've given it to him anyway, because I asked for it!

Me: I doubt he keeps vaccines on hand for diseases that no longer exist...

Her: .....

Quick googlery:

Most recent diagnosis of smallpox: 10/26/1977
Declared eradicated:12/9/1979
Eradication certified by World Health Association: 5/8/1980

The organization I work for recently decided to sell the building where maintenance has their office. Instead of moving us into a vacant office in one of their other buildings they decided to renovate the men and woman's bathroom. Took out the dividing wall, toilet and urinals, put up cabinets and had a computer installed. That is now our office. I s$$t you not. That shows just what corporate thinks of their maintenance dept.

I am assigned too 12 apartment complexes with over 350 apartments total. On Thursday I was informed 1 of the properties was to have a HUD inspection the following Monday. The company was informed of this in November nobody bother to tell us. My vacation was to start Monday. Guess what got cancelled, no not the inspection. I had 2 work the weekend and Monday, now I have 2 buy my wife jewelry so I can get out of the dog house. Spent 2 days trying to fix everything that hadn't been reported, needed 2 weeks. My boss was there the whole time and did help but then there is the floater. I have toe nail clippings that know more than he does, he can't work a pair of channel locks, NOT A JOKE HE REALLY CAN'T. he worked half days both days and then is going to complain, bite me looser.

On the up side since I am now on vacation the company won't receive my expense report till I get back. It will cause someone's eyes to pop out or their head. That will teach you to up my card limit. I spent 3600 in 2 days. YEA me a new personal best. Since they insist on pissing me off I will be buying a new and expensive tool. Sooner or later they will learn, the madder you make me the more expensive and cool the tool is.

The shove it on down the line mentality.
I just received an email where somebody requested some information about our company.
I looked at the email thread and it had been passed down a line of 8 people (internally) before it got to me.
It was apparently below everyone's payscale.

I looked at the request. They wanted our physical address & phone #.

Every day, I get drawing request from each department (sales/machine shop/engineering) and each person that comes to me demands that their drawing be moved to the top of priority. So I step it up and knock it out of the park, take it to them with all the proper documentation and change notice forms... and they look it over before saying,
"ya know what? I think it should say 'bla biddy blah' instead of what I originally told you. Just that one simple change and we should be good"

Should be good? Or will be good? One simple change on a drawing is not one simple change. It means changing multiple drawings and forms, documenting everything. This has been happening multiple times per drawing, per day, per request. Each time they do it, they let out a nervous chortle saying,
"haha, sorry! poor guy!"

Get your **** together and stop wasting my time.

Heard another good one from the same lady this morning.
She was ranting and raving about the supposed measles outbreak in AZ, anti-vaxers, etc. Then she said this:

Her: You know, after my grandson was born, his doctor flat out refused to give him a smallpox vaccine! I demanded he get one, but that quack doctor wouldn't listen.

Me: Why are you worried about smallpox?

Her: Because smallpox is literally running rampant in Mexico right now! And we are so close to the border! What if one of those Mexican children at his daycare gives him smallpox!

Me: Uhmmm... I'm fairly certain smallpox was eradicated in the seventies.

Her: Well, it's better to be safe than sorry! The doctor should've given it to him anyway, because I asked for it!

Me: I doubt he keeps vaccines on hand for diseases that no longer exist...

Her: .....

Quick googlery:

Most recent diagnosis of smallpox: 10/26/1977
Declared eradicated:12/9/1979
Eradication certified by World Health Association: 5/8/1980

Measles is one of the most contagious and infectious diseases. One case is considered an outbreak. There were 7 in Arizona. All 7 have now been confirmed as no longer contagious.

But you are right, the only place live small pox still exists are in high security laboratories in the US and Russia. Six vials of it were found in a freezer in Maryland last summer but it was never determined if they were live virus or not. The vials were incinerated at the CDC lab in Atlanta.

But you are right, the only place live small pox still exists are in high security laboratories in the US and Russia. Six vials of it were found in a freezer in Maryland last summer but it was never determined if they were live virus or not. The vials were incinerated at the CDC lab in Atlanta.

Off topic, but 2 vials were confirmed as containing live virus:

On Monday night, they worked through the night to confirm that the DNA was present by PCR testing, they then injected the material into special materials to see if it was alive. And yesterday we learned that two of the six vials showed evidence of growth.

From CDC press conference last summer.

Smallpox isn't an issue of course, don't get me stahted on measles though.

people who rush the elevator when you're trying to get out. Biggest pet peeve ever.

And when it happens they just say sorry as they continue to walk into the elevator!

people who rush the elevator when you're trying to get out. Biggest pet peeve ever.

And when it happens they just say sorry as they continue to walk into the elevator!

Yes! This applies to busses, subway cars, and toilet stalls.

Every day, I get drawing request from each department (sales/machine shop/engineering) and each person that comes to me demands that their drawing be moved to the top of priority. So I step it up and knock it out of the park, take it to them with all the proper documentation and change notice forms... and they look it over before saying,
"ya know what? I think it should say 'bla biddy blah' instead of what I originally told you. Just that one simple change and we should be good"

Should be good? Or will be good? One simple change on a drawing is not one simple change. It means changing multiple drawings and forms, documenting everything. This has been happening multiple times per drawing, per day, per request. Each time they do it, they let out a nervous chortle saying,
"haha, sorry! poor guy!"

Get your **** together and stop wasting my time.
There was one engineer that used to work with me that was HORRIBLE at stuff like that. He'd tunnel-vision his reviews, only looking at certain items - so I'd make a review set, he'd look it over, but only at certain details, and hand it back.

I 'tested' him once. For a 7-page drawing set, we went through over 80 sheets of revisions. I was ready to inflict gratuitous bodily harm on him.

There was one engineer that used to work with me that was HORRIBLE at stuff like that. He'd tunnel-vision his reviews, only looking at certain items - so I'd make a review set, he'd look it over, but only at certain details, and hand it back.

I 'tested' him once. For a 7-page drawing set, we went through over 80 sheets of revisions. I was ready to inflict gratuitous bodily harm on him.

Just to make you guys feel better engineers do it to themselves as well, we used to have a senior engineer that would review work and make changes. You would make those word-for-word and go back for finale sign off and he'd review the whole thing again. After a few rounds you would be back to basically what you originally wrote and he'd sign it!

Just to make you guys feel better engineers do it to themselves as well, we used to have a senior engineer that would review work and make changes. You would make those word-for-word and go back for finale sign off and he'd review the whole thing again. After a few rounds you would be back to basically what you originally wrote and he'd sign it!

Very very few engineers I've ever met could get in out of the rain. I started school on an engineer path, but had to change it. The main engineer over my area of the plant has the most common sense of any engineer I've ever met. According to stories I've heard, he's still lacking a little bit though.

Email etiquette:
-Please stop using "reply to all" every time you reply to an email. If you feel the need to say thank you, nobody else needs to see it.
-If you left me a voicemail, there is no need to send me an email saying you left me a voicemail.
-Forwarding a giant email and just saying FYI. I know you didn't read it. At least have some comprehension of how the content applies to my job responsibilities.
-Just because you have copied everyone in the entire company, does not mean you have covered your bases & are absolved of all responsibility unless you own the company. Understand the email, understand your co-workers jobs, and send to the appropriate people.
-Political, Religious, & social commentary emails that you send to the entire company are not appropriate in large diverse workplaces.

I just had to send this to 150 full grown adults.

Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 3:09 PM
To: ALL Q*****
Subject: Parking

As you are all aware, parking at the Q***** building is at a premium. We have more cars than parking spots on any given day. This being so, I’d like to ask for everyone’s assistance in a few areas. First, I’d like to remind everyone that the parking spots directly in front of the main entrance are reserved for visitors. This area has been designated as such since we moved here in 2003. Second, the small spot next to the green space outside the break room needs to remain clear to allow for traffic flow through that parking lot. Third, please keep your vehicle confined to one marked parking space, and remain mindful that we all would like to park as close to the facility as possible. Finally, handicapped spots are reserved for vehicles with State issued handicapped tags. If you have an injury or issue that requires you to park closer to the building, please see me and we’ll address your concern.

Thanks for helping us make this a great place to work (and park),

Clint Brewer

Facility Maintenance Supervisor

How many reply to all messages do you forsee receiving by this time tomorrow?
Nice trick. With messages that you know will be reply to all magnets address them in the bcc field. Even if people reply to all they only go back to you.

Back