• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Thermostat for keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gr33n

Reaction score
Looking for a thermostat for my current keezer build. Would like to have digital read-out but is not necessary. Thanks!

If you are willing to do a little wiring, the STC-1000 can't be beat for the price , $20.00 or so. If you aren't into doing a little wiring the controller from Johnson works well , too. $70.00 or so depending on where you buy it.

If you are willing to do a little wiring, the STC-1000 can't be beat for the price , $20.00 or so. If you aren't into doing a little wiring the controller from Johnson works well , too. $70.00 or so depending on where you buy it.

What would you call "a little wiring"?

Its a few years old. Model is ETC-111000-000
I currently use one as well. This was an extra from my saltwater reef tank when i upgraded to a neptune controller.

Its a few years old. Model is ETC-111000-000
I currently use one as well. This was an extra from my saltwater reef tank when i upgraded to a neptune controller.

How much wiring is involved? Would I need to splice into the lines of the compressor?

No splicing. Its already wired with a male and female plug. Just plug it in the wall plug in your device then place the probe in freezer and set the temp, then the set the differantle set point (which i keep at 1) and then set to heat or cool and thats it.

Back