There's a Bee in my Blonde!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwalk4

Reaction score
Some of you may remember a thread I started roughly 2 weeks ago titled, "And it was the worst brewday ever..." Well some bad days have a way of sticking around on you.

Having hit my OG, cleaning up my equipment, and pitching a rehydrated packet of S-05, I waited patiently for 2 weeks when my wet, frustrating day would yield some positive results.

I pulled the airlock and was greeted with a light, pleasant aroma of lightly toasted cereal grains. I pulled a sample and ended up with 1.005 FG.
A little lower than expected, but not bad (all my thermometer's were messed up so I may have mashed a little low).

After tasting the sample, I attached a sanitized piece of vinyl tubing to the spigot of my brewbucket, opened the valve and drained away. Pleased with myself for taking care to angle my racking arm away from the trub so I wouldn't have any yeast end up in my keg, I enjoyed watching clear beer run through the tube.

After my keg was full up, I sprayed my lid with a little extra iodophor, sealed er' up and dragged the keg upstairs to my kegerator where it is currently carbing. Time to take apart my brewbucket, clean it and prepare for another brewday. I took off the lid to see this:

5cllj7.jpg

That's right, A BEE!!! A FRIGGEN BEE!!! AFTER ALL THAT WENT WRONG ON THAT CURSE'D BREWDAY, MOTHER NATURE HAD TO HAVE ONE LAST LAUGH AT MY EXPENSE.

Sample still tasted good though, so I won't complain...much. :mug::cross::D

Sorry @Biermuncher I'm renaming your recipe on this batch to "There's a Bee in My BierMuncher's Blonde".

Haha, I'll be sure to tell guests to watch out for the stinger.

Damn thing could still be in there!

Your Blonde is going to be "The Bees Knees Blonde"!

Huh!? Too old for ya? I like it.

Should be tasty! :)

Back