The "We'll fix your label for you" thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's perfect. It's a short production run of 10 gallons and I'll likely only label the first case or so of 12 oz bottles. Thanks for the ideas HopFather! I like the double entendre M.J. idea, as it takes some of the edge off of using my buddies mug shot behind bars!

Up until now, I have been using a neck label template that looks like this:

OL1497WX.png

The problem is that The Beautiful Mrs. Tas is the one who ends up cutting out the labels, and she's tired of navigating the "bulge" in the center of the label.

Does anyone have a source for a neck label template that does not have that dreded bulge?

Thanks -

Ron

Neck labels? You're crazy man.

Do you have the original template your using in some sort of image format (.psd would be nice)? If you upload the template I might be able to just edit the bulge out for you.

Neck labels? You're crazy man.

Ha! My wife says the exact same thing!

I would appreciate it if you might be able to do some work with it. Here's the original template and the "logo," in case you need to blank it out and start over -

The big, long German-looking word on the right-hand side is:

Schwarzmeerdeutsche

If you are able to help, I would appreciate it. If not, then I might abandon the neck labels, for the sake of marital harmony.

Thanks!

Ron

Fischer Brewing Company Neck Labels.jpg

Fischer Brewing Company Logo.jpg

@TasunkaWitko - here you go. The font is slightly different, couldn't find an exact match to what you used before. Hopefully that works for you (and by you, I mean your wife).

Fischer Brewing Company Neck Labels New.jpg

Hey, HF - that looks great ~

I actually like that font better...more German!

I really appreciate it. Thanks...both from me, and from The Beautiful Mrs. Tas.

Ron

Sweet, I want to make some labels myself. How do you get that template into a program to make them? I saw on another thread where most people were using either Gimp or Inkscape. I plan to download this weekend to try to figure this out, but was specifically curious about how to do a neck label. For my main label, I am just planning to have a rectangle, so figure I can blindly stumble my way into that one...

Thanks!
Andy

Would someone be willing to make me a similar file of neck labels if I e-mailed them my logo file? I have downloaded both Gimp and Inkscape but have had zero luck trying to teach myself how to use either of them. I can make basic labels in word and excel for the bottle, simple rectangles, but cant get anything that would look good for a neck ring...

Thanks!
Andy

Ha! My wife says the exact same thing!

I would appreciate it if you might be able to do some work with it. Here's the original template and the "logo," in case you need to blank it out and start over -

The big, long German-looking word on the right-hand side is:

Schwarzmeerdeutsche

If you are able to help, I would appreciate it. If not, then I might abandon the neck labels, for the sake of marital harmony.

Thanks!

Ron

So I'm new t this thread, I have read a number of posts, but if I'm breaking any rules please let me know. I'm looking for someone to help me with label design. I have a basic drawing of what I want but it needs to be cleaned up - probably reworked. I can go into more detail about what I want but I would like to make sure this is ok first.

IMG_2037 (1).jpg

So I'm new t this thread, I have read a number of posts, but if I'm breaking any rules please let me know. I'm looking for someone to help me with label design. I have a basic drawing of what I want but it needs to be cleaned up - probably reworked. I can go into more detail about what I want but I would like to make sure this is ok first.

There's nothing wrong with it and is probably one of the best ways to ask for help.

help with incorporating it into a label... absolutely

help with "cleaning up" or "reworking" (re-drawing)? far exceeds my artistic abilities

but if you give a little more detail on what you want, I'll take a shot at it

Thanks all. Here's the info that I hope helps out. We call ourselves "Rainy Day Brewery" My idea for a label is a man on the front porch with his dog in the rain. The picture is a drawing someone did based on my initial idea.

I probably would rather see the face, but it's not a big deal. I'd like to incorporate our brewery name on the label, and, if possible in a small font somewhere our "tagline" which is "It's always raining somewhere". I don't need the label to use this picture, but it's kind of a jumping off point.

I have neither artistic ability nor computer savvy -I considered it an accomplishment to get that picture online. But if I could impose, my one last though is that ultimately we would have different dogs on the porch for our different beers, with everything else the same.

Please feel free to correct, criticize, or tell me why this is wrong if that's what I need to know.

Thanks again,

Michael

Everything you want is absolutely easy to give you... except the "rather see the face" part. That would require an actual artist to redraw it for you. Unless I'm not understanding correctly. Most people here will just layer/photoshop/adjust levels and add certain elements and text.

I'm sure someone can help you.

I have a sketch that my Brother In Law did for me. It would be so cool to have it cleaned up and made into something. His colors and idea I really like and hope to preserve that if possible. He has never been a beer guy and the brew this label that was designed for was the first one he could actually drink. Anyway, all I have is this format. (.jpg)

The brew is Problem Child IPA.

Anything can be done with this? That would be so awesome

LABLE.JPG

?

Not sure what I missed here.

All good man.

You asked me to help you back in March, I showed you this and got no response.

PCTest.jpg

I'm more than happy to keep working on it - just wanted you to see that due to the quality/lighting in the picture you supplied, the top half of it is hard to manipulate in a way that makes it show up really well.

I am sorry I missed that

Totally forgot I had asked.

- that is completely awesome. Thank you! I love it!!

I am sorry I missed that - that is completely awesome. Thank you! I love it!!

I was just screwing around with it to see how it worked when layered. If you want me to work on it some more while trying to retain some of the original colors or something, I can give it a shot.

I was just screwing around with it to see how it worked when layered. If you want me to work on it some more while trying to retain some of the original colors or something, I can give it a shot.

think I worked on that one a bit, but went the other way with it (now I can't find the file).

my first reaction is to "fix it" as opposed to "rough it up"

guess that's approaching it from a photographer's POV rather than a graphic design/artist POV

A little color would be cool - something similar to what was used - but otherwise has a great feel.

Problem child is not a delinquent, but a kid out on his own getting into stuff - maybe skip school to fish "Andy Griffith" style. He makes the grown-ups scratch their head - "He's just a problem child". I think the way you expanded on what was there worked out wonderfully.

A little color would be cool - something similar to what was used - but otherwise has a great feel.

Problem child is not a delinquent, but a kid out on his own getting into stuff - maybe skip school to fish "Andy Griffith" style. He makes the grown-ups scratch their head - "He's just a problem child". I think the way you expanded on what was there worked out wonderfully.

Thanks man. I'll play around with it a little bit more.

Anybody want to play around with this one?? Trying to clean it up but been using MS Paint, which I know is horrible. Don't have the skills to do much else to it. Thanks so much!!

2RED DOG Brewing.png

What are you looking to have done with it?

Just sharpened up a bit. The silhouette of the dog is terrible but I'm unsure of how exactly to fix that. Any other artistic ideas on how to make the whole thing better is appreciated also. Thanks so much, I appreciate it!

I was working on it, but can't really come up with anything good. kinda stuck here with just name & tag line

edit: egads, just noticed the horrible fx blending on the tag line. gotta clean that up

View attachment 366838

Thank you for what you have done. If there is any input needed or some follow up I can provide feel free to PM me or I can give you an email.

Let me add that it may be worthwhile for me to have someone attempt a complete redo just using this as a guide. I would definitely expect to compensate for that as it goes way beyond what folks here volunteer to do. If anyone has suggestions for who might do that please let me know.

Just sharpened up a bit. The silhouette of the dog is terrible but I'm unsure of how exactly to fix that. Any other artistic ideas on how to make the whole thing better is appreciated also. Thanks so much, I appreciate it!

727d255369.jpg

It seems like the silhouette can be hidden a little with some textures added. I could do something like that (without touching up the actual dog itself). It looks kind of neat with some vintage colors and paper-like quality added to it as well, but all depends what you're looking for and if you're attached to the colors you used.

Holy crap, that's awesome!! Thanks! Um, I'm kind of attached to the colors of the dog, as it's supposed to be a Vizsla (pic of my brew dog for attention). But the other colors I'm not terribly attached to.

IMG_20160630_063246.jpg

Back