The "We'll fix your label for you" thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dafuq does that have to do with the price of fleshlights in China?

I guess it's just the point of frustration I feel with much of humanity lately. I come here and expect to be amongst, if not friends, at least people of similar interests and I catch hell for helping? How does this guy know that the OP isn't just fracking in love with the label I did make for him, even though it only took 8 mins?

But if you're buying Chinese fleshlights, I suspect you have a smaller problem. Order the ones from Botswana.

Then there's always that guy... you try to teach someone how to fish AND you give him a fish, but nope just not good enough for you. You want to point out how wrong I am... I also provided him a potential label, which you conveniently opted not to quote... Some people :rolleyes: I wonder how you vote?

We can go there if you like, I just didn't think it was necessary. I'm sure he appreciates your mocking label attempt. The rectangular layout with a neck label shape carelessly plopped into the middle of it halfheartedly showcasing the most important part of his vision of a black hole - surrounded by a wooden background? Nice.

There have been multiple in depth posts, threads and even an article created to help people in the right direction if they wish to learn how to create their own. This place is to help others. If you want to help, do it. Condescendingly telling someone to do it themselves - bad taste my man.

I also don't vote fwiw and this isn't the place to discuss that either.

no more responses.

Black hole10.png

no more responses.

Thanks.... that is a really cool angle in regard to the "High Gravity" and the "Gravity/Force" equation.... I had not even really thought of it from that perspective. I was thinking more in terms of "darkness" of the beer. Seems obvious now - but had not thought of it until I saw it on your label idea. Definitely something I would like to incorporate - goes so well with the beer.

Not sure if anyone is interested, but would love to combine some of what you have in this, with a full picture, rectangular label that @hunter_la5 had in post 714 (i.e. "the taco post"). Maybe with a thin white border (of course there will likely be a white border when a label is printed any way....)
*I like the idea of "Black hole Sun" across the top (probably a different font)
*Color of writing?? White or red or other??
*The fat porter logo, bottom left.
*the gravity equation opposite the fat porter logo on the right, maybe put the "high gravity" 11%ABV on the right side, above it??
*I probably would leave off "12 oz." just because it would go on bottles of various size
*I would probably would leave off the "it will suck you in" phrase and maybe leave off my and my buddy's name... just because I think it might start to get too crowded.
*Unfortunately.... probably no taco:)..... although, I could brew a "special" batch in the future.....

At any rate.... this has already given me some great ideas that I would not have thought of on my own. Thanks!

Better version of the picture maybe....

black-hole-star-accretion.jpg

*I like the idea of "Black hole Sun" across the top (probably a different font)
*Color of writing?? White or red or other??

19b3c41812.jpg

19b7512f7b.jpg

Do any of these fonts or borders fit what you're looking for?

- The first one does have a solid white border on it that this site makes hard to see. It can be made pinstriped as well to have it stand out more if you prefer the clean straight border.

19b3c41812.jpg

19b7512f7b.jpg

Do any of these fonts or borders fit what you're looking for?

- The first one does have a solid white border on it that this site makes hard to see. It can be made pinstriped as well to have it stand out more if you prefer the clean straight border.

I love everything about the second one!

Oh, alright.. the red text too? I'll add some of the other elements in a second.

I think so.... As long as the red stands out enough. If red is a problem on other parts of the label, could also just go all white as that tends to contrast more. I guess that would be the biggest thing is it needs to be a color that comes off the background well enough to see.

I like the way the second font is more .... for lack of a better term coming to mind.... "ragged" as opposed to the straight edges of the first one.

Thanks

I like the way the second font is more .... for lack of a better term coming to mind.... "ragged" as opposed to the straight edges of the first one.

Rev: 1
1c62f22e62.jpg

Rev: 2
1c65caaaef.jpg

Rev: 3
1c6702b1fd.jpg

Attached transparent gravity equation and logo for anyone that might want to take a swing at helping Braufessaurus.

gravlaw.png

FPorterLogo.png

Fixed it for ya.

Lmao, this is awesome, did you put this together or was this from something? I have a Barley Wine I like to call the Templar... I might have to steal this :p

EDIT: I suppose I should clarify that I meant the adding of the Taco Time, lol

Lmao, this is awesome, did you put this together or was this from something? I have a Barley Wine I like to call the Templar... I might have to steal this :p

I just love templars/knights/paladins etc because I'm a funkin' nerd. I've got a whole folder of them.. and Hunter is scared of them.

EDIT: I suppose I should clarify that I meant the adding of the Taco Time, lol

This was totally theCADJockey's pic. I just used Pixlr to create a convenient location to get some post battle tacos and a Coke.

It's all good, I completely missed it the first time because your image was broken for some reason so it got by me. I didn't even notice it in the recent post until it was pointed out. Tacos are such a huge part of my life as a vegan, it doesn't even phase me.

It's all good, I completely missed it the first time because your image was broken for some reason so it got by me. I didn't even notice it in the recent post until it was pointed out. Tacos are such a huge part of my life as a vegan, it doesn't even phase me.

Stooopid Photobucket.... Noticed and repaired.

Rev: 3
1c6702b1fd.jpg

Attached transparent gravity equation and logo for anyone that might want to take a swing at helping Braufessaurus.

I think the third one is it....... Not enough room on lower left for fat porter logo. And could probably take out the equation on the right side to give more room on bottom right for other stuff.

I am thinking, if I wanted, it would not be hard to put a narrow label on the neck........ With the fat porter label....

On bottom right , would it work to put:

High Gravity RIS
11% ABV
Not sure if a small transparent version of that gravity equation would fit there or not???

Thanks so much for your help...... Appreciation box will be in the works.

I've got about an hour left to help ya out - keep the revisions coming if ya need, otherwise I'll have to help out more on Monday unless someone else wants to take over where I left off. As always, I don't ask for beer, payment is unnecessary - just a picture of the label on a bottle if you do use it would be cool.

Is the label too dark? I could try to brighten it up. I did sharpen this version so the stars came out more and tried to highlight the meteor a bit. Let me know what else can be done.

I'm not trying to step on any shoes here TheCADJockey, but this is my take on the label for Braufessor. I kind of had to try something with it, since I have recently brewed his Northeast Style IPA and loved it! Thanks for the recipe Braufessor!

Black Hole Sun.jpg

I'm not trying to step on any shoes here TheCADJockey, but this is my take on the label for Braufessor. I kind of had to try something with it, since I have recently brewed his Northeast Style IPA and loved it! Thanks for the recipe Braufessor!

No worries at all my man, just here to help out. Love how you put the equation behind the other text.

Very cool.... you guys are great at this stuff! I agree - like how you put the faded equation in the background.

Glad you liked the IPA recipe..... brewed 2 batches of it myself last week. Just dropped the first dry hop in them today.:mug:

New Pilsner ideas?...

A factory beer drinking "friend" has publicly been stating that my hopped and malt forward beers are "skunky". Since I have other friends lining up for samples, his less than refined reviews are much like a 7 year old saying beluga caviar is "fishy". Rather than trash our friendship over our disparaging tastes in beer, I've brewed a simple pilsner which I will soon bottle some of just for this guy, the rest will keg secondary until my big Mocktoberfest event planned this fall.

His last name is Crimm. I'm thinking the beer will necessarily be called "Smooth Crimminal" with the intentional mis-spelled name ploy. The label, I'm thinking simple black and white, maybe some jail bars or hand cuffs? a "you've been arrested" theme and some verbiage to the effect of "...such a minimal hop, middle of the road beer, it ought to be illegal". 5.1% ABV 7 SRM 14 IBU... You know. A clear but better session beer, similar to the middle of the road stuff that made Milwaukee "Famous".

Got any ideas?

@SpentBrains - something like this? Any text you'd like is easy to add after the fact, just checking to see if the general style is what you're going for. Not sure I'm happy with the font I used, granted I whipped this up in like 15 min so I'll cut myself some slack.

Smooth Crimminal.jpg

Latest posts

Back