The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife cried when Lori died last night. Even though we were in agreement she was not our favorite character. When she was still crying 15 minutes later I had one of those polite delicate feeler conversations I have with her every once in a while to see where her chemical balance is... I even teased her about how that is the way she acts when she is pregnant.

Fast forward nine hours and some pee on a stick, turns out she is! I assured her since I can not breastfeed I will not shoot her after labor. Turns out she does not agree Merle is a appropriate name for a boy or girl either.

My wife cried when Lori died last night. Even though we were in agreement she was not our favorite character. When she was still crying 15 minutes later I had one of those polite delicate feeler conversations I have with her every once in a while to see where her chemical balance is... I even teased her about how that is the way she acts when she is pregnant.

Fast forward nine hours and some pee on a stick, turns out she is! I assured her since I can not breastfeed I will not shoot her after labor. Turns out she does not agree Merle is a appropriate name for a boy or girl either.

Congrats! :mug:

Not having read the comics yet, I didn't really see that coming with Lori. I thought they'd drag out the struggle of being a new mom in a world of zombies, but it adds a much different dynamic. How to take care of a motherless baby in the zombie apocalypse, you'd think formula and such would have been looted already but I guess we'll see if they stumble upon an Enfamil factory or something.
The alarms and the zombie baiting was really unexpected and added a nice touch and now I guess we have two new survivors joining the group.

Well this is a hard post to follow. Congrats!

Was the child conceived whilst watching The Walking Dead? That would awesome...

slomo said:
+1 that hooker is a walker or she is still alive and Carl thought she was dead.

No, according to an interview I saw today with the writer and producer, she is definitely dead. They even talked about how the missed working with the actress.

OntarioBeerKegs said:

Congrats!

Dead doesn't mean not undead...

Weird though. This couldn't be further from the comics so I didn't see it coming at all. Trying to not see Lori's final action as one more net negative for the group but we'll see :mug:

You know I never bought into T Dog being a silent, minor part just so they had a minority person but after this? It feels like they decided they can get rid of him now the Michonne is a bad ass. His character wasn't in the comics, the guy he was most like lived much longer and played an integral role, so why on earth was he around for so long if not as a diversity character?

Congrats!

Dead doesn't mean not undead...

Weird though. This couldn't be further from the comics so I didn't see it coming at all. Trying to not see Lori's final action as one more net negative for the group but we'll see :mug:

You know I never bought into T Dog being a silent, minor part just so they had a minority person but after this? It feels like they decided they can get rid of him now the Michonne is a bad ass. His character wasn't in the comics, the guy he was most like lived much longer and played an integral role, so why on earth was he around for so long if not as a diversity character?

Yeah. Honestly, when I saw him on screen at the beginning of this season I was surprised, because for some reason I thought he had already died. Plus, they picked up a new black guy, so maybe the writers figured they didn't need two. :drunk:

Yesterday I heard Andrew Lincoln(Rick) talking... and he's British and has a very posh accent, I could never have guessed.

Can you as native speaker realise that he is faking the accent?

Does not surprise me. He does one of the worst fake southern accents I have ever heard.

Beerrific said:
Does not surprise me. He does one of the worst fake southern accents I have ever heard.

I will say he sounds like an American with a bad southern accent rather than a Brit doing an accent haha.

sudsmcgee said:
I read the comics after watching the show. And I don't ever read comics.

The comics are better in my opinion. Your loss I guess.

I wanted to start reading the comics but unfortunately I have only ever been to one comic book store while out of town and didn't find any Walking Dead. I'm guessing because it's insanely popular. I've looked online, aren't they a little on the pricey side?

starrfish said:
AWESOME Book! about 3/4 through. (the Zombie Survival Guide) Highly entertaining if you have ever read a survival guide of any kind.

I've wanted this book, too.

dudius said:
I wanted to start reading the comics but unfortunately I have only ever been to one comic book store while out of town and didn't find any Walking Dead. I'm guessing because it's insanely popular. I've looked online, aren't they a little on the pricey side?

I've wanted this book, too.

I believe there are 105 or so issues currently published. The first 96 are collected in two omnibus style compendium, the only thing not included in the big books is the cover art from each issue. I've only read those two. I used to collect comics but they started to get too expensive. Amazon has the big books for 30 each last I checked.

They seem pricey when compared to a similar sized paperback but not when you consider that a single comic books typically costs 3-6 bucks. Lining, inking, coloring (WD is black and white) etc all adds to the cost as it is usually different people all doing different steps.

Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z are both hilarious and awesome.

I believe there are 105 or so issues currently published. The first 96 are collected in two omnibus style compendium, the only thing not included in the big books is the cover art from each issue. I've only read those two. I used to collect comics but they started to get too expensive. Amazon has the big books for 30 each last I checked.

They seem pricey when compared to a similar sized paperback but not when you consider that a single comic books typically costs 3-6 bucks. Lining, inking, coloring (WD is black and white) etc all adds to the cost as it is usually different people all doing different steps.

Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z are both hilarious and awesome.

Yeah I think I saw some of the first issues priced at 7 dollars or higher online. I didn't know how many issues were out or how good the value was so I passed. I'll look into the bigger books, though.

The entire series is also available online via bit torrent for those so inclined. So too is CBR comic book reader.

I have the HARDEST time sitting in front of the computer reading the same thing for a long time, I think because of the screen. There's no way I'm reading the entire series like that.

sudsmcgee said:
The comic book industry didn't create the comics, Obama did. :fro:

I feel like there's some sort of political dig here, but I'm not sure i get it, and I'm not sure what it has to do with an author's intellectual property rights.

Consider checking out the organizational structure of Image Comics. If you are unhappy with the way copyright law works in this country, Image is actually exactly the kind of company you should be supporting.

MalFet said:
Consider checking out the organizational structure of Image Comics. If you are unhappy with the way copyright law works in this country, Image is actually exactly the kind of company you should be supporting.

Christ alive MalFet, are there ANY topics you don't have a deeper than your average bear understanding/appreciation of? I'm constantly impressed :mug:

Christ alive MalFet, are there ANY topics you don't have a deeper than your average bear understanding/appreciation of? I'm constantly impressed :mug:

Ha ha. Thanks for the sentiment, but I think people would be a lot less impressed if they knew my secret, which is that 90% of the time I'm googling this stuff 90 seconds before I write it. I was actually trying to find the Walking Dead comic's sales revenue when I saw that Image is a very cool artists' cooperative of sorts.

MalFet said:
Ha ha. Thanks for the sentiment, but I think people would be a lot less impressed if they knew my secret, which is that 90% of the time I'm googling this stuff 90 seconds before I write it. I was actually trying to find the Walking Dead comic's sales revenue when I saw that Image is a very cool artists' cooperative of sorts.

Now you've done it. Didn't anyone ever tell you a magician is never supposed to reveal his trick! Beware the wrath of David Copperfield...

sudsmcgee said:
The comic book industry didn't create the comics, Obama did. :fro:

Ugh please tell me this isn't the inane justification du jour of media pirates?

sudsmcgee said:
It was a joke.....

Sorry, I get it and actually appreciate it for what you were going for. I've just heard a lot of ridiculous justifications for piracy and it didn't sound farfetched enough to not be one.

I am not sure if this has been brought up yet. If you love zombie books check out the day by day series by j. L. Bourne. The audio books are great.

I would love to see these books made into a series or better yet a movie.

Back on topic. Glad Lori croaked. Not so glad about t-bone. Ans glens half head decapitation was awesome!

I'm so happy that Lori is dead that I cannot even talk about it! Where's that guy who "gets it" better than us? I want to hear his opinion on the matter. He must be crushed!

12 minutes into the new episode. Still holding out hope they kill off Andrea. We shall see.

Good episode tonight.

What did Rick scream out in that last kill? Was it "You ate my wife"?

He had some good kills in that assault. The headsplitter was fantastic.

I have to say, when Michonne was introduced in the last episode of last season I thought I wasn't going to like her character too much and that she would come off as too cartoony but now I think she is one of my favorite characters!

Way more zombie kills already this season when compared to last seasons days of our zombie lives.

I've got to remember that on the West coast, sometimes I can find out about a show I haven't seen yet by looking at this!

Shhh..... I didn't get home until late last night so I've got to look for it on demand tonight or tomorrow.
Don't tell me anything.

By the way, how many people that watch the walking dead watch Grimm?

Good episode tonight.

What did Rick scream out in that last kill? Was it "You ate my wife"?

He had some good kills in that assault. The headsplitter was fantastic.

Yeah, I couldn't make that out either and was he stabbing the zombie in the guts out of anger and/or because that's where Lori was?

The phone call is weird, wouldn't they need electricity for the phone system to operate?

Also, could the Gov be any creepier? Brushing her hair and then baggin her head. I head his character was disturbed but I never pictured this stuff.

Back