The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone explain to me why they kept the prisoners alive and risked their own to clear out the block. I say at that point in the debacle kill all on site not in your group.

Punity said:
Can anyone explain to me why they kept the prisoners alive and risked their own to clear out the block. I say at that point in the debacle kill all on site not in your group.

Because they need a source of drama later in the season...

So far as they know, most of humanity is wiped out. They've picked up people along the way already. Sometimes for the good. Sometimes for the bad. They have to take those chances. Everybody does in this situation.

The prison situation was a great example of weeding out potential friend from foe. Greaser guy was bad news, they pegged him as it and took him out. They took out the guy who reacted the most violently to his death too.

That may or may not have been the right thing to do. Maybe that guy was pals with greaser guy. Maybe he was just protecting the security he had in his own group. To them, Rick's group are the outsiders. These are the choices people have to make.

Yup. The dude with the bat had to die. If he is going to respond violently at all, he's a threat to the rest of the group. And like the ginger guy with the thick accent was saying, the two they killed were in prison for violent reasons whereas the two still alive were there for non-violent offenses.

Doesn't make sense because they were so worried about that other group finding the farmhouse and they they meet a group of prisoners and they don't react the same. Just weird to me I guess my guard would be up all the time.

Rick tends to not kill unless his hand is forced or he feels an immediate threat to his family. The other two prisoners, if locked in their own block can't hurt them as the group's block has its own doors with its own keys. That's how I'm seeing it, hard to go to the comics as this is different from the books.

I guess yea. I don't have much time with the show I blew through every episode in a week to catch up haha.

That would be epic

Doesn't seem as practical as this....

618l%2Bk162mL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

7.jpg

22119_Planet_Terror_Lobbycard_2.jpg

Yesterday I heard Andrew Lincoln(Rick) talking... and he's British and has a very posh accent, I could never have guessed.

Can you as native speaker realise that he is faking the accent?

Wirk said:
Yesterday I heard Andrew Lincoln(Rick) talking... and he's British and has a very posh accent, I could never have guessed.

Can you as native speaker realise that he is faking the accent?

I saw an interview as well and noticed the change, but I don't think his change is as impressive as Hugh Laurie's. Hugh has a super thick British accent but does an amazing job covering it.

tom_gamer said:
I saw an interview as well and noticed the change, but I don't think his change is as impressive as Hugh Laurie's. Hugh has a super thick British accent but does an amazing job covering it.

Yes but Lincoln is doing a southern accent which most actors fail at faking.

dudius said:
Yes but Lincoln is doing a southern accent which most actors fail at faking.

That is true, I didn't even realize it...maybe its because I am from the south and I hear that all the time, hmmmm

Just caught up on this thread and noticed a few things:

1. For you guys arguing over psychology degrees and condescending tones...thanks for including all of us in your bickering.
2. The over analysis of the "mistakes" the show is making needs to stop. The show is awesome, enough said.
3. Lori is a whore and their son is a little b!tch
4. I love that crazy guy is back...

Am I the only one that thought this past episode [S3E3] was the worst one i've seen in a while? "The Gov" is so bad I almost can't take it, he's got a massive case of Liam Neeson wanna'be, and loose the vest. It's the south and hot as hell. And as a personal pet peeve, I don't like not seeing my main characters for an entire episode.

Am I the only one that thought this past episode [S3E3] was the worst one i've seen in a while? "The Gov" is so bad I almost can't take it, he's got a massive case of Liam Neeson wanna'be, and loose the vest. It's the south and hot as hell. And as a personal pet peeve, I don't like not seeing my main characters for an entire episode.

I agree, with such a strong start to season 3, this episode really cocked it up. Horrible.

I like to watch Talking Dead after the episodes, after the last one they had a producer from the show who explained that the main reason they allowed an episode that focused on the town was so that they could give the viewers a good idea of what it was all about without making you learn little bits over a prolonged time. I disliked it, especially since I've hated Andrea since Day One (her sister was cute, wish she'd have lived), but I think it will be nice if it means the rest of the season can keep up a good pace. The slow pace of Season 2 has always been my biggest complaint about the show.

The slow pace of Season 2 has always been my biggest complaint about the show.

Indeed...the show reminds me of Battlestar Galactica in that sense: rich story with complex characters, but also serious difficulties with pacing. In survival shows, it's hard to keep the plot moving in times of relative stability.

Indeed...the show reminds me of Battlestar Galactica in that sense: rich story with complex characters, but also serious difficulties with pacing. In survival shows, it's hard to keep the plot moving in times of relative stability.

Except Season 2 really dragged on the awful love triangle. It just killed me that stuff was continuously popping up. I was very happy when Sean died because I knew the story wouldn't be stuck on that crap anymore.

Wow, I actually felt the opposite. I liked this episode. I found it interesting to see what type of world the Governor had created. I expected something more "road warrior-esque," more militaristic, like in the Stand, The Road, or some of the other post apocalyptic stories, instead we kinda see a Jericho type "idyllic" town, but of course with a underbelly of something.

Plus it was nice to finally get to see more about Michonne finally. Plus the whole Merle thing.

I thought the Gov was quite well cast actually. That slightly honeyed southern drawl covering up the ruthlessness. And WTF with the heads in the aquarium?

I'm kinda a little tired of the other group, so to get away for awhile and see what else is going on in the walking dead "world."

I actually think it was one of the best "un eventful" episodes in awhile.

I hear you. Don't get me wrong, I still love the show. Just wasn't as impressed with E3 and for me the Gov character just seems tired. Oh, and as far as the heads in the tanks...kinda cool, but I thought for sure it was going to be his wife and kid all zombied and locked in a room since he took special care to look at their picture just before going in there.

... but I thought for sure it was going to be his wife and kid all zombied and locked in a room since he took special care to look at their picture just before going in there.

I thought the same thing, or even their heads in the tanks (trying to preserve their brains and maybe re-attach them to zombie bodies in a way to bring them "back.") But they didn't look like family, so it was more surprising to see that.

ciphin78 said:
I hear you. Don't get me wrong, I still love the show. Just wasn't as impressed with E3 and for me the Gov character just seems tired. Oh, and as far as the heads in the tanks...kinda cool, but I thought for sure it was going to be his wife and kid all zombied and locked in a room since he took special care to look at their picture just before going in there.

COMIC BOOK SPOILER:

In the books it's his daughter he's got chained up. He's keeping her hoping that she learns to recognize him etc.

rifraf said:
COMIC BOOK SPOILER:

In the books it's his daughter he's got chained up. He's keeping her hoping that she learns to recognize him etc.

That sounds better than the creepy fish tanks. I took the tanks as a form of TV. Sitting on the couch, drinking some whiskey after a long day at work and watching...fish tanks of heads?

Back