The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I figure about six somewhat identifiable people dying in the finale (two from each tier). I have underlined my predictions...

Tier 1:
Rick
Daryl
Carl
Judith - Maybe not this season, but the storyline has tremendous growth opportunity with her death.
Glenn
Maggie
Michonne
Carol - Karma is gonna catch up with her. Plus, she's too old. Old people don't last long on the cast. Last reason is because she's a guest on the finale of Talking Dead. They are definitely killing off a main character and Talking Dead always features the recently departed.

Tier 2:
Sasha - She's done. Her character is becoming exhausting to watch. She will probably shoot Carol in the back of the head by accident, too.
Abraham
Tara
Rosita
Eugene
Gabriel - Again... Karma.
Morgan

Tier 3:
Pete - Obvious.
Jessie
Sam
Deanna
Nicholas - Obvious.

On Pete and Nicholas, I'd say there's no doubt. Gabriel is a strong maybe, but I don't think so. Sasha? Nope, not a chance. Just by narrative structure, it's almost never the people that are steely willed and effective, it's the folks that are hopeful and positive; same reason Carol won't bite it. It's worth noting that the person killed off is almost never listed in the Talking Dead ahead of time...they're the surprise guest. Judith...maybe eventually, but I don't think so; the whole "Judith is dead" thing was pulled two seasons ago (admittedly it didn't actually happen), I don't think they will pull that out of the bag, at least not until she is older. Personally, if I'm betting on anyone being dead, it has to be Glenn, his speech to Rick where he is trying to convince him that Alexandria is worth all the bull they're putting up with is classic Walking Dead "he/she was right and now he/she is dead".

That said, I'm going to throw out a bold prediction here, none of the primary characters are dying this episode, the special guest will be the new villain. Now, I could be wrong here, and hell I probably am, but this just feels like something they would do; kill off people in rapid succession and then not kill anyone off when you think they are going to kill someone off.

I don't believe in any way the writers and producers of this show have that intent ,but it would be nice to make an observation or comment without hearing that it is race baiting.Who invented that word anyway? We need a new one .Carry on.

I figure about six somewhat identifiable people dying in the finale (two from each tier). I have underlined my predictions...

Tier 1:
Rick
Daryl
Carl
Judith - Maybe not this season, but the storyline has tremendous growth opportunity with her death.
Glenn
Maggie
Michonne
Carol - Karma is gonna catch up with her. Plus, she's too old. Old people don't last long on the cast. Last reason is because she's a guest on the finale of Talking Dead. They are definitely killing off a main character and Talking Dead always features the recently departed.

Tier 2:
Sasha - She's done. Her character is becoming exhausting to watch. She will probably shoot Carol in the back of the head by accident, too.
Abraham
Tara
Rosita
Eugene
Gabriel - Again... Karma.
Morgan

Tier 3:
Pete - Obvious.
Jessie
Sam
Deanna
Nicholas - Obvious.

Now that it's been mentioned, I can only see Scarol killing herself in two ways. Some sort of self sacrifice in a desperate last stand against walkers so the others could escape or if she's sick, like cancer or something. What I could see her doing is harming herself to frame Pete, which is pretty much what she said to him.

I'd really like to see Judith live so we can have a 20 years forward episode to see how a person turns out who was born into the ZA. I could also see her being left with a stable group. Maybe not on purpose, but it could happen that she gets babysat by a trusted group or out of necessity, and Rick can't make it back to her for a long time.

The rest, I agree. Satan himself should kill Gabriel.

Sasha has gotten to be a pretty competent shot, but she's reckless. There have been a few times now when she got in over her head going after walkers and needed someone else in the group to save her butt. If she gets caught alone in one of those situations...game over.

I don't think the writers would kill Glenn yet. It seems like there is more space to explore his reaction to Noah's death. Then again, so many people are expecting his death to come as it happens in the comic book, the writers might just say, "nope, surprise!" and take him out in some totally different manner.

Amy, Sophia, Shane, Lori, Merle, Andrea, Hershel, Lizzie, Beth...

These are all main non-black characters that were killed off.

I am not saying the writers are intentionally targeting black males as some sort of racist scheme. The show hosts a broad spectrum of races and is very equal opportunity. My only point was that this seems to be a very recent trend, and as such, I predict another black guy dying soon.

First, T-Dog + the 2 black prison inmates then Bob, Tyreese, and Noah in succession. Morgan and Gabriel are the only black guys left, and Gabriel is definitely dying.

And then there's this:

yS7cYnR.jpg

^Oh look, same clothes, same shades, same ring...

Also, I agree on either Carol or Sasha dying next episode. And that lil girl with the knife was carving "W" into the log when she was chilling with Carl. She's leading the W group to the gates. Nick seems like a mole as well since he's sketchy af, always in/out of the gates, and he stole the gun Rick hid in the blender.

Good observation. But I think (hope?) that we'll see Morgan again. I guess they could flashback that story if he is dead.
And before we hear any more allegations of racism, let's remember that the zombies do most of the killing. So if anyone involved with the show is racist, it's the actual zombies.
(For the overly serious, that was a joke)

I don't think the writers are good enough or deliberate enough to build a racist plot. It would be way more work than milking their ****ty storyline cash cow.

And then there's this:

yS7cYnR.jpg

^Oh look, same clothes, same shades, same ring...

Also, I agree on either Carol or Sasha dying next episode. And that lil girl with the knife was carving "W" into the log when she was chilling with Carl. She's leading the W group to the gates. Nick seems like a mole as well since he's sketchy af, always in/out of the gates, and he stole the gun Rick hid in the blender.

Damn, nice pickup on the possible Morgan pieces and the girl carving the W's.

Where those both from the last episode? I may have to go back and watch it again.

That is a good catch on the the Morgan parts. I think it is definitely modeled after his character, but not part of the story. I think the writers/creators hide stuff in the show just to entertain themselves and super observant people like you. My wife watches the talking dead, and I remember seeing one episode when they had carol on after she killed the little girl. She said that when she was doing that puzzle with tyrese, telling him that she killed his girlfriend, the puzzle was a picture her zombies daughter Sophia, I think.

I also was watching tv with my kids and the disney channel had a commercial about that movie big hero six. It was showing how there was frozen stuff hidden in that movie. I guess it is made by the same people. You guys probably already knew that though because beer making fans of the walking dead can't get enough frozen.

^There has been much discussion about how Rick is basically turning into Shane. Shane was way ahead of the game plan at the time.

The problem is that even though they are both strong leaders, they both put the group at risk with stupid emotional decisions instead of a rational, calculated game plan.

In Rick's defense, he's not entirely wrong, he's just doing a lot of this for the wrong reason. Rick certainly isn't wrong that Pete will eventually kill Jessie and/or their kid (forgot the name offhand) unless someone stops him, that's usually the eventual result of an abusive spouse. Rick isn't wrong that banishing people is a bad idea, that just means there's a bunch of people outside the walls that hate you and that may have friends on the inside (possibly Carl's crush, Enid, for example). Rick isn't wrong that the best way to stop abuse is to separate the abuser from the abused. And Rick isn't wrong that a post-zombie society can't afford to jail people for long periods of time, food and water are vital resources and aren't infinite. Where Rick is wrong is the reason he's going to such extremes, namely that he wants to have a relationship with Jessie and he's not going about it in the right way. It's one of those "He's right, but for the wrong reasons" sort of situations.

As a side note, the more I think about it, the more I think that when Rick said he wouldn't do this for anyone else to Jessie, I think he means that he wouldn't risk exile and his position in this way for anyone else; not that he wouldn't help anyone else who was being abused.

What hit me was the the contrast between Rick's speech at the prison when the Gov showed up, and his speech in the last episode. He was full of hope for humanity at the prison, where he now trusts no one. He told the prison intruders to "drop their weapons and come through the gates" to be one of them, similar to how the Alexandrites took in Rick & Co. His group is now the only people he trusts, and rightfully so.

His demeanor has definitely changed. I like to refer to Rick as pulling a Walter White. He broke bad. He is no longer the nice guy trying to appease everyone. He is the poster child for Darwin's Theory of Evolution.

Everyone in Alexandria has survived due to luck. They wouldnt last a week outside the walls. Rick and his group have not only luck, but skills, competentcy, and heart. I love seeing Rick in this light. They should have slowed down the montage of Rick hitting Dr ********* and played "No More Mr Nice Guy" in the background.

I feel like every time Rick gets in a fist fight he gets his ass kicked. Shane, The Governor almost beat him to death the porch dick more than held his own.

I feel like every time Rick gets in a fist fight he gets his ass kicked. Shane, The Governor almost beat him to death the porch dick more than held his own.

No sh*t!

As they fought, I kind of judged it like an MMA match, and Rick was losing. No control. I remember telling my wife, if Rick is going to fight without a gun, he might want to pick up some BJJ lessons (that floccin town seems to have everything else!)

I was a little puzzled about the progress of the fight, considering Rick's experience. But I also realize that the other guy is much bigger, and full of his own rage. I also think that Rick was not reacting like a trained officer, but wildly pissed off. I've seen guys lose their self control in a fight. Part of it is that the other guy has had it so good since the apocalypse, and doesn't appreciate his wife. Rick's loss makes that harder for him to bear.

Rick's a tiny dude. I've thought from the beginning that Rick was an odd choice for the lead character, especially the more physical confrontations he has.

If he were always kicking ass easily, it would be harder to believe. I'm glad they're at least realistic in this sense, with not having him always win, or at least not easily so. Skills and experience count a lot in fighting... But so does physical size, which is why there are weight classes in boxing, wrestling, MMA, etc.

If physical size determined the dominant, tyreese wouldn't have been such a wuss.

When Tyreese wanted to, he could kick a lot of ass. Remember that horde of walkers he hammered through last season? Not to mention him hulking out on Terminus baby threatener guy and the zombies around the shack. Tyreese's problem was that he didn't have any killer instinct, physically he could get things done when he put his mind to it.

When Tyreese wanted to, he could kick a lot of ass. Remember that horde of walkers he hammered through last season? Not to mention him hulking out on Terminus baby threatener guy and the zombies around the shack. Tyreese's problem was that he didn't have any killer instinct, physically he could get things done when he put his mind to it.

Thank you. You just accentuated my point. The guy was an absolute hulk. But it didn't make him the dominating force he could have been.

Thank you. You just accentuated my point. The guy was an absolute hulk. But it didn't make him the dominating force he could have been.

Misread your line there, I thought it only referred to fighting. Yeah, in group dynamics, Tyreese was more of a follower/adviser.

I was always rooting for Shane over Rick because Rick was living in a world that no longer existed. On that note they should just strong arm Alexandria. It's the only way

Wow!!!! What a way to end the season!!

What really pisses me off though is all the commercials. I guarantee they made the finale 90 minutes just so they could add an extra 15 minutes of commercials knowing there would be 15 million plus viewers.

Yep. Pretty cool. Sasha goes Full Metal Jacket, Rick goes A Few Good Men, Gabriel's gone bye bye, what have you got Egon? But Glen should have capped that loser. It's all fun and games until you shoot me. Then the gloves are off.

Whoa.

Morgan is The Book of Eli.

The show has turned to be about a survival city instead of a band of nomads. But for how long? How hard core will Alexandria become?

I wonder if the Wolves realize three people defeated their trap. And did Daryl and Aaron not notice the cans on strings?

PS
I'd bone Scarol.

Latest posts

Back