The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im curious to see what happens with Maggie now. I've said it before on here but I have this theory that either Glenn or Maggie are going to die at the end of this season (or at least of the end of the series). The foreshadowing of Maggie burning her picture saying Glenn will never need a picture of her again and Glenn nearly getting his head bashed in at the beginning of the season. I think Maggie is going to have some sort of breakdown and eventually do something irrational that will put her in a dangerous situation. Then Glenn is going to try and rescue her and one of them will meet their end. That's my head cannon anyway.

Im curious to see what happens with Maggie now. I've said it before on here but I have this theory that either Glenn or Maggie are going to die at the end of this season (or at least of the end of the series). The foreshadowing of Maggie burning her picture saying Glenn will never need a picture of her again and Glenn nearly getting his head bashed in at the beginning of the season. I think Maggie is going to have some sort of breakdown and eventually do something irrational that will put her in a dangerous situation. Then Glenn is going to try and rescue her and one of them will meet their end. That's my head cannon anyway.

SWMBO and I have been betting on this for a while too, probably Glenn. The scene with burning the photo was just too ominous.

Seems like Beth was the "safe" character to kill off last night. For much of the last couple seasons she has been in the background, if not totally absent. She wouldn't be missed as much as the rest of the group that went to Grady.

I also think they should have left that jackass preacher out for zombie brunch.

Seriously.

Because of that butt munch they lost their hide out.

Although I don't know why they just stood there staring at the church like they suddenly forgot they are good at running away and killing zombies.

Guess it was to set up super ginger's save the day moment.

Well, till February...... :tank:

Well, she was safer to kill than Daryl. There'd be riots if that happened. Carol would have been too obvious. Oh, kill the wounded gazelle. How passe.

I really enjoyed the midseason finale, I know it' a controversial one, but I loved it for a lot of reasons.

1. That opening sequence - Any time Rick takes care of business, it's a good episode. He told the man to stop, he didn't stop and he was merciful enough to shoot the guy instead of letting the walkers kill him. Some people online said he should have gotten out and tried to haul him in since he was still cuffed, but try doing that with a horde of zombies on your ass and you're just going to be zombie lunch. Great one-liner too, simple but concise "Shut up."

2. The preacher isn't as dumb as we thought he was - A lot of folks didn't quite pick up on this, but Gabriel wanted to know that the people he was with weren't psychopathic murderers; so he went to check. Gabriel got his proof, he gets it now and you can see that in how, at the end of the episode, he's comfortable holding that machete. I also think he's seriously questioning his faith now, which should be interesting.

3. That line "They're close." Nothing quite sends a message like a zombie getting shot from an unknown direction and a calm, simple two words to get someone to take you seriously.

4. Beth was dumb and that's consistent - A lot of folks were puzzled by Beth's actions; while I'm not sure if Beth just failed to kill Dawn and meant to or if she was doing something even dumber, at least the character is consistent. Since her introduction in season 2 Beth has made terrible decisions, from trying to kill herself to trying to drink herself into a stupor (a lot of people forget that the whole reason Beth got caught and Daryl got stuck with the child rapists was her selfish actions) Beth never made good decisions, and that makes a lot of sense for a character that is 17. For those that are curious for a comics comparison, Beth in the comics was already dead at this point (prison casualty) and she was never much of an interesting character in the comic book series, so from that perspective they've actually made her character better. I feel really bad for the actress, it's pretty obvious she's shaken up by being off the series and she made some really close friends; but if the story calls for it, it calls for it.

5. Rick is the smartest bastard in the room- Admittedly, this is more or less a summation for the entire first half of season 5, but the last two episodes showcased it. The prisoner exchange worked...sort of, but it could be argued that it would have gone a lot better if Rick and company went all Rambo, Rick was probably right on that. The difference is that Rick is finding that balance, he's willing to try a different idea, at least to a point, if only because it keeps the group feeling confident in his leadership. We saw the same thing with Terminus, had the group gone back to wipe out the Termies, Bob might not have lost his leg and maybe things could have turned out differently overall. Splitting the group to head to DC? Also a bad idea, but Rick wasn't going to butt heads with Abraham like he did with Shane. I feel like the season has hit home the reason why Rick is the leader of the group, when he's at his best he sniffs out plots and traps before they ever happen and 99% of the time he makes the best decision possible. As long as Rick is willing to hear the other side of things and doesn't try to be a dictator, he does well.

There is an online petition going around to bring Beth back as a character. Short of adding a few flashbacks in future episodes, I'm kinda curious how they expect this to be accomplished. A gunshot through the brain is usually pretty final.

There is an online petition going around to bring Beth back as a character. Short of adding a few flashbacks in future episodes, I'm kinda curious how they expect this to be accomplished. A gunshot through the brain is usually pretty final.

Yep, we won't even get to see Zombie Beth after a bullet to the brain. I'd think there would be a possibility of a flash back with Beth during the midseason premier like they did with Hershel, but that would be it. I don't think she was a strong enough character to warrant any further flashbacks.

Yeah, the character didn't have much depth to begin with, and given that they've already filmed the rest of the season it's not happening. Could they have done more with her? Perhaps, but either way "there's no going back" as Gareth and Rick have said.

I didnt expect a death this soon but I guess that's why the shows so good it keeps you guessing. They are about to meet the devil himself soon

Ha! When Bob kept saying it worked out like it had to, like it always was going to, I was thinking, "Yeah. The black guy dies. This is a horror show, after all."

But really, Beth, the two blond girls, Hershel, Merl, The Governor, Shane, the cop lady- lots o white folks dying up in here.

Eventually one of the close group members will turn and eat another member. Thought it would happen last season, but I am doubling down on 2015.

Hated to see another member of the group go so soon. Seeing Beth go was tough,Tyrese I thought would be there for a while. I thought sure Carol might buy it next.Seriously when it's best is not about walkers but other groups.Gov's group,Terminus,Termites at the church,Hospital nazis.Walkers are just a distraction at this point

Why did Tyreese look like he was angry when he was staring at the picture of the twin boys? I didn't get that part...

Hated to see another member of the group go so soon. Seeing Beth go was tough,Tyrese I thought would be there for a while. I thought sure Carol might buy it next.Seriously when it's best is not about walkers but other groups.Gov's group,Terminus,Termites at the church,Hospital nazis.Walkers are just a distraction at this point

The walkers are mindless and predictable the remaing survivors are the real threat that's been clear since probably season 2.

I really want Carl and Judith to live, just so I can the 20 years later show. One kid who was raised in the zombie apocalypse, but is old enough to remember life before, and another who was born into it, with no memory of life before.

I think the preacher will be the next present group member to die.

And what's up with the zombies having their arms and legs cut off, but heads left on torsos? Some kind of Mishone zombiflage?

I may have stayed in that neighborhood, at least for a little while. Sure, the wall was busted, but it had sound houses standing, good roads, probably some food, water, fuel and weapons. But that's not how the show works.

Why did Tyreese look like he was angry when he was staring at the picture of the twin boys? I didn't get that part...

I think he was angry about what the zombie apocalypse had taken from them, and maybe that he felt like he could or should do more about it.

I also noticed all the dead? walkers chopped off at the waist. Not sure what that's about.Also let's not forget that the worst immoral, not mentally ill ,racist was left to turn.Merle was a definite message about race.

There's a reason the wall was knocked down, houses were burned and everyone is dead.

Prob another band of marauders. For some reason they don't finish the dead off. Only remove the arms and legs to make them safer.

You wanna hang around and meet these folks?

Seriously, they need to find a warship to live on. Even a museum ship. Like the Intrepid in I Am Legend.

There's a reason the wall was knocked down, houses were burned and everyone is dead.

Prob another band of marauders. For some reason they don't finish the dead off. Only remove the arms and legs to make them safer.

You wanna hang around and meet these folks?

Seriously, they need to find a warship to live on. Even a museum ship. Like the Intrepid in I Am Legend.

I could see that.

Beth and Tyrese gone in back to back episodes. Just goes to show that the good can't survive anymore. Can't wait for Morgan to catch up to the group.

I think that the type of people they will be running into will require the group to take the Rick Grimes mindset. (You are messing with the wrong people) The zombies in the back of the truck had a W etch in their foreheads.

I just caught up on both episodes. A bit slow mostly, odd too. But they do know how to keep you guessing. I suppose the guy (Aaron?) who showed up at the end may have some connection to the half zombies. I just thought there was a 50% off sale. (ba-dump-bump)
I didn't notice the "w". Does that mean that GW Bush cut them in half? Or were they just staunch supporters? (Don't get all crazy on me here)
The big thing I wonder is why would anyone go to a city in any plague? I guess I'm over-thinking TV. But isn't the coast of Georgia full of...islands? Find a small one with no bridge, clear the walkers, end the series. Thank you. Plus, wasn't DC always full of zombies?

I hope Aaron and whatever "group" he is part isn't just another bunch of cannibals or led by a psycho. That story is getting old.

What if Aaron's group are the "good" people, but it's Rick and crew who end up being the nutjobs? I mean look at our group. Everyone is just about coming apart at the seams.

And it wouldn't be much of a stretch. Every group they have come across so far has been destroyed.

Back