The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I notice the things like the magic shotgun and the accuracy, but to me it doesn't detract from the story. I usually get a bit of a laugh out of it. It is a zombie story, afterall. The entire premise is laughable. You gotta pretty much take it all with a grain of salt to be able to watch and enjoy it.

Would it have made any difference if they had only been hitting a few shots but the same characters got eaten or escaped? I think not.

Are my posts in this thread going unnoticed? Seriously....

....I don't know how, I actually would have said that I really enjoy your posts.

SORRY!!!!!!

I retract my previous incoherencies and will activate my time machine in an attempt to go back and make me look less stupid.....carry on.

Ah yeah, SWMBO learned the spoiler alert at work and had to share it.

Actually it makes me more excited knowing that this chick really knows what she's doing.

And Revvy, my bad. I was just being silly.

cheezydemon3 said:
Ahhh there I go AGAIN!!!!

I want to know, but I guess I don't want a spoiler.

Thenks Revvy.

In my previous post I explain this phenomenon and only this one if you want a less spoiler filled explanation

In my previous post I explain this phenomenon and only this one if you want a less spoiler filled explanation

are you f()cking with me?

another one?

i will just replace my avatar with a gigantic FAIL poster.

Excuse me while I meticulously re-read this whole thread.

Thanks rifraf.

WIFE*. See honey u should buy a shot gun like that. Yours only holds 6 shots.
ME*. It's fake, it's a tv show there's no shot gun that shoots so many shells.
WIFE*. Maybe you should think of changing bullets cus they only have to shoot the zombies once.

Well I have to give them a little credit for making it look good.

cheezydemon3 said:
are you f()cking with me?

another one?

i will just replace my avatar with a gigantic FAIL poster.

Excuse me while I meticulously re-read this whole thread.

Thanks rifraf.

Actually didn't quite explain it...

Remember in the first season how they cover themselves in zombie guts because the smell covers them up? same idea except rain won't wash the chained guys away

I think you're just supposed to know that he was reloading...In television, just because you didn't see it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

The accuracy bugs the S out of me too.
so everyone poops in the post apocalyptic world? even zombies? (they do eat- it must go somewhere)

WIFE*. See honey u should buy a shot gun like that. Yours only holds 6 shots.
ME*. It's fake, it's a tv show there's no shot gun that shoots so many shells.
WIFE*. Maybe you should think of changing bullets cus they only have to shoot the zombies once.

Well I have to give them a little credit for making it look good.

There's always the AA-12 with a 20 round Tommy gun style mag.

aa-12-combat-shotgun-frag-12-automatic.jpg

aa-12-combat-shotgun-frag-12-automatic-1.jpg

Me want one....

Last edited by a moderator:
so everyone poops in the post apocalyptic world? even zombies? (they do eat- it must go somewhere)

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

There are holes here. People are reasonably bathed, groomed, shaved (I said reasonably) some of it has to go by the wayside, or we'd be watching cavemen hitting zombies with rocks.

Oh god, I just realized, Shane, when going in for the big win at the CDC... didnt he touch her legs? He still had skin on his hand... PLOT HOLE!

I think it seems appropriate to brew a walking dead beer and let it age till season 3 airs... Hmmm...

So if a guy wants to read the comics, is there a graphic novel version out? Or am I going to have to hunt down each individual comic?

I did an Amazon search, churchie. There were just a lot of results with many volumes. I did see that result, but didn't know if that's the droid I was looking for.

Thanks for the link, reverino.

Gonna siggy that quote churchie?
(All in good fun;))

I think it seems appropriate to brew a walking dead beer and let it age till season 3 airs... Hmmm...

I like this idea I have a boat load of hops from last seasons harvest that I need to use. I think that I will dedicate the brew to Herschel's magic shot gun...Hold my IPA while I reload!:D

Oh god, I just realized, Shane, when going in for the big win at the CDC... didnt he touch her legs? He still had skin on his hand... PLOT HOLE!

Ahem....can you.....um......without...ya know....making me look stupid, point out the 34 or so posts that explain what you are talking about?

Shane.....skin on.....no, no. I don't get it.

If I'm not mistaken, they didnt have time or facilities for hygene maintenance
for something like a month, so Im thinking going in for the big win with that hosebeast would mean getting your hand grated raw on a month's worth of stubble. I just puked a little in my mouth.
Ahem....can you.....um......without...ya know....making me look stupid, point out the 34 or so posts that explain what you are talking about?

Are you guys hip to my two favorite Zombie blogs?

Quiet Earth is a blog that covers mostly Zombie and Post Apocalyptic multi media from around the world. They have trailers and video shorts of all sorts of cool looking stuff.

Tales of the Zombie War, is a really cool writing site of zombie fiction. Some of it sucks, but a lot of it is really well written.

for something like a month, so Im thinking going in for the big win with that hosebeast would mean getting your hand grated raw on a month's worth of stubble. I just puked a little in my mouth.

You just shattered my image of creamygoodness....

:off:OK Creamygoodness, stop beating your wife for not charging her cell phone for a minute. I changed my mind. Call up and apologize to the grocery sales whoever for your inexcuseable behavior!.......;)

What is the CDC?

LOL! I dont get it but it is funny. Seriously though, part of why the soap opera aspect of the show is so annoying is that it is so lacking in practicality. We are sweaty, smelly, hairy, havent had our various over the counter medicine regimens... those of us with dandruff have snowy shoulders and more of us than not have slap cheese. Yeah... we are totally gonna get caught up in the moment and keep a love triangle going...
You just shattered my image of creamygoodness....

:off:OK Creamygoodness, stop beating your wife for not charging her cell phone for a minute. I changed my mind. Call up and apologize to the grocery sales whoever for your inexcuseable behavior!.......;)

Lol, ever been camping?

Two dirty smelly unwashed people can get it on NO problem. Especially EXTENDED camping (as in a zed apocalypse)

CDC?

cheezydemon3 said:

With you on this one...I remember that scene...tried to force himself on Lori but I don't remember his hands being skinless...confused

With you on this one...I remember that scene...tried to force himself on Lori but I don't remember his hands being skinless...confused

Try and keep up.

;) Lol

He didn't have to force himself as I recall.

Something elso might be a bit chaffed too.

cheezydemon3 said:
Try and keep up.

;) Lol

He didn't have to force himself as I recall.

Something elso might be a bit chaffed too.

He definitely forced himself, she was screaming and scratched him.

Maybe I'm dumb but I'm still lost. If its because of a lack of hygiene how did people do it before current hygiene?

Someone enlighten me to what we are talking about here.

Yeah I kinda forgot about the forced nastiness aspect. Looking back, makes my point a lot less funny. Rape and Schindlers List, two things I never laugh at.

SHE jumped him outside Atlanta!!

didn't she?

Before Hygiene her stuff was long and soft....................oh hell.

GODDAMMIT HENRY22!!! How old are you? WTF brother??? Are you really 22 and don't know what happens when you dont effing shave?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Did I really have to spell that out??!??!?!?!?

Lol. I love this site.;)

:mug: no harm brother.

Do you really think a little funk is going to keep a guy from hitting it when he has the chance?

SHE jumped him outside Atlanta!!

didn't she?

Before Hygiene her stuff was long and soft....................oh hell.

GODDAMMIT HENRY22!!! How old are you? WTF brother??? Are you really 22 and don't know what happens when you dont effing shave?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Did I really have to spell that out??!??!?!?!?

Lol. I love this site.;)

:mug: no harm brother.

Haha I understand what you are saying, it just doesnt make sense to me. Sure no one is going to enjoy that but considering everything else going on, a little stubble is the least of your worries.

Back