The REAL meaning of "Growler"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bru

Reaction score
Your beer trivia for the day : .........

In the US a "growler" is a large glass bottle often used to store beer - correct ?
In South Africa the word "Growler" is used to describe a certain part of the female anatomy. For instance, when one is frequenting a strip joint it is customary to shout : "show us your growler ! show us your growler !" :tank:

We'd also use growler in that context in Ireland in a lot of cases.
as in "did you see the growler on that Carmen Elektra? but she's had so much traffic it'd be like throwing a sausage up O'Connell Street".

I lol'd. :D

Bru: You are correct that Americans use "growler" as the name for a glass jug.
I've also heard it used to describe dogs prone to growling at people, but I've never heard it used to describe anatomy; til now.

EoinMag: That's just damned FUNNY! :mug:
Kind of makes me wonder about all the various terms from all the various languages & cultures that are used to describe the same thing.
Regards, GF.

Your beer trivia for the day : .........

In the US a "growler" is a large glass bottle often used to store beer - correct ?
In South Africa the word "Growler" is used to describe a certain part of the female anatomy. For instance, when one is frequenting a strip joint it is customary to shout : "show us your growler ! show us your growler !" :tank:

Its the 21st century....you can say the word Vagina.

Vagina, Vagina, Vagina.

Same in England, imagine how much I used to giggle when people ordered them when I worked over there.

I can just imagine some "Borat"-like guy walking into an American or English bar & politely asking:
"Ay woot lake vajayna fool wit bear plees." :drunk:

strat_thru_marshall said:
"So I shudder to think applying what is essentially a yeast delivery system would do to that area."

hah!

Funny, but Saccharomyces is not Candida. Although, I seem to remember some talk on this board in the past about brewing with some lady's, uh... Candida "culture" :D

Latest posts

Back