The Pursuit Of Happiness

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigliver

Reaction score
My father in law noticed some bubbling coming from the laundry room the other day and he stuck his head in to see what was happening. He saw 40 gallons worth of ale in various states of ferment and conditioning.

"Why do you NEED so much beer?!?!" he exclaimed.

"The Pursuit of Happiness" I says to him ...

A have a name for my next ale.

:)

Haha! I will get that from time to time when they ask what I have brewing right now, and I rambling off batch after batch. I always say "duh, because I'm going to run out". Kind of an on going joke between SWMBO and me.

This is an obvious rimshot - but I can't resist.

You could have substituted an "o" and had the perfect comeback (and name for your next ale).

However, your response was just fine. I had 3 batches in various stages of fermentation a while ago. A co-worker asked me "how much beer do you need?" I told him that when I discovered the answer to that question he would be the first that I called.

I haven't called. In fact, 2/3 of that beer is gone, so obviously I needed more.

i've been asked that when i say i have 15 gallons kegged and 20 g aging. i just say that it sure ain't gonna go to waste

"Why do you NEED so much beer?!?!" he exclaimed.

"Take a look at your daughter"

Then, duck and run.

;)

Back