The Price Experiment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a team of people lowering prices and we should have the best delivered price soon. While we can't have the lowest price on everything (especially if we are not comparing the same items - different brands of grain)
your total bill for delivered goods should be less.

Forrest

What is the total of your bill including shipping?
If you were just looking at the hops:
MW......5 x $3.25 + $9.56 Shipping = $25.81
AHS......5 x $4.49 + $6.99 Shipping = $29.44

But one of the other items I'm looking for is Pacman yeast and MW doesn't carry it. So now I have to decide if it's worth it to split the order up. It would probably be cheaper to get everything from you, but paying $4.49 for an ounce of hops just doesn't seem right.
:(

But it's really my fault for wanting to brew an IPA during a hop shortage.
:D

You could look at buying some larger hop quantities from Freshops to have on hand. THEN you can shop the HBS of your liking since hops are varying in price from $2 an ounce to over $4....

You could look at buying some larger hop quantities from Freshops to have on hand.
Love to pick up a pound, but I've always had better luck with pellets (especially storage) and Freshops doesn't have them. I keep checking Hops Direct, but they still don’t have the Amarillo pellets.

Dang... I used to use only pellets, but for the price, I have switched over to leaf.

Or you can tell me the total of your order including the shipping so I can see what I can do. The price overhaul will take a long time to complete. I am working on it as we speak.

I can't have the best price on everything but I am working on having the best total delivered price.

Consider it like grocery shopping. One place has the cheapest bread and one has the cheapest Peanut Butter and one has the cheapest jelly. It is practical to shop where you have the best overall price.

We should have the best price on the Pacman yeast. Let me know.

Forrest

Just scored a pound of Amarillo pellets from Hops Direct for $30.00.

YOU, sir, are my SAVIOR. I have been refreshing H.D. for the past month, waiting for Amarillo pellets to finally pop up, and I had all but given up....

I've got 1# Amarillo and 1# UK Fuggles on the way!!! I'll be set for another year!!!!

I LOVE HOPS! HOPS HOPS HOPS! :D

We must have similar tastes. I picked up a pound of Fuggles a few weeks ago.

Hehehe... similar tastes indeed! Last year's order was Amarillo, US Goldings, and Hersbrucker...... but I still have more than a pound left, out of the one pound of Hersbrucker that I ordered. :confused:

Too bad they aren't "fat" pounds this year. The Centennial I ordered back in July was exactly 16 ounces. Oh well, I don't blame them for finally upgrading their scales. It was sweet while it lasted.

Too bad they aren't "fat" pounds this year. The Centennial I ordered back in July was exactly 16 ounces.
This is getting spooky. I ordered Centennial from them in July also. Must have gotten lucky though. Came in at around 1.2 lbs.

LOL. Spooky is quite right!!!!! What can I say, a Centen-arillo IPA sounded mighty tasty!

Recently made an online purchase for my next 4 batches through my own comparison shopping. I thought it might be fitting to this thread to share.

online_order.jpg

I did not sub-total Morebeer since they didn't have the hops I needed. At that point they were no longer considered for the order due to their hop selection.

Back