The new owner of Czech Budvar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After AB stealing their name back in the 1800s, to decades of legal battles that Budvar could ill afford, the final deed is now done. :(

That's it....someone is going to start a fire. :eek: but you didn't hear that, especially from me.

Not entirely accurate. There are two Czech Budweiser breweries. A-B InBev bought the smaller one. The non-Czechvar/Budvar one, but it still imports the non-Czechvar/Budvar one.

Oh Thank God, I don't have to scratch Budvar off of my Budvar mug! I tell everyone that comes over to my house that that's the real budweiser.

I was just watching an episode of Beer Hunter again this morning about Budwiser Budvar,as it says on there label. The one in Prague. So is it Czechvar Budvar or Budwiser Budvar? I remember reading a story about Adolphus Bush being in a city called Budvise that made it. get's confusing...:drunk:

Back