The more I drunk, the more I like.........

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Does this ever happen to you? You drink a "couple two tree beers" and then every song on the radio (or pandora) is the BEST SONG EVER!?!?!

Van Morrison, Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen, John Lennon, Neil Young, etc.
all speak to me in a profound and new way.

Not just them, but Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley, Robert Plant, and so on.

I ended up saying "This is the best songwriter EVER" about all of them.

(ps. It took me 20 minutes to type all this, so stfu about the typos. I drink. Get over it).

Definitely have that experience once in a while. Like you said, a song comes on that just really seems to strike a chord. Even if it's a song I'm quite familiar with, I hear things in it I hadn't heard before.

What your describing reminds me of being in college and experimenting with certain elicit substances. ;) We'd stay up all night talking, thinking we were having profound revelations about the nature of life, the universe, etc... until we made the mistake of taping our conversation one night, and realized we weren't as profound as we thought.

I've never heard so many incomplete thoughts uttered with such conviction before or since :)

Should have left well enough alone.

Ps typos, shmypos! It's the weekend! :D

Peter Frampton. :)

Van Morrison already was the greatest, before being drunk.

The similar threads list for this topic deserves a chuckle, for sure.

Exactly how many is a "couple two three beers"?

You are so obviously NOT from Wisconsin or the UP!

A couple two tree beers is more than one but less than however many it takes for you to not be able to leave the bar upright (and it's TREE beers. I have no idea why, since we can say "th" here, but trust me- it's tree beers. Not a typo there).

I thought it might be tRee...
My daughter lives in Kenosha and told me yesterday that she is mortified at having picked up the accent...
You betcha.

Tom petty is the best anyways. I always have the feeling that the floor of apartments must be the most comfortable surface ever invented while drinking. So I totally know what you're talking about/I've been drinking tonight!:tank:

I once WROTE the best song ever when I was druk...at least I wrote it in my head while I was walking back the 5 or 6 blocks to my car from the brew pub on my 30th birthday. I had the whole thing laid out in my head....it had everything that needed to go into the perfect song, it was amazing, worthy of Dylan and the boss at their best and I was going to write it down as soon as I got to the car, and send it to them and then kick back and wait for my grammy for best songwriter on the planet EVER....

But I think I had to stop and throwup in an alley about a block from my car. And damn if I didn't puke out all the words at the same time. Because by the time I got to the car it was gone......

Yoop, I tend to REALLY enjoy most songs whilst having beers. usually takes "more den tree" for me to get there though.

My dad is a Yooper. He'll get a kick outta this tomorrow after we've both had a couple two tree beers. ;)

Does this ever happen to you? You drink a "couple two tree beers" and then every song on the radio (or pandora) is the BEST SONG EVER!?!?!

That's funny. We say "tree" for three down in south Louisiana too.

If I say I've only had "a couple two tree" beers, it's really at least five, maybe seven. You know you're having a great time when you start dancin' to Molly Hatchet.

Van Morrison, Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen, John Lennon, Neil Young, etc.
all speak to me in a profound and new way.

Not just them, but Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley, Robert Plant, and so on.

I ended up saying "This is the best songwriter EVER" about all of them.

(ps. It took me 20 minutes to type all this, so stfu about the typos. I drink. Get over it).

Great songwriters maybe, but you left out Bob Dylan. Great performers, definitely.

Happy Saturday, Yoop. I'm digging Miles Davis tonight.

Happy Saturday, Yoop. I'm digging Miles Davis tonight.

+1 to Miles (if you have never heard him, check out Jose James. Best jazz vocalist I've heard in ages, smooth brooklyn jazz man)

I think we all hear different things under different mental states and moods.

My lovely wife and I graduated college yesterday, brewed 8 cases for the party (they did some serious damage to that pile-o-beer :tank:), and I gotta say I had the same experience Yoop...every song played was the perfect soundtrack to the evening, or conversation, or feeling of elation or relief or sheer euphoria or anticipated homesickness at the thought of moving off for grad school (I'm 33, not some punk kid :D, still...)

Only drank a few bloody marys tonight but I'm probably still legally drunk from last night :mug:

So . . . how's the head this morning?
Loud music still sound'n good?
:cross::drunk::eek:

Funny you should ask. It was YOUR beer that put me over the edge. We really liked that chinook/willamette beer! I felt pretty good going to bed, but I woke up at 1:30 AM with the awareness that I was drunk. I was hungover by about 3 AM. Aside from a headache and some inability to move fast right now, I'm ok. The coffee is even being consumed very slowly.

Oh, and there is no music, TV, and even the computer speakers are OFF just in case. Bob is typing on his computer pretty loudly, though. I think he knows I'm hungover and is trying to hurt me! :p

I'm feeling guilty. Did the same thing to my wife last night.
Kept giving her pints of Winter Wheat until the room spun.
Had a couple of neighbors over too. Good thing they walked home.
Hey, it's what I do. :eek:

Even if you're being sarcastic, I want to hurt your face. That kid's name should never have appeared on this site.

Amen...May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your pubic hair and the bacteria of a thousand strains infect your brewery :D

OK, that might be a little harsh, but still...

Amen...May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your pubic hair and the bacteria of a thousand strains infect your brewery :D

OK, that might be a little harsh, but still...

There there. It's okay. Sometimes you have to be overtly harsh on someone to make sure the message is clear.

You drink a "couple two tree beers"

LOL! I didn't need a translation! I knew EXACTLY what she meant! Yessiree youbetcha don'tcha one time der hey!

You left out pink floyd, which is very good drinking music.

Nope. Floyd is for stoners. I haven't been into them since high school.

I like most of the moldy oldies when I get a good buzz on. John Mellonhead, Boston, Aerosmith, Jethro Tull, and on and on and on......

A couple two tree beers is more than one but less than however many it takes for you to not be able to leave the bar upright (and it's TREE beers. I have no idea why, since we can say "th" here, but trust me- it's tree beers. Not a typo there).

That's a South Side Chicago thing, too. It must have something to do with the Celtic/Scot influence both here and da UP!

Here in the land of no accent we somehow get a ton of people that say Warshington.

Not enough beer in Germany to get me that drunk. Boston and Queen were good, Queen for more than one album. Boston really only made one album, then regurgitated it twice. Freddy always had brews on the piano...and tulips on the organ...oooooohhhhhhh!

Groan...

I agree about Boston. I like their stuff, but the sound is so similar that I get tired of it pretty quickly. But if I were pretty drunk, I'd probably think they rocked it hard.

Have to disagree about Boston, here. Burned out on Boston years ago and they're pretty much the only band that makes me hit the next preset on my radio when I'm listening to one of the classic rock stations. Mindless formulaic pop-rock crap.

Queen was fantastic though.

Oh I agree on being burned out on Boston, but that first record was really good before it got played to death. The other two records just diluted the first one. Since I never listen to music on the radio I haven't heard it in a while so I can tolerate it.

It's difficult to maintain perspective after all the years. Van Halen's first record was very different from anything before it but now it's just another hard rock record. Hendrix doesn't sound so revolutionary all these years later, etc.

Back