The Late Night Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I strip and wax the floors at night so I told everybody I was a stripper, now I got transferred I have to do nightime maintenwnce

I have to go to work Sunday night so I stay up all day Sunday, go to work for 8 hours, then stay up until around noon. I do this every Sunday, pretty much stay up 24-27 hrs straight. I tried taking a nap in the afternoon but it just seems to be a waste of a Sunday afternoon and the nap ws usually forced.

Friday night is terrible too (except for I don't have to work) because I get up 8-9pm then try not to stay up all night and try to get in bed by 2am...3am latest, so I don't sleep all day Saturday. Messed up.

Friday I will get up around 5pm and go to bed around 4am. Saturday I get up at noon and go to bed around 3 am .sunday I will get up around noon and than stay up till 9am monday
Heading to work soon shift starts in little over 2 hours

I have to go to work Sunday night so I stay up all day Sunday, go to work for 8 hours, then stay up until around noon. I do this every Sunday, pretty much stay up 24-27 hrs straight. I tried taking a nap in the afternoon but it just seems to be a waste of a Sunday afternoon and the nap ws usually forced.

Friday night is terrible too (except for I don't have to work) because I get up 8-9pm then try not to stay up all night and try to get in bed by 2am...3am latest, so I don't sleep all day Saturday. Messed up.

Ugh. I tried all sorts of sleep schedule tricks like that when I would switch to one overnight from days each month. Never worked. Wound up just sleeping in a little on that Friday and then crashing that Saturday morning. Made for a sucky Saturday, getting up in the middle of the day and feeling all wonked.

The other thing is on holiday weekends our boss usually lets us out early. So guys working days get out early in the afternoon I get out like 3-4 am. I know it is isn't his fault and he is trying to do his best but when I get out that early there is little to do but watch sucky early morning TV programs by myself in the dark...alone....quietly

jgln said:
The other thing is on holiday weekends our boss usually lets us out early. So guys working days get out early in the afternoon I get out like 3-4 am. I know it is isn't his fault and he is trying to do his best but when I get out that early there is little to do but watch sucky early morning TV programs by myself in the dark...alone....quietly

That sounds like a good excuse for few extra pints of homebrew.

I am so tired. Just started a new sleep pattern, a bad habit and not intentionally and I can't snap out of it. Maybe a transition stage?

I now come home from work in the morning, stay up for a few hours, get very tired, lay down and fall asleep for about 2 hours then get up again then stay up way too late in the afternoon then go back to bed and get up for work and spend the rest of the night so tired. I get home and repeat the process, wearing me out.

Maybe I am transitioning to going home and going straight to bed instead of staying up until noon??

I have always worked days and this shift is really fighting with my internal clock. At least that is what I believe.

If you are bored please go read about my chickens that got killed this morning in "got chickens" I am so pissed, the more I think about it, it was probably a rat snake that got them. What now??? They were so cute, now just the 2 little ones and 2 old ladies.

If you are bored please go read about my chickens that got killed this morning in "got chickens" I am so pissed, the more I think about it, it was probably a rat snake that got them. What now??? They were so cute, now just the 2 little ones and 2 old ladies.

That sucks.

I'm still reimporting my CD collection. I have over 21 days of music (total) on disc. I've re-imported 6.3 days...

Damn iTunes.

BTW, it's 2:05AM right now. I have to wake up for work at 9AM. Thankfully I'm just sitting in on a class and not teaching it. I'll be teaching it in 3 weeks.

Just after 3 here, halfway through the shift. Anxious to get home cause I got a batch of mead to degas and than to sit for couple.days and into the bottles for aging, hopefully it will be ready right around xmas

Back