The hopefully not obnoxious wood fired brick oven build thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enough with the killing me about the bathroom. I'm about to kill the contractor already, I don't need to be encouraged.

Besides, we had a toilet, a sink and a shower. Show me where it says they all need to be in the same room. (Or in the case of the shower, actually inside the house)

The airline offered a private jet to bring it back but she left it at my house till next year.

This is the same airline that left me in San Diego in June, by cancelling a flight and then not having any other flights for several days. And on my way home this time, sent me a text while I was in the air about "rebooking my flights". Then, when I went to the gate, there was no plane. Oh, the sign said "BOARDING" and I ran the entire way, but there was no plane. No. Plane.

Now, I'm no employee of Delta, but even I know that when there is No. Plane. at the gate or even in the vicinity, we are not boarding. After Bob left to go to the airport to pick me up at my planned destination, I was told that there was No. Plane. But they would try to find a plane. And then we would board the plane. When they found one.

I told the gate agent that I was not happy, and she smirked. I think she agreed that I didn't look Happy. I probably more resembled Dopey or Sleepy after arising at 3:30 AM to travel. I dunno, maybe Grumpy. But not Sneezy, as I'm a germaphobe except for cheese.

Still, there was no plane. No breakfast (it was 11 AM central by then), no lunch, no beer, nothing. So, Delta brought a drink cart and offered soft drinks and pretzels. Seriously, at the gate in Minneapolis, she was pushing the beverage cart.

Delta sucks. Bad. And it is the only airline servicing our area, within 250 miles.

It was at that point that I fondly recalled Paul's awesome pizza oven and the great time I had making pizza. I would have killed for a piece of burnt raw pizza at that point.

You all don't know how good you have it. You had beer.

Yes, patiently waiting for you to show up.

You weren't there, so I had to accept the Masstoberfest Cup since no one else would.

I can't believe I missed a chance to meet THE Yooper. After all the stories Paul and Bird have told over the years not one mention that you were going to be there.

Not that it would have made a difference but it would have been nice to see everyone. I was debating coming and bringing my boy, but him seeing Pauls house on fire would have raised too many questions. "Dad, why was that large man burning all that food?" "What is that awful smell?"

Your assuming that I read all the dribble this thread and the other has. If id read all this and the football thread, I feel that I'm dumber than normal and that's pretty dumb.

I hate to bust your bubble but you condensed a six hour brew day into three hours of agony so that you could go to the opera. You are WAY dumber than normal

Honestly, I have read this thread. I honestly wish I lived up there and could play with you folks. I will do an oven, have already done the base. But not sure I will start a thread on it here. Maybe just will stick to Forno Bravo for the build! Lol

And I'm curious. How can Paul screw up a pizza when you are cooking in a 600 degree radiant oven? Lol. I expected to see roasts, bread, and chickens coming out of it by now :)

Baking is science and chemistry. Baking formulas for the dough use percentages with the flower being 100%. so if for example you had 100 g of flour a 50% hydration would be 50 g of water a 60% hydration would obviously be 60 g of water. For today's Joe I used a 62% hydration hoping to still have plenty of gluten for structure but with the increased water on have more of a stretch and I could get a thinner crust. M

Baking is science and chemistry. Baking formulas for the dough use percentages with the flower being 100%. so if for example you had 100 g of flour a 50% hydration would be 50 g of water a 60% hydration would obviously be 60 g of water. For today's Joe I used a 62% hydration hoping to still have plenty of gluten for structure but with the increased water on have more of a stretch and I could get a thinner crust. M

Thanks for the lesson. Then again, those of us that actually make edible pizza already knew that...

You're a master jackass

Any further questions regarding DIY projects like pizza oven building and dough making should be directed towards the internationally recognized authorities in those fields, AZ and Cape. You know, the Internet experts who haven't actually done jack **** but talk out of their azz at any available opportunity.

Any further questions regarding DIY projects like pizza oven building and dough making should be directed towards the internationally recognized authorities in those fields, AZ and Cape. You know, the Internet experts who haven't actually done jack **** but talk out of their azz at any available opportunity.

That would actually be helpful, you have contact information for them?

... methinks Paulie's skin is starting to wear a bit thin. Maybe he needs some positive reinforcement! Paulie, the brisket, the pork, and the Buffalo Turds were all excellent. Good job!

I really think the weather played a part as well- we had 100% humidity and cold. If it had been a little nicer day, I bet the dough would have stretched better.

Remember that even though we are still giving you a ton of ****, that pizza was scarfed up immediately as it came out of the oven.

... methinks Paulie's skin is starting to wear a bit thin. Maybe he needs some positive reinforcement! Paulie, the brisket, the pork, and the Buffalo Turds were all excellent. Good job!

Best turds, ever. For sure. The brisket and pork were fantastic as well. I think standing in line at Franklin's inspired your brisket. It was great.

Latest posts

Back