The Great 2007 HBT Belly Off Competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm well I'm up to 180 now. I bet I get 10lbs more by the end of next month which will put me at my normal summer weight, which is actually heavier than in the winter because I work out a lot more.

Just though I'd be a smart ass.

How's everybody doing with the contest? I haven't heard any talk of this for a while, so I thought maybe you guys were getting discouraged. Has anybody lost at least 25 pounds so far?

Just got weighed at the hospital I have lost a whooping 5 pounds. So is getting my gallbladder out next week considered cheating? Do I need to find out how much it weighs to add that back in?:p

Ryanh1801 said:
Just got weighed at the hospital I have lost a whooping 5 pounds. So is getting my gallbladder out next week considered cheating? Do I need to find out how much it weighs to add that back in?:p

How much gall do you have in you?

Ryanh1801 said:

How'd that go?

gallbladder.jpg

pretty good, they did not have to do it open so im grateful for that. But the pain meds made me very sick so I had to do with out them. Im just looking forward to a steak next week, (I have not had red meat since dec.)

olllllo said:
Cool, glad to hear it.
They have steak in Texas?

If you have that kind of willpower, you should be kicking ass.

Only the best streaks in Texas. :D Not really will power more like scared of ending back in the ER because of it. Im sure im too behind for the this contest,to do any good but i still plan on losing 60 pounds this year some how.

Went for a run on Saturday morning to prove to the wife that I was not hungover. It hurt. A lot. Four days later I am thinking about another run. I don't want to weigh myself! ...should we have a sub-competition for the most amount of weight gained?

For any of you who have had luck losing, congrats. I haven't lost any (because I haven't been trying). But, I really need to, I'm tired of buying bigger work pants.

Really wish the Navy had relaxed fit uniforms. I think the whole thing with "relaxed fit" is just to make you feel better about being bigger. My work pants are a 38, but my relaxed fit jeans have more room and are only 36's.

Damn, See what happens when you are away from the board too long.

I could have waited to start losing weight, I started on March 9th at 225 and am now at 174 for a total of 51lbs; 22.6% less filling. Since I can't brew again until the screwed up builder finishes my house in September (the original move in date was July I'm not holding my breath for September either) It wouldn't be fair to enter since I couldn't pay for months if I didn't win. (I'll post pics anyway just because I'm pretty proud of myself)

The lesson here kiddies is hang out at the board even if it bums you out you can't brew.

Oh, man, just recently joined the forum and just saw this thread, noting the end of the competition is near...

Maybe if there is a round two I'll help out if I can with general advise...you see, I run a gym. :D

I think this is great, though: the homebrew crew can still get their weight loss on! Great job all you competitors!:D

Down to 284 now. Had the annual physical and twirly bird and blood work. All is well, but some elevated enzymes in my liver, so my liver is on a 3 week vacation from over the counter meds and alcohol. It's from my days when I hurt my back and was taking ibuprofen 800mg like candy. No brew till 4th of July after my next blood test.

In the mean time, I'm dropping pounds.

I was down 10 pounds last week. Im going for a nice little 40 mile ride in the morning before I weight to get some of that water weight gone.

Just a recap of what I looked like at 258#

profile.jpg

Now my new weight of 222ish # (I was 221 yesterday.. should have taken the picture then)36# lost for a total Percent Loss of 13.95%
scale2.jpg

And now the new Me!!! Note I had to tuck in my shirt so you could see what little belly I have left!!
profile2.jpg

Now that I am more than half way to my goal for my October wedding I am excited.. and so is SWMBO!!

SpamDog

Please let me know the address to send the beer to. I have a Belgian Wit, American Wheat and hobgoblin clone that was just bottled. Let me know what you want. IMO the Wit is great, have not tried the hobgoblin yet.

Hey thanks everyone.. Believe me I am as surprised as anyone.. Wanted to give props to Ayrton for giving me the nudge to start loosing weight... Not many people have checked back in so I don't know that I won but screw it I am happy and proud..

SpamDog

SpamDog said:
Hey thanks everyone.. Believe me I am as surprised as anyone.. Wanted to give props to Ayrton for giving me the nudge to start loosing weight... Not many people have checked back in so I don't know that I won but screw it I am happy and proud..

SpamDog

Way to go! Great job!:D

sorry guys - i have been way too busy at my new location to post much here or even check in. only got to the gym twice in april and missed may and june completly. the stress and long hours did get me down to 198 so i lost 8 pounds(probably muscle!)
then i was on vacation june 23 to june 30 and forgot about the competition.
let me know where to send the beer - see my sig and take your choice.
congrats to whoever won!

I joined in on this and for some reason I headed the other way, peaking at 298.

Since then I've dropped to 278 and it's still coming off.

Cool.. Thanks Ryanh1801, I'd like to thank ROD for my premium membership.. instead of sending me a beer for Customs to enjoy he gave the gift that keeps giving (no not that one.. a membership)

Woo-Hoo.. I Belong Now!!!

SpamDog

Latest posts

Back