The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2925.jpeg

I trust everyone had a good weekend of fun.

Sad news. Steve Andberg has decided to retire and will be closing The Witches Brew on June 1.

While I'm happy for my friends Steve and Kay, it's still sad. We've had a lot of laughs, made lifelong friendships and had some great (and not so great) beer there over the years. If there's an upside, now Steve will be able to join in on outings he had to miss before because the shop was open.

Sad to see another one go.
But speak not of age. I feel older all the time when I can't keep up with tech trends and ai tomfoolery.

It's getting to the point where I need @paulthenurse to make me a VladTheImpaler wrought iron "And Stay Off My Lawn" fence.

High Tide!

1711233311789.png

Hoping this storm stays as rain here - and snow up north. My sister and BIL skied Cannon yesterday in a foot of freshies, said it was the best skiing in years, and the mountains might get a couple of feet from this storm...

Shovel it? I'd love to be partying in it! Cannon is 10 minutes from our house up there.
Everyone in the family is dying they can't get up there until the weekend ⛷️

Cheers!

Big turnout at the pentacostalish church next door today...

Stinky perfume on the wind blowing through my screen of bamboo,

as I made a big batch

of fine lager brew.

Thanks, appreciate it :mug:

fwiw, I had my weekly MGH confab this morning with the two surgical teams (ortho and reconstruction) and they're still happy with their work. But, when they mapped out healing milestones, they snuck in a few more months than we had ever expected.

Up side: I can ditch the leg brace, start bending my knee and ankle again, and work up to walking without crutches over the week.
Down side: I have to see them again next Monday (vac' drain removal), so we won't be making it up north to see the full eclipse. Or I can get them all to change their schedules for me (riiiiight)...

Cheers! (First goal is to make it down to the brewery! :rock:)

ps: Weather reports for Monday the 8th in Central MA and Franconia NH both look highly favorable for clear skies...

Last edited:
Favorable weather prognostication from my BIL in Syracuse, where I'll be Monday April 8. I won't be able to swing by @Dgallo 's place, but I'll post a pic if I take one. Years ago in college freshman year I had an honors astro prof who traveled to Canada for a solar eclipse and said his camera froze up after just a shot or two. The whole class gasped. He quickly said the important thing is not to photograph but to see.

That's something that has stuck with me.

Totally agree with looking and then shooting. But careful about frying your camera/phone/whatever. We have the "certified" eyewear but I read conflicting reports on whether you can use those to protect a camera. I'm going to rely on professionals to post their shots on line and not even take the chance of cooking my phone...

Cheers!

Favorable weather prognostication from my BIL in Syracuse, where I'll be Monday April 8. I won't be able to swing by @Dgallo 's place, but I'll post a pic if I take one. Years ago in college freshman year I had an honors astro prof who traveled to Canada for a solar eclipse and said his camera froze up after just a shot or two. The whole class gasped. He quickly said the important thing is not to photograph but to see.

That's something that has stuck with me.
Enjoy it man. You’ll have better viewing than me, you’ll be near total, in Albany it seems like we will be around 95% or so but that’s still awesome.

My 5 year old son, Mílo (Me-low) has been fascinated with space and weather ever since he went to a planetarium at 3, I’m very excited to share this memory with him. I get out of work at 3:15 but I told my wife to fake that she or the baby sitter got the sh*ts so I have a valid reason to take a half day lol

I am many post-op weeks away from dealing with pretty much anything other than existing, nevermind snow removal. Hope it's all rain...
That’s my fear. Beautiful and near 60 this afternoon, calling for a potential 20 inches Wednesday (worse case scenario)

Finally found out the primary disease with which I've been dealing my entire life, all without the aid of doctors, hospitals, tests, Ouija Boards, chicken bones or even cherry picked random internet information. All I needed was Calvin & Hobbes.

1712157712426.jpeg

<which @day_trippr will likely point out in 15 seconds, is itself really just random cherry picked internet information>

Heard the plows roll by in the wee hours, woke up to a few inches of what looks like cement and a foot high slush berm across the driveway end. Can't do anything about it so hoping it melts quickly...

04apr2024.jpg

Yo DT let me know if you need a plow. My brother lives the next town over and plows. I'll get him to give you a freebie. If we ever see the sun it'll take no time to melt this poop

Thanks kindly, Dude, I appreciate the offer :mug: We should be ok, it's going to be in the mid/upper 40s the next couple days, half of the ~4" of concrete we got has already compacted or melted, and the berm at the end of the drive didn't impede the Spousal Unit's low-riding Impreza this afternoon (important! 😁)

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back