The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You say that now, but just wait...

1704600914343.png

"Next Stop: Quebec" ;)

Aaaaanyway...this "storm" has "nothing burger" written all over it so far. I have an inch of huge wet flakes on the deck rails outside my office slider and the weather radar looks like this will be done in a couple of hours. If this was a week day I doubt the town would call for a Snow Day....

It's snowed another 3-4" since i cleared the driveway, which is hella-annoying because I have to clear the driveway to move the car out of the "brewery". Darned inconsiderate weather.

Yeah, same few added inches after I started, and another couple of inches after I was "done".
I'll get that tomorrow along with the new berm the town plows laid across the end of the driveway.
I'd say we got ~13 inches all told...

Meanwhile...

I was wondering if @Cape Brewing still has Patriots tix - and if he used them today 😁

Cheers!

Today I learned that age has its privileges in Massachusetts: a few months ago I had been summoned for potential jury duty at the Middlesex Superior Court in Woburn 10 days from today. I had received a postcard Saturday requesting I confirm my appearance via a mass.gov related web page when I stumbled onto this on the mass.gov website:

"There are age limits for jury duty — You must be 18 or older to perform jury duty. If you're 70 or older, you can choose whether or not you want to perform jury service."

Woohoo! And on that note, I'm a old ghost - for now, at least! :rock:
Showing up in Woburn at 8am is a pita (been there/done that - twice) and in winter makes it extra special suckage.
Leave it to the youngsters. Call me in summer :)

Today I learned that age has its privileges in Massachusetts: a few months ago I had been summoned for potential jury duty at the Middlesex Superior Court in Woburn 10 days from today. I had received a postcard Saturday requesting I confirm my appearance via a mass.gov related web page when I stumbled onto this on the mass.gov website:

"There are age limits for jury duty — You must be 18 or older to perform jury duty. If you're 70 or older, you can choose whether or not you want to perform jury service."

Woohoo! And on that note, I'm a old ghost - for now, at least! :rock:
Showing up in Woburn at 8am is a pita (been there/done that - twice) and in winter makes it extra special suckage.
Leave it to the youngsters. Call me in summer :)
It’s good to be 70 and have hobbies to keep yourself busy year round! So many better things to do than JD!

You can all thank me for the decided lack of snow so far this winter. I finally had to put my old snow blower to pasture, it had some serious skin cancer from the years of salt and snow and was decaying in front of me. (I did manage to pull the motor off, it ran like a top, don't know what I'll do with it but I'm thinking I'll mechanize the cider press next year)
Anyways I went to the Orange Store (No not trump) and bought a nice new shiny yellow one, thus guaranteeing no appreciable snow for the remainder of the winter

I walked out of the store worried about our future as a species. I told the girl at the check out that I had heard they gave a military discount.
Yup, 10 %.
Cool can I sign up now?
Sure.
So is spend a few minutes registering, I happen to keep a copy of my DD214 in my phone si I could prove it. Well they couldn't seem to get it formalized but the girl say, "That's OK, Ill give you the 10 %."
Thank
In fact, I'll make it 20%, you've been such a good sport wrestling with that form on your phone. No, you know what, I'll give you 50!

And I'm like jumping up and down

So she takes off 50 bucks.

And I say to her, "You were going to give me 20% off"

Yes but I went one better and gave you 50.

No. 10 % of $1500 is $150. 20% of $1500 is $300. You took off 50.

And she had this look of total incomprehension on her face. She really thought she was going above and beyond.

As a species we are screwed.

Last edited:
I was curious about that - as the 2018 auction was to someone called "Runnymede Investments" - while this latest movement was orchestrated by a company called "FinestKind LLC". Is that just financial layering or was there a transaction from one to the other sometime along the way?

Cheers!

Must have been. I did notice the Finest kind reference. Must be trying to ride the reputation of previous brand. I wonder how much are the original people. It's always interesting/annoying to me finding out where the money goes in bankruptcy

Back