The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ate baby kale. I hadn't eaten in 3 days and it was mixed in with a salad. That's how my wife got me.

Here's a special quarter...

1590370738251.png

How come all the dysfunctional, obnoxious a-hole bullsh!tters come to this thread to spew their idiocy? We’re just sitting here on the Group W bench, minding our own business.

Oh. Ya. Ok.

A big “Thank You” to the Mod who stepped in and put out the dumpster fire before it could re-ignite. Can we all agree on a lifetime timeout?

All in favor?

Aye.

The little baby bat looks kind of cute.

I bet if you dredged him in flour and dropped him in some peanut oil he’d taste just like baby bat dredged in flour.

What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten? (Not counting curdled soy bean juice.)

I’ve eaten guinea pig in Ecuador. Not a big fan.

And in Iceland they catch Greenland sharks, let them start to rot, then cut them up and hang them to dry for 5-6 months. It’s called Hakarl. (There is an accent over the A but oddly enough I don’t have that symbol on my iPhone keyboard.) Lets just say that it’s an acquired taste. I actually kind of like it. It tastes a little like elephant rectum that’s been confite’d in the crankcase oil from a 1956 International Harvester corn thresher. If you wash it down with their caraway schnapps you’re pretty much guaranteed to be carrying on a conversation with Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters within the hour.

IMG_20200525_051757769_HDR.jpg

P.S. I reported the post as soon as I saw it. Killing rattlesnakes is a tradition around here.
And yes, we eat them. Tastes like chicken, but lots more bones.
The skins make a nice hatband, if you're into wearing a hat (not).

Last edited:
No
The little baby bat looks kind of cute.

I bet if you dredged him in flour and dropped him in some peanut oil he’d taste just like baby bat dredged in flour.

What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten? (Not counting curdled soy bean juice.)

I’ve eaten guinea pig in Ecuador. Not a big fan.

And in Iceland they catch Greenland sharks, let them start to rot, then cut them up and hang them to dry for 5-6 months. It’s called Hakarl. (There is an accent over the A but oddly enough I don’t have that symbol on my iPhone keyboard.) Lets just say that it’s an acquired taste. I actually kind of like it. It tastes a little like elephant rectum that’s been confite’d in the crankcase oil from a 1956 International Harvester corn thresher. If you wash it down with their caraway schnapps you’re pretty much guaranteed to be carrying on a conversation with Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters within the hour.
Not terribly weird, but being a suburban girl, having mountain oysters at a farm following that time of year that bulls become cattle, and many years later durian the odd fruit that smells like gas, tastes a little like strawberry and had the texture of mush, probably because it was frozen.
I had fried nutsa second time, but once was enough for durian.

caraway schnapps? hmmmm.....

It’s called Brenivin. I think it’s made from potato like vodka then flavored with caraway like gin. Then they mix in 20 pounds of LSD and give it a good stir.

You know the Northern Light? No such thing, it’s just people drinking Brenivin and hallucinating.

It’s called Brenivin. I think it’s made from potato like vodka then flavored with caraway like gin. Then they mix in 20 pounds of LSD and give it a good stir.

You know the Northern Light? No such thing, it’s just people drinking Brenivin and hallucinating.
Damn. I'm a little short on the LSD, any suggestions for a substitute? 'shroom juice?

He who shall not be named came along and posted that he educates people how meat eaters are destroying the planet, yada, yada...
I thought the nice touch was when he said he didn't appreciate his posts being erased. Life is a *****, eh?

Sorry. I’m calling you out. I don’t know what you meant about Towel Day. I’m hoping it was a smart/stupid phone auto correct but Memorial Day is not to be mocked. We are who we are as a nation; great, honorable, dumdass folks, because of people who believed in he concept of equality and prosperity for all and were willing to hazard their lives lives for that belief.

Our leader might be an be an idiot but we should all hope he succeeds, not fail. If he fails, we fail. Whatever you think of him, never hope for the POTUS to fail.

Memorial Day is a day for remembrance, reflection, and honoring those who made the ultimate sacrifice - and it's on the last Monday of every May here in the US.

Towel Day is May 25th, no matter what day of the week it happens to fall on in a given year, and some years the two share the same physical day in May (Towel Day - Wikipedia)

This year is one of those years where both collide together on the same day.

No mocking on my part whatsoever. If it weren't raining here today, I have had my flag flying at half-mast until Noon - but my SO has an arm injury and I can't raise/lower the flag by myself without it touching the ground, so it stayed inside properly folded.

Maybe not too unusual, but groundhog, or woodchuck, or whistle pig, whichever you choose to call it.
Not too bad.
92FED8CC-9573-427F-B92B-B04864F2650E.jpeg

Attachments

• ADBA05C4-8A16-41B5-A0F0-E80E7ADD7C5D.jpeg
    ADBA05C4-8A16-41B5-A0F0-E80E7ADD7C5D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Wait - someone ate Phil??

We have one at least that big residing here. He/she has a winter residence under our wood pile and a summer residence under our deck.
Given it's a total chicken - one glimpse of us and it's off like a relative shot - I imagine it might taste like one ;)

People eat rabbits and they have the same diet. We’ve had to remove a fair number of them over the years. I get nervous about their holes too close to the our beef cattle.

I was craving a burger, went to Fry's/Kroger. $5.99 a pound for 80/20, and only in 3 pound packs. Cheaper to go to Carl's Jr. And I think the 80/20 was a lie, more like 60/40.
The last ground chuck I purchased from the butcher (because I trust I can safely eat it medium rare) must have been a whopping $10 lb. I didn’t know the price because they are doing curbside and I just didn’t think to ask, of course it’s always more than the supper market. I have a grinder for the kitchenAid and might start making my own like a freaking off the grid hermit. Not that there’s anything wrong with that... Well, until you write a 200p manifesto and start stockpiling certain items.

Maybe not too unusual, but groundhog, or woodchuck, or whistle pig, whichever you choose to call it.
Not too bad.
View attachment 682539

Up until now, I thought only Bob and I were eating woodchuck. We have a saying at our house- "You eat my garden, I eat you". A groundhog can decimate a garden in just a couple of hours. It was amazingly good! My grandson saw one the other day scampering in our yard, and we put the trap out, but no luck so far!

I cook them slow in the oven with a glaze. It's an old German recipe according to the internet!

We've also enjoyed rabbit quite a bit, but I draw the line at raccoons, chipmunks, and red squirrels.

Up until now, I thought only Bob and I were eating woodchuck. We have a saying at our house- "You eat my garden, I eat you". A groundhog can decimate a garden in just a couple of hours. It was amazingly good! My grandson saw one the other day scampering in our yard, and we put the trap out, but no luck so far!

I cook them slow in the oven with a glaze. It's an old German recipe according to the internet!

We've also enjoyed rabbit quite a bit, but I draw the line at raccoons, chipmunks, and red squirrels.
We have a hard time trapping them. Ours typically perish from lead poisoning.

The last ground chuck I purchased from the butcher (because I trust I can safely eat it medium rare) must have been a whopping $10 lb. I didn’t know the price because they are doing curbside and I just didn’t think to ask, of course it’s always more than the supper market. I have a grinder for the kitchenAid and might start making my own like a freaking off the grid hermit. Not that there’s anything wrong with that... Well, until you write a 200p manifesto and start stockpiling certain items.
Not much into manifestos, but I will confess to stockpiling dried foods, and supplementing with a bit of canning for meats.
15907074212914653721541138144894.jpg

Not much into manifestos, but I will confess to stockpiling dried foods, and supplementing with a bit of canning for meats.
View attachment 682569

I can venison every year, and we love it. We open a jar, heat it up, add some sour cream and serve over noodles. Voila! Stroganoff.

This one better stay away from your garden.

Latest posts

Back