The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah you really do need to get going on the site. See the pic for what happens when you go there. :)

Must have been too many of us clicking on his website at the same time. Next time you want to look at it, give me a quick call and I'll make sure to not be on - wouldn't want to overwork his servers.

Yeah worked for me when no one else was using it. One person at a time can use the site! Hope for your sake more than one person at a time can drink your beer....

We have a professional graphic designer working on logos for us. Once we get those (hopefully this week), we will hopefully do am overhaul of the website and make it into a "real" site. What is out there now is not a real site.

My turn at the 'Its all about me' and the ' god have mercy on my soul' thang.

I think trump you both. I'm taking my 85 year old parents and 88 year old mother-in-law to Disney for a week. And my girls and their boyfriends are coming. God have mercy on my soul indeed!

And FWIW, if you are 7/8 dead you really do want me taking care of you. Not you, Cape, but everybody else.

Well, probably not Yeager, either.

Or Dakota. Or Rookie .

If Rick comes in he should just save some time and pull the sheet right up over his face.

I'd make sure the-bird lived. But only until next Masstoberfest when he has to give up the Masstoberfest Cup. After that all bets are off.

But mostly Cape. I've already run through 75 or a hundred different scenarios where he could run into 'unexpected complications.'.

"So sorry, Mrs Cape. We tried everything. God must have a hankerin' for Ass-beer. I'll be by tomorrow to get those barrels down in the cellar out of your way."

Very cool to be able to follow this start-up thing - even if its web site is hosted on a TRS-80 (how did they even find one of those?) I'll definitely keep at least one growler empty and ready :D

Cheers!

There's a little closet that I'm going to convert into a bar nook. It's exactly right between the built-in propane grill and the 1st-floor pisser, right by the back door. Going to get a mini-fridge. Put in some nice overhead lighting. Built a little countertop with the granite tiles I have left over from renovating my current kitchen. A couple glass-front cabinets to hold barware and the liquor. Probably a two-tap tower (they'll be another four in the basement, in the current beer fridge.

Hey congrats on the new place, Bird. And your beer plans sound great. Just one thing: If you keep saying "nook" we will hafta take away your man-card.

:D

LOL!!!!!!!

Yeah... Thats it.

We let you in here Az cause you meet our very high *****osity requirements. Bernie though? Ehhhh... I would feel like I was always three minutes away from a lecture for using "potty mouth"

I can hear him now.... "baaaaack in myyyyyy day... We didn't need those potty words! We said 'dang it' and 'golly jee wilikers' and we lovvvvved it!!"

I don't think you're giving AZ the credit he deserves. He more than meets our Standard of *****yness. I'd say he's a solid Brown Belt, and with only a modest amount more time and practice he could be eligible to sit for his Black Belt exam.

(The exam only, mind you. He still has to go through his internship, residency and sit for his boards before he can practice.)

Apropos of absolutely nuttin', Five Guys Burgers don't suck at all, but the fries are freakin' phenomenal!

It was in the high 50's just last weekend. Isn't spandex sporting season scaring you? There's rumors of a 5 guys opening just down the road from me. I figured the grease stains on the brown bag kept them healthy. Full size fries have 1700 calories. Better get Cape on your speed dial.

Mornin Massholes,

Cape - congrats on the progression of your brewery - with rumors of snow tonight, I went over to the scrap yard this morning on the way to work that I saw the 1/6 barrels at a few months ago, but there were none to be found. Sorry - I was hoping to help you out with a few.

Bird, congrats on the house, but too bad you couldn't find one without a nook. I hear those are real nasty to get rid of. I'd try DDT before the kids get in the house before it starts to multiply. The last thing you want in a new house is a full fledged nookery.

Of course, at least you'd know where to go when you needed to find a "little nookie".

(and I loved that "outrunning the punt coverage line". Glad my teammates didn't tackle me in my own endzone).
Mort

Cape,
These what you're looking for? Just found 4 1/6 size kegs with sanke tops this morning at a salvage yard. The picture was taken with my phone, and there was a lot of sun/shade in the back of my truck. There are a few dents and dings on them, but overall they all look very good. I haven't hit the ball valve with a screwdriver to see if they're holding pressure, but I bought 3 15 gallon kegs from the same place in the fall, and they were all brand new inside. The orange and green striped unit was from Sierra Neveda, the other 3 are microstar.

I may be driving down to WHOI in Falmouth/Woods Hole either tomorrow or Friday if you're interested, and I'm sure we can work something out. Want to trade for corny's?

you can email me back at [email protected]

four_kegs.jpg

It's possible. I think we were leaning on just buying about 60 either brand new or in bulk from another brewery. Something about selling our beer out of kegs from the dump kind of gives me the heebie jeebies to be honest. I'm sure they are fine and if they are holding pressure, I'm sure they can just be cleaned and be fine but... given the number we're looking for, I'm not sure 4 makes a dent and would be worth it.

nhwrecker said:
Cape,
These what you're looking for? Just found 4 1/6 size kegs with sanke tops this morning at a salvage yard. The picture was taken with my phone, and there was a lot of sun/shade in the back of my truck. There are a few dents and dings on them, but overall they all look very good. I haven't hit the ball valve with a screwdriver to see if they're holding pressure, but I bought 3 15 gallon kegs from the same place in the fall, and they were all brand new inside. The orange and green striped unit was from Sierra Neveda, the other 3 are microstar.

I may be driving down to WHOI in Falmouth/Woods Hole either tomorrow or Friday if you're interested, and I'm sure we can work something out. Want to trade for corny's?

you can email me back at [email protected]

Mort, how often do you find 15 gallon kegs? I'm looking for 2 in newer condition if you can keep your eyes open for me.

No prob, and I can certainly understand, although this salvage yard was a bit different than a dump, and probably cleaner than most of the places that a lot of bars store their empty kegs. I'll keep my eyes open for others, from other sources.

nhwrecker said:
No prob, and I can certainly understand, although this salvage yard was a bit different than a dump, and probably cleaner than most of the places that a lot of bars store their empty kegs. I'll keep my eyes open for others, from other sources.

I like the way you think!

Mort, how often do you find 15 gallon kegs? I'm looking for 2 in newer condition if you can keep your eyes open for me.

Just this morning I paid $39 for the 4 1/6 kegs that Cape didn't want because they had been dropped off to be sold for scrap at the metal salvage yard also known as the dumpster/dump icky poo heebie jeebie gross disgusting "I must be from New Hampshire, collect welfare and have no f'ing clue about what anyone might want in a used keg" dumpsite.

If you don't mind that pedigree, in September I bought five 15 gallon kegs for about $80. I've attached a picture of 3 of the ones I bought - all had some wear n tear, but the insides were spotless, and all still had beer under pressure that shot off across the yard when I depressed the ball valve. All I've done to the kegs in this picture is use "aircraft remover" paint stripper to take off the paints and residues from all the duct tape, etc. I'm going to be working all weekend on soldering in the fixtures that have been dry fit, and cutting in the electic elements.

They had at least 4-6 15 gallon kegs there this morning, and I can easily go back tomorrow and pick up some.

As an FYI and disclaimer against buying stolen kegs, this place requires a valid drivers ID in order to write out the invoice of any metals sold, and/or bought. I have a receipt for all the kegs I've bought.

I can have them in Nashua for you to pick up anytime this weekend (that doesn't in anyway interfere with the Pats kicking the Ravens' ass), or anytime next week.

Me costay ey yoo costay, ifyanowhateyemean, so it's probably only about $20 /keg to friends of PTN, and all attendees and friends of Masstoberfest.

If this weekend is bad, I work in Burlington/Lexington and can have them there to meet anytime during the week.

mort_kegs1.jpg

I work in woburn and in no rush but would definitely take 3 anytime you have them and I'll bring ya some cidah! I'm building a single tier and am looking for the same style kegs you have. Just let me know when you have them and I'll come get them.

Just this morning I paid $39 for the 4 1/6 kegs that Cape didn't want because they had been dropped off to be sold for scrap at the metal salvage yard also known as the dumpster/dump icky poo heebie jeebie gross disgusting "I must be from New Hampshire, collect welfare and have no f'ing clue about what anyone might want in a used keg" dumpsite.

LOL... wow... Have much of a complex??

Hi all,
I'll post back as soon as I can get over there and pick up whatever good kegs they've got. I'll try to get over there this afternoon, as the snow's starting again tonight.

DakotaRules said:
There are group grain buys that we participate in.

Im guessing by your response you are on or near the cape. What and when do you guys order and from were. Thanks.

FoulMouth said:
O i saw your in melrose an 148 min away

We belong to a brew club on the south shore called "south shore brew club" I do live up north but travel for good times! Look is up on the web and come to a meeting. We are a fun group of masshole's that love to brew. We have club buys and deals.

Latest posts

Back