The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long day yesterday. Started around 2am when the first two bottles of citrate of magnesium hit the alarm button. I was supposed to wake up at three for the third bottle anyways so not that big a deal. Several dozen “Oh crap, I hope I make it in time” trips to the room with the white chair later it was time to get in the car and hope things were over. They weren’t but held off long enough to make it there without the need to buy a new car. Hang around a little, catch up on Journal reading. A few more trips to a different white chair, a needle in the arm, a “Hey, good to see you again” to a former colleague, then a nap. Then home. Too hot to do anything, lay in the AC for a while. Another nap. Wake up. Go to bed.

Get your colonoscopy done boys and girls. What you don’t know can kill you.

Tip of the cap to new HOF'er. One of the best.

One of the best memories is his return opening day in 2013 for the ring ceremony. Blew an important save in the playoffs the previous year for the Yanks and got a roar for leaving the door open for the Sox to win the WS. Took it with class

https://www.mlb.com/video/red-sox-fans-cheer-for-mo/c-30569455

True story: When I was a kid in the 70's the year after Jaws came out, I took my souped up sears gamefisher (reinforced transom and a 18HP evenrude) around the chop to snorkel and maybe dig some clams off state beach. It was a nice day and the beach was crowded, and the few people in the water were hardly more than knee deep in.

They had seen the movie and knew this was the beach it was filmed at, I guess...

Hey, got into the new saison and it is better than expected, so here's another one. ;}

" Trigger warning" not much mamery glands in this one, but Slim Whitman, last of the tenor country crooners... yeah.

On a personal note, I had a beloved '66 pickup much like the red one. It was a sleeper though and 3/4 ton. Only mention it because the right side aux tank fuel reminded me of my old truck.

7380F854-80D6-49B4-8A36-BDEFC47BB6D2.jpeg
D0F9770D-FA14-4FF0-8E7F-CD1DA9B8C0DE.jpeg

The Spousal Unit has rented the same house on the beach in West Dennis for the same week the last five years with our sons and their families to gather for the week. It's been uncanny, but every week we've been there has been epic weatherwise, with the following week almost always a dreary mess.

The tornado thing was a bit over the top in that regard. There's a video showing a water spout crossing the Bass River a hundred meters from the public launch I used three times the week prior...

Cheers!

There's a video showing a water spout crossing the Bass River a hundred meters from the public launch I used three times the week prior...

Cheers!

You’re full of malarkey. You have no idea how far a hundred meters even is! No one does. It’s a made up word for Europeans and science geeks. Why don’t you use real measurements like feet and yards, like a good American, ya commie bastard? Inch, half inch, eighth and the RCH if you need real precision.

Meters... pffftttt.

Always a lot of sirens blaring on the main road in front of my house this time of year, often poor suckers tricked to renting moped or bike to tour island on narrow over crowded roads, (designed for 1/5 the summer traffic now,). They even give the poor folks distorted maps that make the "attractions" look closer together than they are.

Not that anyone should come here, esp in summer, but you do, it would likely cost a small group the same to rent a car as scooters. Rent the car, or if on budget, ride the local transit buses.

Of course there are boating and beach accidents, and people on vacation waiting till off job to have heart attacks (while having fun, I hope).

Plenty of car accidents too, most of the locals wait for off season for this.

Then there are the OD's. I guess that is everywhere now though. Again most of us who live here do that off season too, too much work to do in summer I guess...but the "visitors" fall too, of course.

You guys think I should get a job at the Chamber O commerce? {;

Not all gloom though, the new glycol chiller works good, today's brew already working at 54F. To me that means I'll have two kegs of strong lager to drink starting around mid Sept.

Latest posts

Back