The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope the Cubs win the WS. Back in '01 I went out to Chicago for a bachelor party and we went to three of the games at Wrigley between the Red Sox and Cubs. Every Cubs fan we talked to was all about "c'mon!! You guys can win it this year. Break the curse!" While every White Sox fan we met was a flaming *****enozzle. Cubs fans were just super cool and we had a freakin blast sitting out in the bleachers for that series (try that in NY).

I know... "cool story bro!" And no one cares but it's a rare day at the Bog where we don't have 400 things to get done, I'm drinking Burly Blondes and felt like telling people that.

Go Cubbies!

Pfft. Please. We both know who's gonna be dead first and who will be buying the beer.

Actually. I probably won't buy beer. I'll just grab a log from the brewery. Depends on who's comin' on which beer I grab.

I hope the Cubs win the WS. Back in '01 I went out to Chicago for a bachelor party and we went to three of the games at Wrigley between the Red Sox and Cubs. Every Cubs fan we talked to was all about "c'mon!! You guys can win it this year. Break the curse!" While every White Sox fan we met was a flaming *****enozzle. Cubs fans were just super cool and we had a freakin blast sitting out in the bleachers for that series (try that in NY).

I know... "cool story bro!" And no one cares but it's a rare day at the Bog where we don't have 400 things to get done, I'm drinking Burly Blondes and felt like telling people that.

Go Cubbies!

Cool story! Nah kidding ... had the same same experience in the week I was there. It was like the White Sox don't exist; zero representation. Didn't see a single sox hat, jersey ...etc. Cool folks in "Wrigleyville" (not sure if thats right). For a huge town it sure felt small and welcoming. Strangers buying beers and initiating conversation... this was before the game. The game was a cross town match and after the Sox won it was brutal. Sox fans talking chit and trying to fight. This is after they won. The L was sketchy

Cool story! Nah kidding ... had the same same experience in the week I was there. It was like the White Sox don't exist; zero representation. Didn't see a single sox hat, jersey ...etc. Cool folks in "Wrigleyville" (not sure if thats right). For a huge town it sure felt small and welcoming. Strangers buying beers and initiating conversation... this was before the game. The game was a cross town match and after the Sox won it was brutal. Sox fans talking chit and trying to fight. This is after they won. The L was sketchy

I think Chicago is a big version of Boston in a lot of ways. Boston is a tiny city land-wise and if you really wanted to, you could walk from one end of Boston proper to the other on a lazy afternoon.

Only problem with Boston is that it has a deserved reputation for people really kind of keeping to themselves unless you engage them. I've heard that from a ton of tourists when I worked in the city. Locals really keep to themselves but if you break the ice and engage someone in a conversation, next thing you know you're invited over for dinner and you're dating their sister.

Latest posts

Back