The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uggg... don't ask.

I'm gonna catch a ton of **** for this but I'll admit it... and then explain because it's for an awesome reason.

a "Pumpkelweizen"... (pumpkin dunkel)

We reached out to a very well-respected brewer in this state regarding taking him up on a very generous offer to lend some support to a tiny start-up like us if we ever wanted. He was great to go back and forth with and he then mentioned a pumpkin fest he holds every year... that is all pumpkin beers. Given who this person was and the names that are usually at this pumpkin fest... we thought it would be stupid not to at least try. So... I'm doing a Pumpkin Dunkel.

I am only doing a half-batch (so about 20 gallons). I added 6.5 lbs of chipped and roasted pumpkin to the mash and am wrapping up my beta glucan rest now.

There will be NO spices added to the beer at all. We think the banana and clove of our dunkel will be more than enough to highlight what will hopefully just be a bit of pumpkin taste in the background.

we'll see

yeah... maybe... I certainly don't think it would be bad. I would be nervous about overloading it with different flavors though. There is usually a lot going on with a dunkel to begin with.

Nothing says I can't split up the 20 gallons and try it though!

And if you are looking to go bigger the city of Attleboro has been pushing for a micro brewery in downtown. They haven't found the right one yet. You could even borrow BigJohn for free help.

no way... We really like being where we are... the folks in town have been awesome. We're going to try to stay right where we are for a long time.

Not only that but apparently the college girls from a certain college that is 200 yards away from us have found out we're here and like our beer.

Two words Melena... YOGA... PANTS

WINNING

Cape Brewing said:
no way... We really like being where we are... the folks in town have been awesome. We're going to try to stay right where we are for a long time.

Not only that but apparently the college girls from a certain college that is 200 yards away from us have found out we're here and like out beer.

Two words Melena... YOGA... PANTS

WINNING

For some crazy reason yoga pants don't do anything for me. The wings across the street totally do....

Had you considered brewery/ yoga studio? Something to fall back on if the beer thing doesn't work out. Hey, maybe you could do a blueberry next. I understand there is an influential brewer in Mass...

You will, of course, be serving your uber cool pumpkin beer with brown sugar and cinnamon around the rim of the glass. What a killer idea! Those college girls will be standing in line in their yoga pants!

Mock all you want Rotund One... but any time you want to compare the clientele you have at your job with our "yoga pants girls", you just let me know.

Come on, let's cut him a little slack. Remember what it was like when we had to root for a bad team? Every little victory was something to celebrate. Go Carey Price, Go PK Suban, 3rd place in the division is up for grabs.

bigjohnmilford said:
Come on, let's cut him a little slack. Remember what it was like when we had to root for a bad team? Every little victory was something to celebrate. Go Carey Price, Go PK Suban, 3rd place in the division is up for grabs.

Be so much easier if you weren't such a nice guy....

Which one of you Massholes was in my Town today?
a08f76f6-20b8-4201-8a67-1bc3abca8b13_zps76e41680.jpg

What the eff is the deal with pumpkin beers during October? Who drinks that crap? Why not make turkey flavored beer during November to keep with the holiday spirit? And...and...marshmallow Peep beer for Easter!

It's just wrong I tell you, wrong.

Cape does. In fact he made a definitive statement today by devoting an entire Sunday (during football season no less) to make a pumpkin beer.

He shouted from the rooftops that he will gladly sell his so for the opportunity to sell a few pints of girly beer.

Hey Brian, did you have Oprah or the Golden Girls on the tv while you brewed that abomination?

Maybe Yeager is the Brewer of the Month and is brewing The Bog some blueberry.

On a side note.... I hear that blueberry beer is a big hit with the girls in the yoga pants.

What the eff is the deal with pumpkin beers during October? Who drinks that crap? Why not make turkey flavored beer during November to keep with the holiday spirit? And...and...marshmallow Peep beer for Easter!

It's just wrong I tell you, wrong.

Maybe we need a contest for the holidays (all holidays), who can come up with a drinkable food themed beer. I pity the fool that tackles Flag Day!

Maybe Yeager is the Brewer of the Month and is brewing The Bog some blueberry.

On a side note.... I hear that blueberry beer is a big hit with the girls in the yoga pants.

The last tasting I did for a primarily college aged crowd liked IPA and DIPA. They weren't wearing yoga pants, some were wearing skirts and shorts small enough to pass for lingere though...

Back