The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cape Brewing said:
Sure... Swing by the Bog and ask Matt and Frank for a keg. Good luck with that.

Actually.... Please do... Watching you trying to ge up into your truck with an empty 1/6th keg crammed up your azz would be priceless.

I will have bigjohnmilford ask.

I will have bigjohnmilford ask.

I'm still skeptical free kegs will be passed out... although if your point was to avoid the azz-cramming of a keg... point taken.

We don't sell kegs privately either. 1) we aren't 100% positive we can legally (we think we can though). 2) we have so few kegs (relatively speaking) that if we were going to start selling kegs privately, we would have to charge something crazy like a $150 deposit on the keg. 3) the LAST thing we want to do is start chasing individual kegs all over 4) if we sell kegs privately, there is a decent chance they are going to push the beer with a basic pony tap and not CO2... Which will turn the keg moldy and all nasty if it sits for any real amount of time... And we don't feel like dealing with that.

I couldn't get a keg for MY pig roast.... Paul's not getting one for his.

Again... For "Bog water" that is apparently all full of butter, folks seem awfully lathered up over getting their hands on some.

Sure... Swing by the Bog and ask Matt and Frank for a keg. Good luck with that.

Actually.... Please do... Watching you trying to get up into your truck with an empty 1/6th keg crammed up your azz would be priceless.

you should have saved him a keg of the butter beer. that would have been priceless

Again... For "Bog water" that is apparently all full of butter, folks seem awfully lathered up over getting their hands on some.

Wait, so Kramer was using Stinger to shave and tan?

Seinfelds-The-Butter-Shave.jpg

Cape Brewing said:
I'm still skeptical free kegs will be passed out... although if your point was to avoid the azz-cramming of a keg... point taken.

We don't sell kegs privately either. 1) we aren't 100% positive we can legally (we think we can though). 2) we have so few kegs (relatively speaking) that if we were going to start selling kegs privately, we would have to charge something crazy like a $150 deposit on the keg. 3) the LAST thing we want to do is start chasing individual kegs all over 4) if we sell kegs privately, there is a decent chance they are going to push the beer with a basic pony tap and not CO2... Which will turn the keg moldy and all nasty if it sits for any real amount of time... And we don't feel like dealing with that.

Melana and I will be more than happy to have our liter bottles filled and delivered to the party. Sorry I'm not up on the butter jokes and I'm certainly not looking for a free keg or anything else for that matter. I never have a problem paying for good beer.

Cape Brewing said:

Nope my comment was for the cramming. As Big John said, we don't take what is not offered.

If I lived anywhere close I'd buy one or two bottles. That being said if you had some weekly hours I'd swing by and get some...private hours?

DakotaRules said:
If I lived anywhere close I'd buy one or two bottles. That being said if you had some weekly hours I'd swing by and get some...private hours?

Friday afternoon and Saturday. If you really want some pm me and we can work it out.

DakotaRules said:
Deal! I need to fill co2 so I may swing by Friday...

I can swing by Bog tomorrow and pick one up for You and meet you on Friday if that works. I'm going to be just outside of Boston on Friday afternoon.

the_bird said:
Awesome. Gotta try the Stinger, not sure what else he's got available; if there's a Black Steam available, I'd give that a shot as well.

Ok, if nothing else a liter of Stinger will be headed your way.

Any new breweries out that way we could trade beer for beer?

Big Elm, down in Sheffield, is one. I'm going down there on Sunday to hang out with the brewers and help out on the canning line. It's the folks who used to run the brewpub in Pittsfield, formerly of Victory Brewing back maybe 10 years ago. They've got a real nice Farmhouse ale (a little on the sweet side), a nice English ale, I need to stop by the packie tomorrow and pick up a few more of their things. Gotta give their IPA a shot. We can trade or I'll pay cash, whatever seems fair.

the_bird said:
Big Elm, down in Sheffield, is one. I'm going down there on Sunday to hang out with the brewers and help out on the canning line. It's the folks who used to run the brewpub in Pittsfield, formerly of Victory Brewing back maybe 10 years ago. They've got a real nice Farmhouse ale (a little on the sweet side), a nice English ale, I need to stop by the packie tomorrow and pick up a few more of their things. Gotta give their IPA a shot. We can trade or I'll pay cash, whatever seems fair.

We can take it offline for further discussion.... There's new stuff out this way too. Had any heady lately?

Drinking a heady topper right now. Got a lawsons chinooked for Thursday nights game.

If you are going to Bennington you might as well drive two hours north an hit Hill.

Drinking a heady topper right now. Got a lawsons chinooked for Thursday nights game.

If you are going to Bennington you might as well drive two hours north an hit Hill.

'Troll was telling me that they've basically stopped distributing Heady Topper away from the brewery - that cases were being sold while they were still on the packaging line.

bluemoose said:

I go there once a year. And in a 55 ford the drive would be another 3 hours.

the_bird said:
'Troll was telling me that they've basically stopped distributing Heady Topper away from the brewery - that cases were being sold while they were still on the packaging line.

They don't need any distribution. The line of people at the brewery throwing down 75 bucks a case is pretty impressive.

Back