The dog is panting. Storms coming.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
She's getting up in years, but has been afraid of storms for a long time. I guess her hearing is quite good because she can warn us of rain or thunder about an hour before we hear it. Poor thing. Kept me up half the night last night!

Poor thing. I had a dog that was terrified of loud noises and fireworks and storms were terrible for her. She would freak and try to get under a bed and cry. When she was about 12, she went deaf and seemed to not even feel the vibrations anymore so that was sort of a blessing for her.

My current old dog isn't the least bit troubled by storms or loud noises, or really anything at all for that matter. I love that about him!

When I was a kid we had a dog that was terrified of storms. She could hear the thunder long before we could and she would start trembling, whimpering and following us all over the house. It was a sad sight, so we tried everything to keep her a little calmer. She lived to be 18 years old--human years--and she was cursed with that acute hearing 'til the end.

I've been doing some home improvements lately. Table saw, air nailer, etc. My dog runs away when I am working (she has open access to yard/neighborhood). I have to lock her in a room, and even then she's likely to wreck the room while in there. It's become a bit of a problem.

Latest posts

Back