The Device

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UNOmar

Reaction score
Hey,
It's been a while since I've posted, but I came across this on Digg today and it kind of surprised me. Some guy built what he calls "The Device" which supposedly "makes beer with the touch of a few buttons and knobs."
Personally, I enjoy the process of making beer, but I clicked the link expecting to find some fancy contraption that would literally add ingredients and simplify the process. What I found (a you will also find if you click the link) is some dude who put his brewing equipment on a cart and setup an average pump system to transport the beer between components. The only interesting thing on there is that everything is kept a room temperature (even the finished keg) and served beer is channeled through a chiller before hitting the tap. It just seems like that would take a lot of CO2 to properly carb at that temp and would likely lead to a mug full of foam.

Maybe I'm missing something though.
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/man.s-best-friend/the-device-+-all+in+one-beer-making-machine-294175.php

Whoops, that'll teach me to not use the search before I post.
Like I said, it's been a while...

UNOmar said:
Whoops, that'll teach me to not use the search before I post.
Like I said, it's been a while...

No worries, at least you didn't ask "is my yeast dead?" or "how do I make a starter?" or "is aluminium ok?" :D

That reminds me, is it OK to make a yeast starter with dead yeast in an aluminum flask? If so, how can I be sure my yeast is dead?

Sorry, it had to be done...

Latest posts

Back