The Black Box Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zrule

Reaction score
I am in need of a new sensor cable. Anyone have any idea what to use for this? I emailed the mfg and have had no response.

The Black Box is an STC-1000 which uses an NTC 10K thermistor sensor.
Should be able to find something on Amazon. A B3435 slope probe should work...

Cheers!

I don't have the site in history anymore but the probes can be found on Amazon. Look up the STC-1000 to find the offers for probes. I bought a 5 pack of probes for $10 with the last purchase of the STC-1000.

Thanks for the help. The problem is the one on Amazon has two wires coming out of it. Mine has a jack that plugs into the back of the black box. Since I am not much of a techie I wouldn't know how to wire this direct. It is working but there is a loose connection in the jack that if moved slightly comes undone. I emailed the guy who built this but no response.

Thanks for the help. The problem is the one on Amazon has two wires coming out of it. Mine has a jack that plugs into the back of the black box. Since I am not much of a techie I wouldn't know how to wire this direct. It is working but there is a loose connection in the jack that if moved slightly comes undone. I emailed the guy who built this but no response.

It doesnt matter which wire goes to which pin... you can even just cut and splice and tape up with electrical tape and it will work fine. you tube has videos all you need is a razor or knife or better yet wire strippers. If you can manage to brew beer your plenty capable..

Back