The big snip poll. Sore or not sore.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How were the jingle jangles

• Had done : No problems

• Had done : Could not walk / sit for couple of days

• Had done : Could not walk / sit for over a week

• Had done : Went red and hot

• Had done : Enjoyed it, would do it again

• Not done : Old Policeman still on "special duties"

• Not done : May get it done in the future

• Not done : Would not get it done

• Ralph Nader has them

Results are only viewable after voting.
My wife had three C sections. She was afraid to have her tubes tied and didn't want to do it. I figured she had stepped up to the plate three times and if she was afraid then the manly thing to do was to take care of it myself. (insert Tim Allen grunt here)

So there you go. It doesn't emasculate you when you do it out of machismo.

Fingers said:
I figured she had stepped up to the plate three times and if she was afraid then the manly thing to do was to take care of it myself. (insert Tim Allen grunt here)

So... we take the hit for the SHMBO. Fair call. I will let her know that!

:off:...kinda. Why, after millions of years of evolution are they still hanging outside of the body where they can get 'damaged'. I know it is because they have to be a couple of degrees colder than normal body temperature but surely evolution could have fixed that by now! That makes me think... (oh oh, dangerous) If, by natural selection females choose a mate based on looks, then they must like the look of the jangily fellows otherwise they would have been phased out. Maybe it is a sign of the man being able to be a BIG breeder or something. I know one thing. It is time for another coffee!

rdwj said:
I had it done - wasn't a big deal. Just do what the doc says and take it easy for the better part of the week. I was advised to use a bag of frozen peas to keep things cool - worked like a champ!!

Everyone who says they had no real problems did exactly what the doc ordered. I may be getting mine done later in the year, just waiting for the missus to give me the green light.

Chairman Cheyco said:
Everyone who says they had no real problems did exactly what the doc ordered. I may be getting mine done later in the year, just waiting for the missus to give me the green light.

Not me. I knew I had to drive to the campground after the procedure so i didn't take the valium given me. Once there, I set up the tent etc. I got someone else to haul the water for me(I'm not THAT dumb) and pull the coolers out of the truck. and THEN I spent the weekend in my camping chair. And downed lots of BMC.:)
Once I went to work on Monday I was fine, but at the time I worked as a meatcutter and had the luxury of spending the day in a refridgerated cutting room. Oh that cool room felt good.......

Now that I think of it, the worst part of everything was when I had to get tested to see if the snipping was successful. Ya gotta spank your monkey into a cup and take it to a lab. Problem was the lab tech is a good family friend. I don't know whose face was redder when I brought in the sample, hers or mine:eek:

Ahhhh....amazing how relevant threads pop up... I'm scheduled for Aug. 3rd.
. My wife did the Amnio needle test and a C-section so I guess
its my turn. Guess I'll report back.

Bernie Brewer said:
Now that I think of it, the worst part of everything was when I had to get tested to see if the snipping was successful. Ya gotta spank your monkey into a cup and take it to a lab. Problem was the lab tech is a good family friend. I don't know whose face was redder when I brought in the sample, hers or mine:eek:

Having been through In-Vitro a few times, I had to do the same for the lab techs to fertilize my test tube baby. I tried to make a game of it and see how quick I could get in and out of that room-as if THAT would impress them.:)

This is my best thread EVER!!!

so, do as the doc tells you, drink a whole heap of HB, use frozen peas and get ready to spank the monkey afterwards. Sounds like a normal Sunday. ;)

I'm doing on mine on March Madness after the next baby is born. Too cold to miss out on outdoor fun, sports on all day and night, and the wife CAN'T tell you what you can and can't watch.

EDIT:

SHouldn't this thread be called "Let's talk...Vasectomies!!!" ??

dibby33 said:
What is this March Madness that I hear so much about?

College Basketball.

In March, the 64 best teams in all of college basketball play against each other. You lose once and you're out. It goes 64 to 32 to the Sweet 16, Elite 8, Final Four, and then the Big Dance between the final 2 teams. The final couple of rounds happen over the last weekend(ish) in March.

It's great fun. Office on the brackets, and guys get together, drink beer and cheer on their college.

Cheesefood said:
College Basketball.

In March, the 64 best teams in all of college basketball play against each other. You lose once and you're out. It goes 64 to 32 to the Sweet 16, Elite 8, Final Four, and then the Big Dance between the final 2 teams. The final couple of rounds happen over the last weekend(ish) in March.

It's great fun. Office on the brackets, and guys get together, drink beer and cheer on their college.
ah, excuse to drink beer. :mug: ...the AFL (Australian rules) finals are coming up - may have to book in around then! That would be good as I would have two barrels of beer that will be ready by then. :drunk::drunk::drunk:

olllllo said:
OG:
FG:

Brewhouse Efficiency: 0%

In a thread filled with many gut wrentching, ball clenching and humorous posts, this one is a stand out!

Personally, I am at a point where I have gone far enough through my life at 37 not wanting kids that I don't see that changing. The process has crossed my mind.

Done...........this morning...........I'm sore.............

Hopefully I feel better tomorrow. Right now, its like ya got kicked
in the balls, and it just doesn't go away. Not unbearable or anything like that,
just very annoying.
Should have not taken the pain med's so I could enjoy some HB's instead.:mug:

Radarbrew said:
Had it done long ago. No problems after, and I downed a sixer of cold ones after. The trick is one in the lap, one in the hand, repeat until you go to sleep.

Yup, that's how I did it.:mug:

Radarbrew said:
Had it done long ago. No problems after, and I downed a sixer of cold ones after. The trick is one in the lap, one in the hand, repeat until you go to sleep. Weird enough, I was able to "tee up" 3 days later, and could not wait to get back in the game.

I shoulda done that. Unfortunately I didn't.. and it hurt like a mofo.

Had it done years ago. They gave me two pills to take 30 min before the appointment. Mrs. and I were doing some shopping that morning. I got more and more messed up as we shopped and she finally sent me to the car. Sat in the waiting room at doctor's trying to act sober when I realized I was on a perfectly legal high. It got more fun for a while. When they finally took me back, the pills were wearing off. I told the doctor about it and he said they'd give me a little something else. "Something else" turned out to be a needle in the nuts. Not good!
During the procedure, a nurse who happened to be a friend of my Mom's walked in. Uncool !
A month later, I had great pain on one side due to some kind of infection. I thought I was dying! Antibiotics put me right in no time.

All in all, I'd do it again. It takes all of the worry out of the grown-up thing.

Latest posts

Back